What is your favorite browser?

I was reading a topic in Playground that had turned into a discussion about browsers and began wondering…What browsers does everyone have? and Why?

I know a lot of people seem to have IE7 (or IE6), Firefox, or Opera, but I heard a few other interesting ones. I’m curious why everyone uses their respective browsers though.

I have Firefox as my main browser with IE6 as a backup in case something doesn’t work right. I also tried Opera, but never really got used to it.
I like Firefox cause it runs well on this computer. (very, very few problems) And it runs faster than IE6. Also, I noticed it’s more secure (partly just because IE is more widespread). And I don’t think my StumbleUpon would work with many other browsers. And I owe my finding LD4all to StumbleUpon

Opera. It is the only one that i can use both on the computer and on the phone, and still recognise everything. :cool: Also, it is norwegian and free. Its mouse controls have grown so much into my hands that i keep trying to use it in all kinds of other programs!

i am a militant Firefox user i do NOT endorse to perverts using IE

That’s the way Siiw! Opera FTW! And about the mouse gestures: opera.com/products/desktop/mouse/

Firefox Is fine, but it is over estimated (You know, stuff such as “Firefox never Crashes” And such which are wrong)

ive never had firefox crash, she’s always been good to me.

my only gripe is the updates. they happen all the time, and if you choose to update later you cannot choose to update later again. it just downloads the next time you log on.

I use Firefox, mainly coz’ I’m used to it. It’s nothing fancy but works fine. Only drawback is quite excessive memory usage but stability is acceptable.

I use Firefox since I’ve had this computer (1 year) and I’ve had it on my old computer too. The main reason why I like it is because it has tabs so you don’t have to create a new window (to me thats annoying having to use a new window).

I used to use Opera but there was probably one specific version of it that was pretty buggy and I switched to Firefox. Still using it. All those who say that Firefox is overrated and what else: I don’t care? I have no problems at all and I don’t really like Opera anymore :tongue:

And I still have IE 7 if anything shouldn’t work but I never had to use it before
(well there was one case but the site has fixed the FF issue)

I use firfox but whenever I check my email through msn the IE box pops up and then I get a reminder of how crap it is, or how good firefox is.

I switch between Firefox and Opera. Right now I’m using Firefox because it’s the fastest. But I like Opera because it makes everything look better somehow. I have no preference between the two though. Both have their ups and downs I guess.

Oh yeah, and I hate IE.

I’ve only really had IE and Firefox…and out of those two, Firefox ^^

TwilightDreamer, don’t forget, Opera crashes, too.

Kt, IE7 has tabs now. But I still prefer the feel of the FF tabs. :yes:

Hime, any specific reasons you like Firefox better? (Same question goes to The Game)

At the start it was the tabbed thing, but IE got that eventually too…I find it less laggy. My system just seems to make things load faster with Firefox XD Kuro suggested it to me ages and ages ago and I noticed it. But, if I do anything important like PayPal I use IE…because of that innate fear XD

I’m aware of that. I just prefer Firefox it seems cleaner. Didn’t FF have tabs first?

I use Firefox on my main/gaming PC, Safari on my Mac.

I use firefox, but I must say it’s quickly becoming another silly piece of bloatware. I’m thinking about switching. In my opinion, Safari is a darn good browser. Two reasons why I don’t switch to it: wine makes it too slow to be worth it, and I hate the Macintosh aesthetics, which basically tell me “hello, we think you’re a moron, please let us make things as easy and simple and short sighted as can be, and be happy about your easy lack of choices.” If in one end, fx and ie are bloated, on the other, Safari is stupid. I want a minimalist browser, but a smart one nonetheless.

Why firefox is better here you go :

1. Way faster at loadiing webpages
  2. Way faster startup
  3. Tabs are way better managed (and you can open a tab in 0.2 secs not in 10)
  4. its HTML Conform (IE most of the time displays bull****)
  5. Its free (not concernig the price but the license)
  6. Better security
  7. Everyone can help developing it
  8. There are thousands of addons
  9. using IE on linux would be kinda stupid
  10. Torbutton :smile:

Just switched to firefox after reading this and boy is it worth it… the tabs alone are AMAZING!!

I use FireFox and i have Safari for back up. I’m just so used to FireFox that i don’t like using anything else.

Ysim, I never said it didn’t crash. All I say is that some of the reports on FF are wrong.
About FF being faster than opera, I realy don’t know.

But I do know opera has mouse gestures! (Hehe, didn’t I say that already?)