Current Wings Quest 126
Lucid Rhymes

Going through mirrors

Author  Message 
PashSanity
LD count: 13

Going through mirrors
PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

before I ever had a lucid dream I was reading that going through a mirror in a lucid dream is very interesting. A few times I stuck my head through a mirror to see what I could see and it was all dark with random white spots, and for some reason it gave me an unsettling feeling so I've never jumped through one before, but last night I decided "It's only a dream, so might as well" so I ran full speed at it and jumped in head first. I started falling through darkness, there were random rectangles of light passing in random places and then I fell into one and ended up outside.

Last edited by PashSanity on Fri 18 Jan, 2008; edited 1 time in total
Ell
Somniologist
Somniologist

I've had a few mirror experiences. In one I stretched it so I could fit into it then had a FA. Another time I jumped in one and everything just went black. I'm not too lucky when it comes to mirror destinations.

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

I had a strange experience once. I don't remember if I was lucid before or after I walked through the mirror, but it was bizarre. Firstly, the mirror shower like a tunnel, similar to when you put a mirror in front of another mirror. and i walked through the tunnel backwards. I then realized i had walked into a painting. It looked like some sort of mix between Gogh, Esher and Dali. It was a sort of lunar landscape, or maybe some planet. I remember a shooting star. The cool thing was that everything was painted. I think this experience was influenced by something I might have seen that was similar.

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

welcome welcome to LD4all PashSanity
The first official Quest was LD4all Quest #1: Self-Existing Moon: Through the Mirror
the topic is still open for members who wish to go through the mirror as a Quest ^^

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
al
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I've had many dreams all my life in which I passed through a mirror to discover all kinds of amazing things on the other side. I have no doubt that this was influenced by the fact that I was not allowed to read Alice in Wonderland, but did anyways, when I was seven. Just like in the book, there is always something incredible when I jump through the glass.

MaximumLD
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I have never gone through a mirror, but I'm definetly going to try. A weird thing I noticed on the mirror on a LUCID dream, was that I saw my mirror image. ( At least I recall it that way. ) I never thougth it was possible. Is it possible? Or do I remember wrong? :D

motionman88
LD count: 10

mirror
PostPosted: Wed 23 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

When i touched a mirror i had a wierd tingling feeling and i decided to go into it and everything started to get dark and it looked like i was entering a tunnel but then i woke up.

al
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

MaximumLD wrote:
I have never gone through a mirror, but I'm definetly going to try. A weird thing I noticed on the mirror on a LUCID dream, was that I saw my mirror image. ( At least I recall it that way. ) I never thougth it was possible. Is it possible? Or do I remember wrong? :D

If it happens again, try to look at your reflection for a while. Without fail, my reflection in a dream always starts making faces at me! I'm not sure this happens to other people, but it seems to always happen to me.

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

One time when i looked in a mirror, I told it to show me my true self. What followed was a weird mental "cutscene" that showed images I interpret as a sort of "precognition" (though i don't believe in it) of me going insane someday and there was an image of a murdered boy with much blood. I then returned to standing by the mirror. It was like, "flashbackstyle". I didn't see it in the mirror. it was, well like in movies when they have flashbacks or visions. I guess it isn't directly related to mirrors. Examine your image! You might look different. My hair is often different in dream mirrors. It's also weird when you have no image.

DreamWalker_5
Somniologist
Somniologist

Never heard of mirrors in LD but I will definetly try this out grin

Byakugan
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

I'm going to try this out....
once I have my first LD! Gah!

DreamWalker_5
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

What does usually happen when u jump into a mirror? eh

MaximumLD
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

Read the topic. Usually it might lead you to a place you want to go, or a place which is beautiful and fun. Sometimes it drops you off the scene into a black void.

It's all pretty random. You cannot really know where it leads you until you try it.

al
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

DreamWalker_5 wrote:
What does usually happen when u jump into a mirror? eh

It's definitely one of those things that's different for everyone. It used to be that it always guaranteed an entrance into a magical dream realm for me, but in the last few years it has sometimes meant entering a void of black nothing. So perhaps you could report back to us and tell us what happens when you do it....

Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity
Wolfgame
LD count: 16

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

When I tried to jump through the mirror in a normal dream, I actually could not jump through the mirror, it was solid :o

print