EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

i dont know how to explain it, please read

Author  Message 
chickenleggz
[AT,C] Mo Fo
Somniologist
chickenleggz has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 10

i dont know how to explain it, please read
PostPosted: Wed 19 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

alright when im in dreams. uhh....
it takes alot more to move you know?
ummm. it feels like im kicking and punching in water, even when i try to move.

but not only that but my eyes go wild and its hard to see. not dark just... hazy?

so im moving through water and i cant see anything. Most of the time
is there a way to stop it? this can be in ND or LD

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

I know what you're talking about. I get that sometimes, usually without hazy vision though. When it happens I usually realize I'm dreaming. I don't know what causes it but I remember at least one time I fought it and won. I wouldn't let it stop me. Other times I can't fight it and get completely stuck. Then I wait and it passes after a while or I wake up.

Rare
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

i think i used to get something similiar to this as well. I would be walking and it would feel like it was really hard to stand up straight and move forward. Like in water, or like a ton of gravity was pushing me down. It eventually went away I had pretty much forgotten about until reading this...

I know that probably doesn't help much, but I wouldn't worry yourself over it to much. It is something that should clear up.

smile

G. atlanticus
Shiny Space Slug
Dream Deity
LD count: 23

I've had this in stressful dreams, like when I'm trying to run somewhere and I seem to be pinned to the ground every time I try to stand because of ... it seems most like tremendous gravity. Unfortunately I don't know why that happens or how to beat it, as I've only encountered it in ND.

Current LD goal(s): *formerly known as hunaynay
Vagabondage
I like turtles
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

It happens rarely nowadays.

I think the key is just not thinking about it. If it's a problem, just cast it aside and forget about it... Not sure if it works this way, but I don't experience problems with moving or vision (or flying) and I only really have problems when I think about it. ^__^;;;

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

I think it may be due to being slightly aware of the real life SP while we are dreaming and so our muscles become harder to use in the dream world? When ithappens to me it is just at the end of dreams before waking.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Mighty Mutant
Paszynski For All
Somniologist
LD count: Around 20

PostPosted: Sat 22 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

I think Moogle is probably right there. That seems very likely. I also have another theory; As we know, things in dreams are not simply day residue, but are hints and manifestations of deep down thoughts, urges, and fears. Maybe the difficulty you experience in trying to move is a manifestation of a lack of confidence in yourself, or something about yourself, like your flow or ability to gather momentum on a project. I can relate this to my own experiences. I have never been in a real fight, and therefor don't really know about how competant I would be if someone were to attack me. I usually think quite logically and am quite certain that I would do very well, but there is a doubt in my mind. This doubt manifests in my dreams whenever I try to punch someone. The punch is always really weak and slow, and hits the target with all the force of a balled up pair of socks thrown gently across a room. I know it's to do with this doubt in myself, because in the odd dreams where I've been someone else, I punched very very well. Maybe you should ask a dream character about it, to see if it is something like this.

chickenleggz
[AT,C] Mo Fo
Somniologist
chickenleggz has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sat 22 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

Mighty Mutant wrote:
I think Moogle is probably right there. That seems very likely. I also have another theory; As we know, things in dreams are not simply day residue, but are hints and manifestations of deep down thoughts, urges, and fears. Maybe the difficulty you experience in trying to move is a manifestation of a lack of confidence in yourself, or something about yourself, like your flow or ability to gather momentum on a project. I can relate this to my own experiences. I have never been in a real fight, and therefor don't really know about how competant I would be if someone were to attack me. I usually think quite logically and am quite certain that I would do very well, but there is a doubt in my mind. This doubt manifests in my dreams whenever I try to punch someone. The punch is always really weak and slow, and hits the target with all the force of a balled up pair of socks thrown gently across a room. I know it's to do with this doubt in myself, because in the odd dreams where I've been someone else, I punched very very well. Maybe you should ask a dream character about it, to see if it is something like this.

hey that punching thing has happened to

print