EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

First Steps to WILD part IV (Basic WILD Q&A)

Author  Message 
Muzzius
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 6

First Steps to WILD part IV (Basic WILD Q&A)
PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

<mod>This is part IV of the First Steps to WILD Topic.

Please use this topic for all basic questions about the WILD technique.

Part I
Part II
Part III
dragon
</mod>

I recently started trying to do a WILD, whenever I do it after a couple of minutes, I feel like I really need to move and it begins to feel like my bed is shaking, then I start to feel sort of hot and cold, and I usually twitch around this point though. I have noticed that if I try to move and end it forcefully, it takes a while for me to get moving. I don't really experience much HI and I was wondering whether this Is border of doing a WILD/entering SP or if it is just me being weird.

Current LD goal(s): One more.
bob917209
Hey, I gots a star!
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4.5 thus far

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

Hey, I have a question. I feel like I'm getting really close to getting into the dream state, I can see the HI (flashing lights and colors in my case), and I usually can get to the falling/spiraling feeling, and don't really feel anything like the blanket on my arms or legs. This seems to last about 5 or 10 minutes by my perception, and the spinning feeling usually fades out and comes back a lot, I have some trouble maintaining that. However, I can't seem to get past that, and give up because I don't feel any progress, even though I am getting pretty vivid HI, still the swirly colors though. So, any tips to get past that very annoying stage?
Also, similarly to Muzzius, I can feel a delay, and feel a little numb and desensitized whenever I try to move to another position after giving up. Is that the onset of sleep paralysis, or something completely different?
Edit:
After practicing this some more, I feel I am getting even closer to the REM stage. After being in the spinning and numb state (I don't believe it's sleep paralysis, because I can move, it just takes some will), I have noticed that I get really really hot. Is that normal? And I still can't seem to get past this stage, so the previous question is still open to answers.

LD count: 15

I don't know what to do
PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

ok, so everytime I try to wild, I try it on my back and I think thats how I got my first one, but its not really working do I have to be perfectly still in order to see images? After I go into my dream and I know i'm dreaming I can't really do anything I want to do and I certanly can't feel myself doing it,what happens is things happen the way I want them to but i'm not really controling it sorry if this is confusing but I dont really know how to explain it and also can I wild on my side? overspannen any help is very much apreciated thank you

Chat Mods
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

Muzzius wrote:
I recently started trying to do a WILD, whenever I do it after a couple of minutes, I feel like I really need to move and it begins to feel like my bed is shaking, then I start to feel sort of hot and cold, and I usually twitch around this point though. I have noticed that if I try to move and end it forcefully, it takes a while for me to get moving. I don't really experience much HI and I was wondering whether this Is border of doing a WILD/entering SP or if it is just me being weird.

The feeling of movement being sluggish is was quite common for me once I had lay absolutely still for a while. It seems not everyone will experience HI when attempting WILD, some people can enter a dream without even realizing; at least until they get board of trying WILD and give up. It is possible that you are experiencing the onset of SP. Although "a few minutes" gives me the impression it might be happening a bit too quickly.

bob917209 wrote:
any tips to get past that very annoying stage?

With the HI I used to get two different types. First there was the swirling colours stage. Where the colours formed random patterns, but nothing more. Then a very different stage where I would see fully formed images. Often with a distinct storyline. I know that for some people the colours would transform into images, that has never happened for me personally. The only tip that comes to mind is to keep yourself relaxed and carry on with whatever technique you are using to stay aware. I don't think you should ignore the images/colours, but just acknowledge them and flow passively.

bob917209 wrote:
I have noticed that I get really really hot. Is that normal? And I still can't seem to get past this stage, so the previous question is still open to answers.

Personally I can't say I've felt odd heat. In fact at the stage you mention I don't really recall any feelings from my body except perhaps a little numbness. I think this will feel different for each person though.

padfootandprongs123 wrote:
ok, so everytime I try to wild, I try it on my back and I think thats how I got my first one, but its not really working do I have to be perfectly still in order to see images? After I go into my dream and I know i'm dreaming I can't really do anything I want to do and I certanly can't feel myself doing it,what happens is things happen the way I want them to but i'm not really controling it sorry if this is confusing but I dont really know how to explain it and also can I wild on my side? overspannen any help is very much apreciated thank you

The position you WILD in only affects you, if it is easier or harder for you to get to sleep in. If you find it harder to sleep on your back then you will find it harder to WILD on your back. With the control you describe there are two possibilities that may cause that. One is that you are dreaming you are lucid dreaming. This means you dont actually realise at the time you are dreaming, it is usually more like your mind playing out what might happen as if you were lucid. (It can get confusing at times ) The other possibility is that it is a low level lucid dream. Meaning you realise that you are dreaming, but you don't necessarily realise all of what it means. (You don't realise that you can control the dream for instance.)

Current LD goal(s): Become a Dragon! RAWR!
bob917209
Hey, I gots a star!
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 01 May, 2008  Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Dragon. Ima try that tonight, and I guess just try to ignore the heat like the itches... Hopefully my attention span will last long enough to get to a fully formed image .
Edit:
So, the colors didn't turn into the fully formed images for you, but were a different "scene"? I can't really understand if there was a gap between the two or what. Clarification would be nice.

Last edited by bob917209 on Fri 02 May, 2008; edited 2 times in total
LD count: 15

thank you dragon 73 once again, your right and im going to try on my back thank you so much very thankful

SoooHxC
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

i can't sleep on my back
i get a weird feeling like i'm being stretched out or something and it's just uncomfortable

did you mean that doing WILD on your front or side won't work?

bob917209
Hey, I gots a star!
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 02 May, 2008  Reply with quote

From my understanding, any position will work, but going to sleep on your back is supposedly the easiest way to WILD. Personally, I have gotten the same distance into the sleep cycle on my side and back (still no dreams yet...), so I don't really see much of a difference. Just do whatever is comfortable for you.

On my own progress, I have another question. So, I think I may be feeling the vibrations that have been mentioned, but I'm not sure. They just felt like isolated super-rapid twitches in a few muscle groups, with a minute(maybe) or so gap between vibration, and then twice, I think my entire body started shaking for about half of a second. Are these the referenced vibrations? AND, if so, how close am I? 2 weeks of practice had better be paying off... wink

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Fri 02 May, 2008  Reply with quote

bob917209 wrote:
Are these the referenced vibrations?

Well they might vary from person to person, but for me it's more of a waving or pulsating feeling... and it usually takes a few seconds...

bob917209 wrote:
2 weeks of practice had better be paying off... wink

In the end it will. Keep in mind the big picture, lol. Imagine yourself in x years as a WILD master! yeah, I have to practise more WILD, really.... shy2 *pictures self as a WILD master*

Chat Mods
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Sun 04 May, 2008  Reply with quote

bob917209 wrote:
So, the colors didn't turn into the fully formed images for you, but were a different "scene"? I can't really understand if there was a gap between the two or what. Clarification would be nice.

For me there was a definite gap between the two, I'd see the colours and they would seem to fade, to be replaced later with full scenes. Some people seem to have the the colours transform into the scenes though.

Current LD goal(s): Become a Dragon! RAWR!
bob917209
Hey, I gots a star!
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2008  Reply with quote

Thats good to know... I'm pretty sure I got to that step last night... smile But that heat... I was fighting not to move, and getting really sweaty, but when I finally collapsed, the heat pretty much went away, and there was absolutely no sweat to be observed. (by the way, I have a pretty light blanket, and the fan turned all the way up, so this shouldn't be a problem) So far, I haven't had problems not moving, but this is a killer. grrr I know (99% sure) its a hallucination, but it feels really weird, and I actually felt my entire leg jerk because of a tingle(?) at one point, so this feels pretty darn real. Anyone had a similar experience? If so, any advice?

Kristopher
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 1 i think :S

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2008  Reply with quote

^ my EXACT experiance

Tuco

f
PostPosted: Thu 08 May, 2008  Reply with quote

So last night I tried this and after I had counted all the way to 580 I felt REALLY REALLY weird. I got all tingle and my muscles twitched and after a few minutes it went away, am I doing it right? If so what do I do when that happens?

bob917209
Hey, I gots a star!
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 09 May, 2008  Reply with quote

Yeah, you seem to be on the right track. If you saw a bunch of swirling colors or fully formed images, particularly the latter, you are very close. You just need to keep from moving, and you should eventually drift away from feeling your own body and be teleported into a dream.

Tuco

PostPosted: Thu 15 May, 2008  Reply with quote

I need a quick answer, I didn't see any colors just kind of faint movement and my fan got REALLY fast and I heard a big noise and I got all tingly but I didn't know what to do

print