Pause Time

Obama

Author  Message 
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

Obama
PostPosted: Sat 10 May, 2008  Reply with quote

Is this a joke. Husain Obama. Why would you even think you would have a shot at being president with a name like that? I would love to see the next president be a women, or a black man, but seriously. I didnt know his middle name was Husain until resently. Not to mention Obama... Osama. I mean come on. What is the deal hear. Im voting for Hillary. I really dont want to see another white man in office. Its time for something diffrent.

bullet25
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 1! YES!!!

i am voting for hilary also but serisoly the name does not matter and this is why i get pissed at people in my school and america in generl. if someone ran for president and there name was sh**y McS**t S**t would you not vote for her? i meen i get pissed also when people say there not vothing for Hillary because she is a woman or there voteing for Oboma because hes black. thouse are the wrong reasons to vote you vote on the issuses. i meen look at JFK he was baccaly elected becasue women like the way he look and see what happed to him he got shot. i would vote for Oboma if he had more experience. he has not even served a full senate turm. now i will admit he has only gotten this far because he is black and the media is afread to touch him becuase if they do they are raceist. i have seen this enigh where i live. if Pastor Write was hillary's or mccane's pastor they would have been forced to dropout due to it. there are black people that say if you are white and think Pastor Write is racest or wrong thlat you are racest. so i dont know i just know you should not vote for someone because of there name.

Not because of his name, but many people feel that he is a Muslim. There would be nothing wrong with that per se, but if he was honest about it, that would be another story.
The man won't even hold his hand over his heart for the National Anthem, can we say disrespectful?

For the record, I'm against all 3 candidates. McCain, Hillary, and Obama are all corrupted to an extent one way or the other.

bullet25
Somniologist
Somniologist

NewReality wrote:
McCain, Hillary, and Obama are all corrupted to an extent one way or the other.

just like all poloticians! and religion should have nothing to do with being persident eather i know all but (i think it was 2) where Catholicl. but it should have nothing to do with it

tyrael
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
tyrael has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

NewReality wrote:
For the record, I'm against all 3 candidates. McCain, Hillary, and Obama are all corrupted to an extent one way or the other.

same here.
dark

bullet25 wrote:
just like all poloticians! and religion should have nothing to do with being persident eather i know all but (i think it was 2) where Catholicl. but it should have nothing to do with it

Most are, but not all. JFK, Ron Paul, and Dennis Kucinich come to mind.

Wyrmfell
For Now, I Am
Astral Explorer
LD count: >100

NewReality wrote:

Actually, Obama explicitly refuses to take donations from corporate and government lobbyists. Every penny used in his campaign came from individual citizens, in the largest grassroots fundraiser ever.

On the page of his website where you can donate, you have to check a box stating the following:
Quote:
1. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.
2. I am at least 16 years old.
3. This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization or national bank.
4. This contribution is not made from the funds of a political action committee.
5. This contribution is not made from the treasury of an entity or person who is a federal contractor.
6. This contribution is not made from the funds of an individual registered as a federal lobbyist or a foreign agent, or an entity that is a federally registered lobbying firm or foreign agent.
7. The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.

And you call him corrupted?

I'm just curious. How many speeches have you heard? How many debates have you watched? Or are you just jumping on the Ron Paul bandwagon? Of course it's impossible for a mainstream candidate to attain that status because he gives the people real hope for change, oh no. Only the less popular candidates can be truly honest. Everyone else just cares about personal gain, because that's the kind of person who would want to run for president. [/sarcasm]

Honestly though, I would like a mod to lock this topic before it gets out of hand. I can already tell it's going to get heated.

bullet25
Somniologist
Somniologist

Wyrmfell wrote:

I'm just curious. How many speeches have you heard? How many debates have you watched? Or are you just jumping on the Ron Paul bandwagon? Of course it's impossible for a mainstream candidate to attain that status because he gives the people real hope for change, oh no. Only the less popular candidates can be truly honest. Everyone else just cares about personal gain, because that's the kind of person who would want to run for president. [/sarcasm]

Honestly though, I would like a mod to lock this topic before it gets out of hand. I can already tell it's going to get heated.

i disigree with that alot! i have seen the debates and i honestely do not like Oboma or the republicand (that includes Ron Paul) but all polotions are crupt in some way or another. look at Oboma's commericial (i ran around my here in PA). he said that he is not like the other canadates becasue he does not take money from major oil companies. well thats true but if you look at all the facts NONE OF THEM DO! it had been illeagle for something like 150 ~ 200 year for a canadite to take money fro an Oil company. so he bends the truth just like anyone would. if you look in my school the juniors are holding they first elction for senior persident. well me and 2 of the canadate are standing at the door before class and i said look val your going to win anyway becasause of your boob (there like 36dd) she started laguing and now they other guy is saying that she said that and is bending the truth.

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 11 May, 2008  Reply with quote

Well, I wouldn't really go after Obama because of his name, that's a little ridiculous. Anyways though, I do have a problem with him. Mainly with the fact that he's getting a free pass by the media, in that for a long period of time they weren't even reporting the connection between Obama and Wright and his hateful views. As already said, any other candidate does this, and they would be out of the candidacy instantly. His ties with Wright really have me worried that someone that hates America will actually become the President. I find this somewhat unsettling. If he hates America, will he rule in the best interest of America?

I'm more of a McCain guy myself. I think that the fact that Obama is inexperienced is a little scary as well. He proposes massive tax hikes, which will probably damage the economy. He wants to rework NAFTA, which would mean us Canadians get screwed over in the deal. I'm thinking McCain, mainly because he is experienced, and so would likely do a better job than an inexperienced, charismatic person as Obama is. If I had to choose any Democrat, I would choose Hilary, mainly because she has more experience, has Bill to help her out, and has an economic plan that would be less damaging to the economy than Obama's.

Lizard King
Lone Wolf
Dream Deity
LD count: 20

Once people realize that both sides play for the same team, things will change. Until then, keep getting further pacified, sheeple. Why do you think the media drowned out Ron Paul? Because the media gets told who is to win the election, and they do essentially a season of American Idol, but with the candidates for Presidency. Now, Ron Paul was going to bring change that the big boys don't want, and so since the media basically made it seem like he was gonna lose anyway, and stopped paying attention to him, the entire country figured it wasn't worth the time to support him. If there was no large scale media, Ron Paul would likely destroy all the other candidates when it comes to votes.

"Politics is the entertainment branch of industry" -Frank Zappa

bullet25 wrote:
i disigree with that alot! i have seen the debates and i honestely do not like Oboma or the republicand (that includes Ron Paul) but all polotions are crupt in some way or another. look at Oboma's commericial (i ran around my here in PA). he said that he is not like the other canadates becasue he does not take money from major oil companies. well thats true but if you look at all the facts NONE OF THEM DO! it had been illeagle for something like 150 ~ 200 year for a canadite to take money fro an Oil company. so he bends the truth just like anyone would. if you look in my school the juniors are holding they first elction for senior persident. well me and 2 of the canadate are standing at the door before class and i said look val your going to win anyway becasause of your boob (there like 36dd) she started laguing and now they other guy is saying that she said that and is bending the truth.

Thanks for backing me up, but it's kind of hard for anybody to take you seriously when you type like that.

Wyrmfell, unable to go into detail at the moment so I'll address your post in full in about an hour or so.

Wyrmfell
For Now, I Am
Astral Explorer
LD count: >100

NewReality wrote:

Thanks for backing me up, but it's kind of hard for anybody to take you seriously when you type like that.

Wyrmfell, unable to go into detail at the moment so I'll address your post in full in about an hour or so.

Just for the record, I don't want to get into a debate, as odds are we're not going to convince each other and just end up creating an argument which you can find on every other forum out there. You're entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. When you think about it, it's absolutely impossible to tell who will make a good president until they're elected, and even then many people still criticize their actions. There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and it's really up to whether you think their good points outweigh their bad.

bullet25
Somniologist
Somniologist

Amused Himself to Death wrote:
If he hates America, will he rule in the best interest of America?

He proposes massive tax hikes, which will probably damage the economy.

first oboma doesent hate maerica write does but hvaeing been in his church for 20 yery i dont know if he relly does love america

second the tax hike is not what you think it is. there is this tax that when rased makes anyone making over 200k/year pay more and anyone making under 75k/year pay less it is the same tax that durring bill's presisendcy was rasied and we had 3 years of supurls. (the government takes in more money then it spends) so its a good tax rasie in other words

PostPosted: Mon 12 May, 2008  Reply with quote

Wyrmfell wrote:
Actually, Obama explicitly refuses to take donations from corporate and government lobbyists. Every penny used in his campaign came from individual citizens, in the largest grassroots fundraiser ever.

On the page of his website where you can donate, you have to check a box stating the following:
Quote:
1. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.
2. I am at least 16 years old.
3. This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization or national bank.
4. This contribution is not made from the funds of a political action committee.
5. This contribution is not made from the treasury of an entity or person who is a federal contractor.
6. This contribution is not made from the funds of an individual registered as a federal lobbyist or a foreign agent, or an entity that is a federally registered lobbying firm or foreign agent.
7. The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.

Sorry for the extra day long wait.

To everything you just said, great! So for the moment, he can appear to be squeaky clean until he's elected.

Does it really mean nothing to you that the man who's running for president won't respect the national anthem?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zpjWAzqAwcw

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 12 May, 2008  Reply with quote

I find that youtube video amusing, because Obama is talking about how he'll have good connections to his Muslim buds. But...Obama is an apostate from Islam, and even here in the west, for instance in the UK, a poll was taken, and even there 37% of Muslims call for execution for apostasy. Apostasy is even worse than murder in the Islamic world, so yeah, Obama would be seen as worse than Bush in their eyes.

print