7 hour long sleep paralysis

Hey guys. Just had an experience last night for the first time ever and it was like nothing that I’ve ever had before. If I have more time in the week I’ll finally update that DJ I started on a couple of months ago, but for now I’m still trying to figure out how in the world this happened.

I went to bed at about 7pm and woke up with sleep paralysis at about 1am (facing my clock radio, could always see the time). I usually get SP say a couple of times a month at most, but this is the first time in my life that it has happened in the middle of the night. Instead of the usual short meeting with a hag, some demonic figure, the mario brothers or the teletubbies, it was only a voice that told me that I’m in a game and had to win if I ever wanted to wake up. He then forced upon me a clearly visible ‘lucidity meter’ as I imagined it, which floated in my room. It looked like a word which I can’t remember, made out of clouds. I had a very short amount of time to power it up by kind of sending my brain into overdrive (hard to explain), and the word would then begin flashing to various levels. After a certain amount of time, the voice told me the level of completeness to which I would have powered up… and here comes the strange part… he gave me instructions and sent me straight into a lucid dream to attempt to do what he says. Depending on how well I powered up the word, the chances of me completing this task would vary. To put a long story short, every time I failed one of his tasks, I woke back up in sleep paralysis (and I’m SURE that this whole thing was not 1 huge dream), he gave me pain to various parts of my body and forced me to try a different task.

Now the weird part is, for more than a decade I have been in complete control of my lucid dreams, I could do whatever I wanted and everything would go my way. This time, absolutely nothing did! I remember one of my tasks was to steal the neighbour’s cat. I completed the cloud metre on about a 40% scale. I was sent back into a dream state into the very spot I was in my bed during SP, and I flew out the window to get to the neighbours house. When I arrived, the cat was sitting in the grass. When I came over to it, it turned into a humungous monster and killed me. Instead of waking up from a death dream like I usually do, I went right back into sleep paralysis with the cloud metre hanging over my head and the voice telling me that I failed. Then the cycle repeated itself until it became very light outside at about 8am and I was finally about to break out of it. I didn’t end up passing any of the tasks. I also want to note that everything was so intense that I woke up with my bed completely soaked with persperation and I lost about 2 kilos over that night.

I can clearly remember about 7 of the tasks, and a lot of other fine detail, but I’ll save that for the DJ. I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out what in the world just happened. I’m not professor in theories (I still don’t know the difference between all the different types of lucid dreams), but what happened was one of the most weirdest experiences in my life and I’m still in shock.

There are 2 possible explinations that I can think of:

1. It was all a big, elaborate dream made up by your subconcience. If this was the case you should of tried to wake up and when you get back to SP use all of your strength to try to move.

2. Some kind of crazy ghost that likes cats randomly decided to give you a very strange dream.

I have but one comment on this matter:
I’d LOVE to look inside your brain!

There are atleast two similar logical possibilities to what happened:

1. You dreamt that you are not able to control your dreams and that some wierd voice controls you. You failed the tasks simply because it was a ND.

2. You had a vocal Hag, (Hags are something you fear from) who made you believe you have to pass its tasks in order to be able to move (Consider being very tired when waking in the middle of the night, and therfore not fully realising it was a Hag). You failed the tasks because you were afraid you will fail. Those dreams might have been NDs or LDs.

Either way, you are afraid of losing your dream powers. A fear which hhas no base - since you are a Lucid Dreamer.

I don’t know what to say… You spent a hell of a night there! My theory is that you really had SP and dreams from 1am to 7am but not continually. There probably were times during which you were dreaming normally.
Maybe you’re stressed these days or lack sleep.
Have you enjoyed this experience?

God Bless you!

I’m 100% sure it wasn’t all 1 big elaborate dream because I followed the clock throughout every SP and time flowed smoothly throughout the night. TwilightDreamer may have hit the nail on the head with the fact that I may be scared of losing my dream powers, but more specifically my ‘lucid dream’ powers. Since I’ve done more research on it and noticed some people struggling, it may have put a bit of doubt into my subconscious.

Either way, this happened a day after having about 30 minutes of sleep and a hangover the night before, so I’m sure that contributed a great deal to it happening. But I certainly enjoyed this experience (and have I’ll have to try it more often lol. I still haven’t won the game and I plan to do so!!).

This explains that :wink: