print ShareShare 

Movie thread Part III

Page 1 of 10Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author  Message 

Movie thread Part III
PostPosted: Mon 06 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

<mod>The links to previous parts of the movie thread are <Part I><Part II <mod>

Lord of War..wow!!!
Omg has anyone seen the move Lord of War with Nicholas Cage?!!?!? what a freakin rediculously awesome movie. Exploits Our leaders, and in general humanity's hipocrisy and the idea that eveil is an everlasting flow. But since, we all have our own "flows" that are subjectively evel to someone out there, tehre is no such thing as eveil, only human nature. There are many other amazing themes and the movie just pwns in genral!!

well anyways, i just watched it, and it is immediatley one of my favorite movies! go see it!!!!

rad
Dream Deity

"Stay"
PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

My sister rented Stay the other night since she's crazy about the lead man (Ewan McGregor), and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it since it deals with dreaming/appeareance v.s. reality/life and death. Its a psychological thriller but you won't find any chainsaw weilding maniacs and killers, insead it's a really trippy and sometimes weird to the point of disturbing. I liked it since I find movies that keep your mind guessing appealing. I'd recommend it to people who have a keen eye and an open mind, but I don't think everyone would like it. How did you like it (if you watched it)?

JL4236
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Today I bought the Back to the Future trilogy box set. It's been years since I've seen any of the films. I just got done watching the first one and it is still as great as I remember it. I'm sure you are all familiar with the plot, so I don't need to go into it. I think I'm going to watch the second one tonight. Good memories smile

JL4236
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Lost Highway is one of my all time favourite movies. I am a huge David Lynch fan. I agree that there is no single answer to the film, as Lynch has said many times that he wants the viewer to walk away with an experience individual to them. However, here is my theory. I should warn anyone who hasn't seen it that the rest of this message contains spoilers

----

Bear in mind that this is only a rough theory, but after reading various interviews with Lynch, he very cryptically mentions "psychogenic fugue" when asked about Lost Highway, but doesn't really elaborate. Psychogenic fugue happens as a result of selective amnesia, where a person will remember certain occurences of a traumatic situation, but not the specific parts which make it so. Psychogenic fugue, which results in addition to this is where a person creates an entirely new life for themselves in their head. My theory is that Bill Pullman's character really did kill his wife, and the scenes of Pullman in the prison are real. However I think that the rest of the film simply takes place inside Pullman's head and represents him trying to escape the trauma of killing his wife (after he presumably found out she was cheating on him) by creating these new memories/identities for himself.

end spoilers

<mod>this post previously bumped a 4 year old topic ( http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4748#4748 ), so to avoid this comment disappearing again I merged it into the official movie topic moogle </mod>

NecroGS
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 12 May, 2006  Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Anyone seen them? I've seen evil dead 1, and army of darkness, but not evil dead 2 or army of darkness 2. I wanna see them badly. Bruce Campbell is the coolest guy ever. Anyone else like these movies??

<mod>added quote from old thread, inorder to transfer to the movie thread moogle </mod>
I've seen all three of them. What I see in those movies is the concept of randomness. Whenever I watch Army of Darkness, I was think of this word: "Chaos" Seriously ...seriously.

Another thing I like about these movies is they make fun of good vs. evil and righteous morality of so many other movies. Ash, the hero, never really seems to think of the "evil dead" as "evil", he justs is so tormented (in a awe-filled way) of all the crazy and chaotic forces of energy coming at him and around him, that he wants to get away from it (though I do think he finds it fun sometimes to destroy the madness).

I like those movies because of the chaos of movement. At points the subject of the scene is one place, it goes to another, over and over, the camera panning facilitates that feeling of chaos.

(I know I'm repeating myself...but Chaos dude...seriously spinning

ferks
Pink Robot
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 23 May, 2006  Reply with quote

JL4236 wrote:
Lost Highway is one of my all time favourite movies. I am a huge David Lynch fan. I agree that there is no single answer to the film, as Lynch has said many times that he wants the viewer to walk away with an experience individual to them. However, here is my theory. I should warn anyone who hasn't seen it that the rest of this message contains

how did you find a copy of lost highway?

Ive been trying to see it for a while, but there are no copies to be found, ebay might, but Ive never tried using them.

Im a huge fan of Lynch's other movies, Mulholland Dr., Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, but a copy of Lost Highway just eludes my grasp...saddly

NecroGS wrote:
Whenever I watch Army of Darkness, I was think of this word: "Chaos"

strange, whenever I think of Army of Darkness I think of "Boomstick"

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

I cant wait to see "Lady in the water"
PostPosted: Sat 01 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I cant wait to see "Lady in the water"
Ive waited for this movie all year. From the looks of the preview it should be pretty good.

<mod>merged into movie thread and title added to post</mod>

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

iono, i personally dont think it looks that great according to the preview. But M Night Shamalan (however u spell his name) Rox, so we will have to see.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

I just saw the preview for "A scanner darkly"
PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

<mod>Merged from I just saw the preview for "A scanner darkly" oh maan</mod>

It looks like it will be pretty good, it has the same animation as "Waking life". It opens this Friday.

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Omg, i want to see that so freaking bad!!

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

Re: I just saw the preview for "A scanner darkly"
PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Area51 wrote:

It looks like it will be pretty good, it has the same animation as "Waking life". It opens this Friday.

What's it going to be about?

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Quote:
Area51 wrote:

What's it going to be about?

summary: Bob Arctor is a dealer of the lethally addictive drug Substance D. Fred is the police agent assigned to tail and eventually bust him. To do so, he has taken on the identity of a drug dealer named Bob Arctor. And since Substance D-which Arctor takes in enormous doses-gradually splits the user's brain into two distinct, combative entities, Fred doesn't realize he's actually just narcing on himself.

Its more or less the animation and art that will be the most impressive ^^

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

It sounds like a neat story. I'd love to go see it smile

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.