How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

Page 3 of 13Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Author  Message 
zora_kid
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Thu 01 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

i dont know about my first LD, it was strange i just knew i was in a dream. there was nothing out of the ordinary even happening. whatsthat

Download
SomethingLoad
cookie lover
Download has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: D:

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

Waterbender0321 wrote:
i dont know about my first LD, it was strange i just knew i was in a dream. there was nothing out of the ordinary even happening. whatsthat

Exactly the same here... I was eight years old at the time... I just thought, "This is going to be a nightmare!"
After that, I looked up LDs, and found RCs... since then, I've been climbing LD-wise! I had like... 5 just last month!

Current LD goal(s): Erm... have one.
The Rev
I am Origin
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

I don't remember where I first heard about the LD phenomenon, but when I got interested enough to learn about it, I read Stephen LeBerge's book, and followed his instructions (Dream Journal, reality checks, etc.) and they worked quite well. I was having LDs fairly quickly (within 3-6 months, I would guess).

At first, I had these "OMG!" moments where I realized I was dreaming by checking a digital clock or whatever. After awhile though, I became lucid more or less automatically.

Rayyn
LD count: quite a few

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

I'm new to this site, but relatively, not new to LD.

I remember having them ever since i was little. It'd usually be because someone was chasing me and i'd fly up into the air. And i'd realise, it's a dream!, and i'd force myself to wake up. Lol, i had no idea back then, that i could change the dream. I just knew that since it was a dream, i could get out of it.

And i'd have them every now and then. But i'd like to learn how to induce them. lol.

TheDogDays
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
TheDogDays has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

Been lucid dreaming as long as I can remember... before I even knew what they were called. I don't remember my first LD, but I remember my first flying dream, and the two probably happened around each other sometime, because now I use flying as a dream sign.

Entheoman
Seeker of Wisdom
Lucid Initiate
LD count: About 15

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

I had LDs for years, but rarely until I read a castaneda book "the art of dreaming". After that, I started recording my dreams every morning on a digital voice recorder (They are awesome for this...) and ever since, I have had about 10 in the last 3 months. Very cool.

Entheoman
Seeker of Wisdom
Lucid Initiate
LD count: About 15

Theres a book called "creative dreaming" that as a beginner I found awesome as well. Lays out all the basics.

isandur
I'm lost
Somniologist
LD count: 18

Me too I found about it in Castaneda's books but I didnt knew it was called Lding, later on I found out from the internet.

Current LD goal(s): sing, grow a seed
sykcase
Cogito, ergo sum
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Indeed

Hah, I learned from this site believe it or not.
Learned the techniques but didn't use them much, let it come naturally.
I'm sure I have had many LD before I knew of the term tho wink

thebotanist
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

me and my friends found out about these supplements that would help us sleep better i did some research and found out about lucid dreaming
from then on i've been recording my dreams and going/triing to lucid

CheeseBitsss

PostPosted: Fri 13 Feb, 2009  Reply with quote

I already had LDs before I knew about them...but I had to develop a few strategies before I could have loads more.

Vegetableman

PostPosted: Wed 25 Feb, 2009  Reply with quote

Before the internet had much to say about Lucid dreaming I read Castaneda's the art of dreaming. I'm glad i found a site that somewhat validates what I have been trying to do and understand. If you haven't done it keep trying its attainable.

pixie
LD count: I have 100+

PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009  Reply with quote

This fella I know years ago used to visit me by doing it. It made me research the whole thing and I started doing it and after a week, I pulled it off. Been doing them for 10 years now.

Wild Night
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul, 2009  Reply with quote

I had them naturally, but very rarely as a kid. When I was about 12 I did some research and discovered the MILD technique. I didn't really put much into it at first, and as a result didn't get any dreams. Now I keep a dream journal and use mild and wild.

ZRVera
Alien Violinist
Dream Deity
ZRVera has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Not counting.

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jul, 2009  Reply with quote

I had a few more when I was little, and they came about from randomly realizing in the dream, "Oh, I'm dreaming!" I may have known about LDing in general before I had them; I can't remember. Most or all of them have been low-level, since I'd try something lucidly then I'd slip out of it as I let things unfold on their own. I recall several times that I'd try to fly, and either I couldn't get very high, or I'd run into a ceiling. (I found myself in my basement in the dream once.) My last low-level lucidity dreams were mostly creepy dreams in which I said, "At least this is only a dream, since I won't have to worry about this in reality." I had more when I kept my dream journal for a while, but I got lazy after a while, so last night I started it again in hopes of getting more. ^^

Page 3 of 13Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

print   ShareShare