The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

Page 11 of 13Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Author  Message 
LDbc12
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LDbc12 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 185

PostPosted: Sat 28 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

I've always wanted to be able to control my dreams... but I never knew I could do it so directly, while actually inside the dream... So after a quick google search of "how to control your dreams" I found out about lucid dreaming on Wikihow. This, of course lead to more in depth google searching and I found dreamviews and ld4all. I also found Stephen LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming (online), and had my first few LD's.

tomvan

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

google also helped me :D

LD count: 4+

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

I had seen the amazing film Waking Life, and one night in my dream flipped a light switch just like he does in the movie - I did a reality check in a dream without even knowing what one was yet! Thats how I became lucid the first time, and since then have been studying any literature/video I can get my hands on.

vortexae
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

My first LD was before I even knew what they were, or that they were a thing. I was maybe seven, eight, something like that. I dreamed I was with my Dad, we were in something that was either a bank or a dry-cleaner's, I was waiting and waiting and waiting for him to get done, I was bored. And I knew I was dreaming. And I was bored. So I tried to wake up in order to get out of the boring, boring dream. I couldn't figure out how, though. I tried opening my eyes really wide, in hopes that would cause my body's eyes to open, but it didn't. I just had to wait the dream out.

Sometime in high school I found out lucid dreaming and astral projection as things you might actually try to do--don't recall whether it was first through books or first through online communities (I had a Prodigy account in I think 1992, there was an OBE discussion group somehow categorized under "Books") and I remembered that dream, and I thought, "Jeez! Wasted opportunity!"

I wouldn't say I've "learned" to LD. Every time I have one, it's always random, and almost never triggered by anything in the dream. It's pretty much always, "Hey, you know what? This is a dream!" But they have certainly happened more frequently since I decided I wanted to have them and began paying special attention to them when they showed up.

vortexae
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

totheheadwiththeworld wrote:
I had seen the amazing film Waking Life...

Oh, hooray, someone else who saw that movie! High five! It was fantastic and also a little creepy. Between its animation style and its surreality, it's sort of mixed up in my head with A Scanner Darkly though.

sierramist

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

the first time i realized lucid dreaming was actually a thing was when i was in 2nd grade girl scouts and we were supposed to draw a picture of a dream. i proceeded to tell my leaders how i can control my dreams, and they told me i was lying. some years later someone told me the name of this phenomena.

lucid dreaming has always came fairly naturally to me, so its eye opening to stumble upon this site and see people working for it and wanting to accomplish it.

LD count: whenever

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014  Reply with quote

i would be lucid in dreams frequently throughout my life. I didnt know there was a name for it at the time. When i was about 18 or so this kid was reading a book and talking about it and I took a look at the book. It talked about a technique where you count backward in your head from 10 to 1 then forward from 1 to ten while visualizing the numbers as you go. I tried it and it worked. ever since then i can go off into dreamland whenever the time is right

Current LD goal(s): more control when i try to fly
Lucid_lukegorman
LD count: 4

Dream recall
PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2014  Reply with quote

[i]im having problmes with recall ,about a month a go i was fillings pages in my journal but now i struggle to fill a page and when i do its only every second night

can anyone help me out with some tips ? siiw [/i][/list]

Current LD goal(s): Lightsaber the shit out of things and talk to the sub conscious
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Re: Dream recall
PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2014  Reply with quote

Lucid_lukegorman wrote:
im having problmes with recall ,about a month a go i was fillings pages in my journal but now i struggle to fill a page and when i do its only every second night

can anyone help me out with some tips ? siiw
[/list]

Check out Improving Dream Recall. There is also the big remembering dreams topic in the stuff forum.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Bom
Lucid Panda
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 65

PostPosted: Mon 21 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Well, after typing "controlling dreams" on google and finding out websites, I spend days reading about it, if not weeks. I said that I should really try it and I did. I started to do RCs, being more aware of stuff, writing down dreams and what starters do to get a lucid. After like 3 months I think of no success I give up. In like a week from that I get my first LD and I got extremely excited then I joined all kind of forums and then I got persistent with it. It's been like a year and a month now since I started LDing and with 57 lucids, I say I'm doing quite good. Considering that I do nothing to get them.. just writing dreams down. I should really really start doing ADA or something... jesus.

Current LD goal(s): Spawn Sunny and Dani
Drakeyfox
LD4all official fox
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 108

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2014  Reply with quote

I was 13 years old when I first started to LD. I'm 20 now. Wow, that's a really long time o3o
I think I first found out from lucidipedia (can't remember if the website was up or not when I was 13)

nattsy
natural 100+ld
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

The only dreams I remember up to the age of about 17 is seeing my head with a thought bubble next to it with a picture of a butcher with a meat cleaver. And at about age 18 I dreamt I was in a room with 4 doors and people peering in though the doors looking at me will a record player in the middle of the room was playing my favourite tune. It was almost on the point of recognizing it was a dream. I could hear my self in my mind saying . God listen to that .and wondering why.....later on in my life that wondering why thought progressed into knowing why " it's a dream that's why" And that's how I started lucid dreaming or I call it waking up in my dreams. Or just knowing... The is history yet to fully unfold,,,,,,,, the strange thing about it is that it's true..if someone could tell me it's a load of rubbish , it would be lot easier to understand,,

Current LD goal(s): as they come
drd
a drd
Somniologist
drd has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 134

I first learned about LDs when I was 21. I stumbled upon DV, read about LDs, and some of the techniques used to to obtain them. It turns out that I had been having LDs for years (not frequently), I just didn't know what what they were. After about a week of doing RCs and keeping a DJ I started having frequent LDs.

Current LD goal(s): Ride teh Smokeyz

Last edited by drd on Sun 22 Jun, 2014; edited 1 time in total
nattsy
natural 100+ld
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 100+

I Cant imagine been anyone else??? Try it

Current LD goal(s): as they come

exploring the world of lucid dream
PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

I learned to lucid dream by following the techniques outlined in Stephen Laberge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming.

Page 11 of 13Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

print   ShareShare