EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

How much do you plan your (lucid) dreams?

Author  Message 
Ondoira
Dream-friend
Novice dreamer
LD count: just enough

How much do you plan your (lucid) dreams?
PostPosted: Tue 24 Dec, 2019  Reply with quote

Just what the title says! To what extent are your lucid dreams planned and/or improvised? Which do you prefer? Do you think planning dreams is important or useful or suits your style of dreaming more or less?

For me, I could say it's a healthy balance between the two. In general I really like improv a lot more, it makes me feel like I'm more part of the adventure rather than the director of a static script where the excitement just wears off. Improv FTW! But on the other hand without planning I'd never be able to set up big dreams or come up with really awesome things to do, I'd just be stuck doing the same simple fun things perpetually when the dream world has endless possibilities.

That's me... but I'm curious about you! smile How's your attitude to planning vs. improvising lucid dreams?

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
EllyEve
This is not an apple
Dream Deity
EllyEve has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 20+

PostPosted: Sat 01 Feb, 2020  Reply with quote

I try to keep a "to-do list" in mind, or a priority list like...if I so happen to become lucid tonight, the first thing I want to do is (fill in the blank).

But I need to be at a certain "level" of lucidity to even remember the top of the to-do list. So, there being improvisation getting to that state, there ought to also be improvisation with sustaining or adjusting for when I'm in that state.

The one that's worked best for me was WBTB combined with WILD. Making a new dream from scratch is too much effort to fall asleep again, so I take what my unconscious gives me and work with that.

goldenfish9

PostPosted: Sat 01 Feb, 2020  Reply with quote

I try to plan it all the day, but I end up forgetting about it and finding other things to do...

print