EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Different personalitys.

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
Different personalitys.
PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

I seem to have a strange state of mind.
At day I act and think quite a different way than at night. I don't think it's of me being tired, because I like the person I am at night more than the one I am at day.
I'm allways me but at night, I seem to be less affected by a small mental disoder I have.
It's Asbergers, unless its the disorder old people have that makes them forgetful.. I seem to confuse these two quite often wink .
Anyone else here like me?


back to top
tkrulewich
Mr. Dr. Professor
Somniologist
28
Posts: 183
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Last Visit: 21 Aug 2010
LD count: 5
Location: In my own little world
 
PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Its called "aspergers" not "asbergers". Just pointing that out because I thought I saw you spell it that way in an earlier post. I have aspergers, and I can't say that I have noticed different personalities. I do act different when I am talking to my geek friends online and when I'm talking to people at school, but I think thats just that I don't act like myself at school, because I don't want to get made fun of. Maybe you are acting differently during the day because you aren't comfortable enough with the people around you to act like yourself.

back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Ah yes, I make some mistakes in writing sometimes smile .
I don't like changing who I am just so some idiot at school would like me, or anywhere else for that matter, if they don't like me, an intelligent person would just keep away (because if I don't like somebody I don't try to become friends with him/her), not make fun of the ways I am different than they are.

I think the reason I feel better at night is because I feel more comfortable when there is not too much light and at night there really is not much light out there.
Just was curious if someone else feels changes in personality at some times without changing it intentionally.


back to top
TwilightDreamer
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Posts: 821
Joined: 19 May 2007
Last Visit: 18 Jun 2015
 
PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Does it happen at nights only? What if you shut the lights off? What if you are alone for a period of time? Perhaps it IS because you are tired?

I believe it connects to the fact you are alone, like tkrulewich said, but you should test it to see when it happens to you, and wether you can intenionally cause it to happen.

One more thing: It sounds as if you are more confident at night than at day. This may be caused by being at home for a few hours/being with close friends, with light or without it. Check that option as well.


back to top
Tundra
Wolf of The Dawn
Dream Deity
Tundra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
26
Posts: 974
Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Last Visit: 07 Dec 2012
Location: Finding my feet.
 
PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

I doubt this has to do with your condition. I think it happens to everyone. Even if it's unintentional, we all act differently in certain circumstances.

For example, I sometimes swear when I'm with my friends, but I would NEVER dare cuss near an adult, because I respect them in a different way than I do my friends.

I act differently online than I do in 'real' life, I seem more bubbly and cheerful and I tend to make more/less sense because I type exactly what is in my head the moment it appears.

In 'real' life, I am awkward and clumsy, which I cannot help, and I come across differently. I do not to it to impress others, but it is a natural thing we cannot help. It's pretty much the same with everyone I know... Just my thoughts.


back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Well, when there others around, I feel.. cant remember the right word, but I'm allways on my guard, that's propably of my paranoia and the fact that you can't REALLY trust any human I even mistrust my mother, not even the boody pope, hwo may not be so pure himself.
My paranoia IS geting better though, two years ago, I used to make plans all the time, If this orthat person should become agressive towards me.
Usually the plan was to use something as a weapon against him/her, like a chair or a bottle.
Now it seems a bit silly, but funny.
That paranoia has been helpful aswell actually, once it happend that I was walking on a street and saw a guy that seemdup to no good,so I went around him and later I saw on the TV that the same guy tryed to robb a shop with a ather big knife.
I wouldn't want to anger him without a pistol of some kind in my hand, pointed at him smile .
Aspergers isn't sutch a bad thing either, though it makes it difficult to talk to people and a bit clumsy, but thats not important now.

Ooh, it IS only at night, lights on or off doeas not matter, I've tryed. It was pretty annoying sitting in the dark for a half-hour, and the paranoyia didn't make it any easyer ^^ .


back to top
Stricken
Somniologist
Somniologist
28
Posts: 101
Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 30 Sep 2010
LD count: Dozens.
 
PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

I get something like this too, I'm much more productive at night than during the day. I'm generally in a much better mood and as opposed to the day where i have to force myself to do anything that sounds even remotely like work, I always find time to start projects or think up some new idea at night. I wonder if there's actually a reason for it, I always thought I was the only person like this. Maybe we're just nocturnal.

back to top
TwilightDreamer
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Posts: 821
Joined: 19 May 2007
Last Visit: 18 Jun 2015
 
PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Hell, stricken, you are seventeen! New projects? What are you doing in your free time?

Back on topic. Aks, it is an interesting condition indeed. I believe I have something similar, but not with day and night, but with society and without society, as was suggested (I have been whole days with and without company). Unlike you, though, I like myself better at days.

What Tundra described is a bit different, I believe, cause it speaks of very specific aspects of your personality, and not all of it at once. Plus, the Online example sounds like the outcome of being without company, ("At Night") while still talking to someone (Which gets nearly contradictry)


back to top
soulconsole
Somniologist
Somniologist
27
Posts: 248
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Last Visit: 02 Jul 2010
LD count: 15
Location: USA
 
PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

well... i guess no one can really be themselves around those they dont know. i dont really know what ur condition buti guess everyone feels little changes in them when they are by themselves b/c they know who they are and what they want. ... am not evn sure if this realtes to what ur talking... lol

back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Stricken wrote:
Maybe we're just nocturnal.

Yes, it's a possibility smile .

Last night, though, I noticed that I am also more emotional at nights.. thats a negative sign for me, I like the way my emotions are usually a bit "underdeveloped" wink .
And about that being different near strangers.. I still prefer to be myself at all times. Friends are supposed to be people who like you for who you really are, not for what you pretend to be. Being different of you're real self so someone would like you is lying and lyes usually are not very nice things, they hurt someone in some way, always.(I usually don't care what others feel so thats a clear sign that I'm more emotional than usual, but it'll go away eventually ^^ )

...This is the last time I stay up 24h, or untill I get over this getting-emotional-thing-that-won't-go-away-for-a-pret ty-long-time thumbs down.


back to top
tkrulewich
Mr. Dr. Professor
Somniologist
28
Posts: 183
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Last Visit: 21 Aug 2010
LD count: 5
Location: In my own little world
 
PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Well I never try to be friends with everyone, but I'd rather they didn't laugh at me or talk about me when they think I'm not paying attention. Currently that does not happen, but thats because I try to act normal in public or when talking to people I don't know. I do act like a big nerd at school sometimes smile... just depends on who I am talking with and how comfortable I am with them. So, If I am friends with a person, I will be myself. My point is that I dont act different to be liked, but to avoid being disliked. Not that I really care if they dislike me privately, but I don't want to get into the situation of being publicly made fun of.

back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

tkrulewich wrote:
Well I never try to be friends with everyone, but I'd rather they didn't laugh at me or talk about me when they think I'm not paying attention. Currently that does not happen, but thats because I try to act normal in public or when talking to people I don't know. I do act like a big nerd at school sometimes smile... just depends on who I am talking with and how comfortable I am with them. So, If I am friends with a person, I will be myself. My point is that I dont act different to be liked, but to avoid being disliked. Not that I really care if they dislike me privately, but I don't want to get into the situation of being publicly made fun of.

I understand that noone likes to be made fun of but still, I think one should be himself/herself at all times. Agression against those who are different is a sign of singlemindidness and is something that one should not want to have, but some people just are unpoilite and have the need to destroy everything they can't understand. One day though, I belive they will get burned doing this, burned very badly, so badly that they'd have to cut off the part of them that is on fire.
Sometimes war is necessary for everlasting peace(Yes, sounds silly, Couldn't put it better).
In other words destroy those who can not live in peace with others.
I hope it's not too confusing to read this stuff.. shy2


back to top
tkrulewich
Mr. Dr. Professor
Somniologist
28
Posts: 183
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Last Visit: 21 Aug 2010
LD count: 5
Location: In my own little world
 
PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Aks wrote:

In other words destroy those who can not live in peace with others.


So I should go crazy and attack people like that? :D jk


back to top
Phi_guy
Assistant Pig Keeper
Astral Explorer
27
Posts: 493
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Last Visit: 16 Dec 2009
LD count: 4
 
PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

If there are too many people nearby, I tight all over, thoughts come slowly, it's like I'm suffocating. By myself or with those I trust, words occasionally flow freely enough that I say something stupid.

back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

tkrulewich wrote:
Aks wrote:

In other words destroy those who can not live in peace with others.

So I should go crazy and attack people like that? :D jk


...Not exactly, that's something for the case if nothing else helps, it's better just to say something like that:"Go away now and I won't start tormenting you by repeatedly hanging you by you're neck, I'd advise you to not speak to people who don't like you and go back to those who do like you. Have a nice day!"
Nice words go a long way usually ^^ .

Lleu wrote:
If there are too many people nearby, I tight all over, thoughts come slowly, it's like I'm suffocating. By myself or with those I trust, words occasionally flow freely enough that I say something stupid.

That's probably because you think others expect you to act a specific way, but you don't know what that is, so you say something that seems right at the moment.
What do you think, could I be right?


back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~