just an idea

everyone knows how all those scientisty people say we use up to and sometimes less than 10% of our brains…learning to be lucid and building up your dream recall have to affect that number somehow. if we only use 10%, does anyone else think that it would make sense that if we used enough of the brain that we might actually BE able to do some of that stuff while not dreaming? cuz i mean the same thing that makes dreams controls our body and…why put ideas like that in our minds if they’re not possible? i dunno how to explain it really. arguments ALWAYS seem better and more point oriented in your head.

Interesting thoughts :smile:

…wouldn’t that be great?..unfortunatly in my opinion that could never be possible - our minds are creative - they can come up with no end of ideas…and lucid dreaming is a great outlet for those ideas. I think that when they say stuff like “you’re only using 10% of your brain’s potential…” they mean trainable thought power. I doubt they mean that the other 90% is used to alter the laws of nature.

…but interesting thoughts none the less…

Hey I’ve asked the same question. You might find it it’s on some post somewhere in here. I do believe in making your brain stronger(or useing more of it). I mean if you can learn to do other things whats holding you back right.

the laws of nature weren’t written by gods or anything close, they were written by people exactly like us…sure they were lots smarter than us and probly used a little more than 10 percent, but nevertheless they’re only laws…people break laws everyday…

A while ago ive seen a dicovery programm just about that.Its true indeed that we`re using about 10-12% of our brains.More isnt possibile according do engineers.(now i have slight english problem) engineers who work on “selfdriven mechanisms”(im not sure if thats proper translation- its about things mechanically complicated,when u count their capacities and possibilities)
Anyways -they say its impossibile to use more than 15% of such a construction or it would autodestruct.It has a physical limitations as a mechanism itself.Just simple maths and phisics.
take care

well how would anyone be 100% sure unless they’ve tried? i’ve never ever heard of anyone who’s gotten to smart and their head has blown up…

No no…its mechanics.They built models to tell their abilities.Like for example the bridge- engineers can tell how much weight it can hold and so on.Same thing goes for machines.They count connections,speeds,possibilities.
So they built brain model and did all the counting basing on maths and phisics rules.
Im sorry im having problems explaining it right,i hope you got what i mean.

Let me just add that most respected scientists reject the idea that we only use 10% of our brains. Here’s an article about this myth:

csicop.org/si/9903/ten-percent-myth.html

both of your posts contradict each other. one of you says that we use 10-12%, but using more would “kill” us. the other says that we already use the full potential. which of you is the correct one? if we already use all of its potential…then why can we forget things? how do we keep learning things? i’m not trying to be rude or anything…these things just puzzle me.

I belive it’s possible. Look at all the things they said was impossible, but later on we did it. Science is just a thing that humans made up. There is so much we don’t know, and so much that we never will. Also look at cave men and us now. think of how much of our brain we used then. With this just think where we will be in the future. So the more evolution grows so will our minds.

Thank you dreamwalker, at least someone has an open mind about it besides me

I didn’t say I believe the scientific opinion on this matter, that we already use our full potential. I’m simply saying that the majority of scientists believe that the “10% story” is a myth and that they have good evidence for this at-first-sight.
Personally I don’t know what to believe. Actually it doesn’t really interests me which opinion holds more truth than the other. What matters to me is my own subjective personal experience. On this matter, I try not to follow people who say it HAS to be this explanation, or this one. I simply look at my own experiences.
If, at some day, I’ll have a absolutely mindblowing experience that could change my life, I’ll form my own conclusions. Nobody else has to translate that experience in my place.

understood understood, but i’m not saying it HAS to be one way or the other either. the whole thread is entitled just an idea. I don’t expect you to buy it, it was just something i started thinking about one day and posted, no offense intended mystic

Lol sorry if I sounded a bit… (what’s the term?) That wasn’t my intention :grin:

lol it’s cool :content:

if i would take a guess most of that 90% is our subconsiosness (or how its spelled) we can acces some of it when awake, but more when we are asleep. thats why we can get more info out of dreamcharacters then we already know…or we can hear music we never heard and so on.
so the question is ofcourse, how to acces this info during we are awake? going into trance, meditation? i dont know…

That sounds sensible to me…i’m guessing trance would be the easiest way to access the subconscious

ok i dont know if i missed somthing here but how do we know what using 100% ofour brains is like. i mean how whouldthey know if we were using all our brain power any way. it is easy to see if a car is using all its power, just push the acc. but then the car gives in. no fule. could we do this to a human? i think not. for one it is unethical nad two, in my opion impossible. humans stop when they think theyare at their limit but really they are no hwere near it. “we can go further after we say we cant than we know”.

People have had this dussicion so muh and i just dont see how they can say, this is the humans max brain power. ever one is diffrent so it isnt fair.

You probably mean…Ooh, what was it? On the tip of my toungue… Self-assembled systems. Yeah. Anyway, the whole 10% thing - I’m sure that’s bullshit (we are allowed to swear in here, aren’t we?). Our conscious minds take up 10% of the brain maybe, but we’re still using the rest. I think 90% of the brain is water or something, so maybe that’s how it started. I don’t know.

Slightly more on-topic - I think lucid dreaming (and all things similar) expand your conscious mind, or at least help you realize what’s going on in your subconscious.

water, um i dont think so, if it were when we are walking around wouldnt we hear it :content:

Richard