Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

T.V. In LD's

Author  Message 
subsayk
LD count: about 10

T.V. In LD's
PostPosted: Fri 08 May, 2009  Reply with quote

Hey I signed up in like 2006 and have recently gotten into lucid dreaming and stuff again.

Anyways anyone turned on a TV in a lucid dream and if yes what came on? Next time I have one im gonna do that and turn to the 'future' channel or something like that and see if I can veiw the future.

kalyan
rebooting the matrix
Lucid Initiate
Scribes
LD count: 500

i once saw a weird place in LD TV. as i kept watching it, i entered that location. the transition may affect your lucidity

Dryalantha
Skyclad Dreamer
Astral Explorer
Dryalantha has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 200+

I've seen a TV in one of my first LD's and it didn't work... it made some weird sound and the screen was broken (blurry snow).
Laptops sometimes have the same problem..Ohw and cellphones too. (without the snow lol, they just don't work)

Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: Nightly

PostPosted: Sat 09 May, 2009  Reply with quote

I don't often dream of TV's. I do remember this dream of a TV with some kind of video game being played. I decided to enter the video game. That was fun. siiw
Yeah, so aside from viewing interesting things in them, I think they'd make good portals.

Valerys
Keeper of the Light
Lucid Initiate
LD count: you mean NDs?

I once saw a TV in a supermarket. I knew it was a dream so no one would stop me from watching a full HD 1080p LCD lach1 I remember there was an extremely funny TV Show and I really enjoyed it. The best thing is that, somehow, I saw the full 50min of this show.
PS: This show does not exist IRL, I've searched the name of it and some of the characters over the internet with no results. I do not actually enjoy getting through portals to a new world using this kind of portals, usually I just close my eyes and get myself where I want to.
Now I'm waiting for the second episode woo

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

TV in dreams generally is always weird. I can't really think of any good examples, not even from lucid dreaming. I just remember one time the same thing was on all channels. Though I've noticed a tendency for the shows to get a bit... adult, in NDs. In LDs I can have trouble working the set, but I should realize there is no need to actually change channels. You can just think it and the subject changes, which explains my earlier observation.

I have played with the thought of just sitting and watching TV in a LD, and tried it too, but I got distracted. Though, I am not very good at staying asleep, so I hesitate to sit and watch TV when there is so much more active stuff to do. If I had lots of time in the dream I would try to just hang out and watch TV, eating all kinds of good things and drinking soda like it's going out of style.

It's fun to try to follow a story that is being "written" as you go along. I remember this from a ND when I thought it made no sense. I think.

Harrison123

PostPosted: Wed 27 May, 2009  Reply with quote

Valerys wrote:
I once saw a TV in a supermarket. I knew it was a dream so no one would stop me from watching a full HD 1080p LCD lach1 I remember there was an extremely funny TV Show and I really enjoyed it. The best thing is that, somehow, I saw the full 50min of this show.
PS: This show does not exist IRL, I've searched the name of it and some of the characters over the internet with no results. I do not actually enjoy getting through portals to a new world using this kind of portals, usually I just close my eyes and get myself where I want to.
Now I'm waiting for the second episode woo

Out of intrest what was the show called and about?

Vampirism45
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Vampirism45 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 32

Commercials 24/7
PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009  Reply with quote

I remember turning on a TV in a lucid dream before. I found that all it showed were weird and random commercials, such as a commercial with the guy from the credit card debt commercials, who was driving a racecar around eek2

Current LD goal(s): Have an LD lasting 10 minutes by August 8th
subsayk

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I had an LD today, and I came across a T.V. in it. There was a clown standing on a porch, and the screen was sort of staticy, it had kind of an eerie effect. Then I said "show me the future" and pushed the change channel button, but it just went back to the thing with the clown.

SweeterDreams
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

subsayk wrote:
I had an LD today, and I came across a T.V. in it. There was a clown standing on a porch, and the screen was sort of staticy, it had kind of an eerie effect. Then I said "show me the future" and pushed the change channel button, but it just went back to the thing with the clown.

That's creepy!!! I hope that doesn't happen to me. Were you scared with the clown?

subsayk

Quote:

That's creepy!!! I hope that doesn't happen to me. Were you scared with the clown?

I didn't realy get scared by it. Maybe if it starting coming out of the TV or interacted with me somehow. I just got bored and moved on to something else.

[edit] I just had another LD today during a brief nap and again saw a tv in it, this time it was just playing some commercial for I don't remeber what. I think it just went to another commercial when I tried chaning the channel.

print