EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Lucid dreaming used to "unlock" abilitys

Author  Message 
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Sat 18 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

by sharing explicitly your understandings with the community our evolution is furthered,

this is what the shaman by any other name does, he speaks freely knowing that some will understand

Velocity (jpka159)
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: not enough

Eyelids, you are the most motivational, positive person I have ever seen. You are my new hero, ok?

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

Awww, okay !
wiske wiske wiske wiske wiske wiske wiske wiske wiske

Watch me bend a spoon with my bare hands!!!!!!!!!
grrr grrr grrr grrr * bends spoon! * grrr grrr grrr grrr

but I do want to know what this user discovered!

Velocity (jpka159)
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: not enough

Yes yes, I do too. I think it could actually be something important eek2

Lucidmobsir
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Just a taste.

PostPosted: Sat 02 May, 2009  Reply with quote

I also think that it is very possible, and when i get to the point where LD'ing is no problem for me (im staying optimistic grin ) then why not try and practice real life things in your LD's and see if you can become better at whatever you practice in your LD's.

Wond3rland
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 22

Follow me on this...
PostPosted: Sat 02 May, 2009  Reply with quote

Please try to follow, forgive the "un-relatable-genius" writing this.

*WE CAN ALREADY DO SOMETHING SPECIAL. LOOK AT THE SPECTRUM: UTTER CONTROL IN "DREAM-LAND" VERSES THE GUY WHO DOESN'T THINK HE DREAMS EVERY NIGHT.*

First of all, I want to go ahead and state my favorite and most logicial induction tehcnique, while we are talking about abilities. I don't recall who posted it first <mod>Dust Mote</mod>, but it has been a tremendous help if my journey... LUCID LIVING. It holds the greates success/fale ratio, holds keys to waking life, and above all else gives purpose to both existences... END

Second point; GOD. Two choices... Intelligent Design (i.e. GOD) or Randomness (i.e. Dice). Enough Said... END

Now to what we are really letting on to. Techniques, abilities, gifts, special talents, "mutant" powers, all that cool stuff. It just so happen I saw that new X-Men movie last night. Not my favorite from the 4, but okay. Anyway, I was successful last night. Lucid Dream was amazing. Long story short, I spent most of it in my friends car testing my 5 senses. Touching the leather steering wheel was amazingly real. I remember licking my lips and swallowing trying to taste. Above all really was my eye sight, explained away by what I assume to be the more valuable use of sight in waking life. Sounds we're insignificant, atleast in recollection. Flying was more difficult that it ever has been, I just remembered to look at an object in the sky and imagine it coming closer, my usual technique... proved difficult, oh well. There was a superman figure in my dream last night. We we're either at battle, or on same sides, dunno? That's how big flying is in my dreams.

So what abilities can we unlock?

Specifically?

Are you talking in waking-life... like flight, telekinesis, walking through walls and such... or more photographic memory, time perceptual changes, creating emotions to say one could "beat" depression. I think we can do abilities that don't inter fear with other's realities. More perceptual differences, rather than me shooting fire balls.

We all already know for roughly 1/3 of our life (before you jump into time bending) we sleep, on average. We have utter control, control that does yes take getting use to. But I think unlocking the human mind should be everybody's first intention and utmost priority if you hold the gift of Lucidity.

*WE CAN ALREADY DO SOMETHING SPECIAL. LOOK AT THE SPECTRUM: UTTER CONTROL IN "DREAM-LAND" VERSES THE GUY WHO DOESN'T THINK HE DREAMS EVERY NIGHT.*

Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: Nightly

PostPosted: Thu 07 May, 2009  Reply with quote

You can definitely unlock abilities. That's how I got my perfect pitch. I'll make a tutorial when I'm not bogged down by school work.
I'm still interested in photographic memory. Need to read more about it. Then I'll try to figure out a way to obtain this too.

Miss_Sophie_Adalaign
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 10 May, 2009  Reply with quote

I guess so. If you use your time wisely in a lucid dream. My friend used to talk about lucid dreaming like if you mastered it you would be a god among men as far as mental prowess is concerned. In reality lucid dreaming just offers to more time. You still have to put in the work to reach your goals, even if the work you put in is entirely in your head. You aren't going to increase your mental abilities just because you happen to be goofing off in a dream. I hate when I hear people talk about lucid dreaming and just screwing around, then later on I hear the same people talking about all the things they'd like to master, like astral projection and things like that.

Probably_on_pcp
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 14 May, 2009  Reply with quote

I learned how to do the moonwalk in a normal (very vivid) dream smile

Before that dream I never had a clue about how to do the moonwalk.

In the dream I could feel every cell in my body doing the moonwalk. The next morning I tested my new knowledge and yep, since that moment I know how to do the moonwalk. I've never really tried to do it or read about it, but suddenly after this dream I had this new skill smile

Probably_on_pcp
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 14 May, 2009  Reply with quote

Wyvern wrote:
You can definitely unlock abilities. That's how I got my perfect pitch. I'll make a tutorial when I'm not bogged down by school work.
I'm still interested in photographic memory. Need to read more about it. Then I'll try to figure out a way to obtain this too.

Try living in the now. You need to stop identifying yourself with your ego. You need to be able to stop your thoughts. From there on you can take mental snapshots of things and relearn your ability to memorize photographically.

Chimps have a very good photographic memory, probably because they don't have this ongoing chatter in their mind all day.

If your interested in stopping the identification with your ego (or enlightenment) the power of now is a good book to read. It adds another dimension to consciousness. Being in the now as the observer of the ego and not the ego itself, that will give you a feeling of being one with everything, just like the feeling we experience in dreams. When you're in the now and your ego is gone, then you can experience timelessness, just like in your dreams.

deLusi0N67

PostPosted: Wed 20 May, 2009  Reply with quote

My friend told me about lucid dreaming, i had heard about it before but only vaguely on the internet when researching out of body experiences; anyway while he was teaching me what he knew about it and about a reality check he uses, he told me that in his lucid dreams he'd roll like 20 blunts in order to become good at rolling, and he is very good at it now. he said its because of that.

print