Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: not enough

PostPosted: Mon 20 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

Ooooh I had my first too! Great software! A+++

AngelZlayer
LD count: 0

PostPosted: Sun 31 May, 2009  Reply with quote

Is masturbation really as bad for dream recall as the software says?
I'm willing to make a sacrafice, but I'm not running for Jesus neutral

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 31 May, 2009  Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure how to confirm whether or not masturbation can affect dream recall. I've done minor expriments on my own with several people, but could not conclude whether or not the results were the way they were due to placebo (such as thinking it would improve made it improve). Regardless, I wrote what I did in the software because regardless, masturbation might lead to a loss of dream recall. Take it out of the equation and you don't have to run that extra risk. It's of course up to you in the end.

AngelZlayer
LD count: 0

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

How important is every step? This morning I was supposed to listen to one of the mp3 files before going back to sleep, but I fell asleep before I even got out of bed.
Should I just continue with the program, or do I have to start over?

Also, Day 8 says that the BWGEN is included in the project's folder, but I can only find Infinity and its readme.

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

Just try your best and keep going, no need to start over (unless you just don't do anything, hah).

If you look on the first post in the downloads section, you'll see "The Goods *required*". Download that and it'll give you the files required.

LDLax
^ he's hawt!
Somniologist
LDLax has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

the Lucid Remix is wonderful

atomsk
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: None yet

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

Ok, so here's the thing:

On Wednesday, I'm not going to be near this computer, so I won't be able to do the program. I'm starting it for the first time after I wake up (EST; I think it'll get confusing to start it at 2am). Could I type out/write down what I have to do for the next few days, but not do them until then, and put the mp3 files on my iPod? Or is it important to be surprised of each step and not know what I'm supposed to do until that day?

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I'm probably too late for this response, but I'll post it up anyway. It's fine if you know what later days hold for you (otherwise you wouldn't be able to reuse the program). So, it's perfectly fine for you to do such a thing smile

atomsk
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: None yet

Alright, just making sure that it doesn't interfere with the thought process or anything.
And you're not too late. Turns out that I'm staying on for another week.
Thanks for the info :D

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

Heh well good luck to you! Sorry for the delay grin

Bones
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Bones has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

Is this a different version than from a few months ago?
I must have downloaded this and Paradiso a year or so ago, is it updated at all?

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

No. The only reason for a new thread was to give links to a new server and just start over (the other thread had almost 20 pages, lol).

Jake Kobrin
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer
LD count: 12

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I somehow didn't wake up from my alarm clock and therefore unintentionally skipped day 6. Should I repeat that process before moving on to day 7? Also can you further describe the hand technique? I don't entirely understand it. Should the lights be on and I am therefore looking at my hands?

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

While it wouldn't be too much of an issue to move on to Day 7, if you have the endurance, I'd go for doing Day 6 again.

As for the Hand Technique, yes, you literally have the lights on during the initial part of the technique. Once you focus on your hands while repeating your mantra for several minutes, you can then turn the lights out and gently start to fall asleep while still visualizing your hands.

If it helps, I've copied and pasted what is in the Lucid Dreaming Digibook. For the most part, it's the same as what's described in Infinity.

The Lucid Dreaming Digibook wrote:
1)Before going to sleep at night, spare yourself about 10 minutes. Sit on your bed and bring out both of your hands, and place them in front of your face.

2)Concentrate hard on your hands. While concentrating, repeat the following in your head [or out loud if that helps you], “The next time I am dreaming, I will see my hands, and I will realize that I am dreaming.” Say this over and over for about 10 minutes.

3)If you find yourself getting off track, just keep going back to that phrase.

4)Your eyelids will start to drop and you will get tired as the time progresses.

5)After 10 minutes [Or until you're about to fall asleep], turn off whatever light you have (better if it's a lamp next to you) and get in to your sleeping position.

6)Repeat that phrase while visualizing again through your head until you drift away in to sleep.

7)[OPTIONAL] Wake up at about 5 hours after you fall asleep, and repeat steps 2 through 6.

When you are dreaming, hopefully sometime in there, you will spontaneously look at your hands, and they will be deformed in some way [13 Fingers on a hand]. Once you see them, you will then find out that you are dreaming!

Vaknar
LD count: 1 - Naturally

Was I nearing WILDness?

Following the Infinity guide, I was onto stage two, looking at my hands imagining, then visualizing. After visualizing for a good half hour, I felt my toes go incredibly numb and I was EXTREMELY heavy. Accidently moved and cancelled it, but if I continued, would I enter a LD through WILD?

print