EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

Pain in LDs?

Author  Message 
Vampirism45
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Vampirism45 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 32

Pain in LDs?
PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

Has anyone here ever experienced physical pain in LDs? If so, how realistic was it? I have heard that you are not supposed to feel pain in dreams, yet there seems to be a lot of people (including me) who feel pain in their dreams. I have felt the pain of being scorched in a fire in an LD (not that painful or realistic) and the burn of my legs while running inside an LD.

Current LD goal(s): Have an LD lasting 10 minutes by August 8th
BlueAndWhite
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BlueAndWhite has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds!

PostPosted: Sun 14 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I do, but when you wake up you realise you acted (in the dream) like it hurt alot more than it actually did.
Like the night before last i had a dream a cut my wrist with a knife (sorry TMI?), and in the dream i felt a stinging and went "ow!" aloud, yet when i woke up and recalled the dream, the pain was pretty insignificant compared to what it probably should have been.

Hope this helped smile

Download
SomethingLoad
cookie lover
Download has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: D:

I have felt pain, but what I thought was pain in an LD was a far different feeling... like being itchy or something. I never feel the same pain as I would IRL. Sometimes I don't even feel pain like the dream I was bludgeoned until dead...

Current LD goal(s): Erm... have one.
Tundra
Wolf of The Dawn
Dream Deity
Tundra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I get pain in LD's and normal dreams all the time. It doesn't really bother me, because even if something is 'very' painful (which it rarely is), it often passes very quickly. The only pain that's lasted has been a dull, insignificant pain, so it never bothers me at all.

The only dream I can recall when pain was ever a problem was a nightmare I used to get when I was a little girl. Loads of monks (lach2) kept throwing knifes at my ankles, and I used to have to jump them otherwise I'd get a blade wedged in my foot, that used to REALLY hurt, and for a long time. Weird dream, nasty pain. XD

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I crawled through a broken window and the shards of glass kind of hurt. It wasnt realistic, too weak, and went away quickly. Also it didn't bother me at all. I was actually pleased that it was there, because it's more realistic than no pain at all.

Dakota
LD count: Too many. o_o

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I had a dream that I slipped and hit my head on some wood. I woke up, and I had a bruise on my head. No, I was on my bed, without any hard objects nearby.

Essa
A Wandering Soul
Astral Explorer
Essa has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: a few...

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

This reminded me of the dream I had a few days ago. I fell or something and my hand hit sharp rocks and when I pulled my hand up it was scratched, bleeding and hurting like a son of a gun. I remember waking up and first thing I did was check to see if my hand was ok. It was very real feeling.

dreamminx
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I've felt pain in LDs, self inflicted some times, just to see if I would feel pain and if it would feel real. It never feels real. It's always weak and more of an annoyance than anything. Having said that I'll probably have some freaky pain laden dream tonight. scared

Lord Antares
Limitless
cookie lover
Lord Antares has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

It is possible to feel pain in lucid dreams, and dreams alltogether, but the pain isn't the same as the pain IRL.It's always much weaker than IRL, and well...Sometimes just falling on your back in dreams hurts more than being burned.

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 19.augus

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

Things that are painful irl are usually also painful in a dream for me. The pain is different, it doesn't have the same emotional effect as pain irl. I can look at an injury and know it is painful, but it doesn't really reach my consciousness, and it feels like i am just supposed to act in pain.

One exception is extreme cold. That has never hurt in my dreams. It is a quite strong dreamsign. siiw

Current LD goal(s): To bring back art or a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Valerys
Keeper of the Light
Lucid Initiate
LD count: you mean NDs?

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

Well, I feel pain pain usually just like IRL, with the exceptions that in my dreams I can heal my wounds very quickly. For example, last night a tiger bited my hand. My hand started shaking, it was full of blood, I could also see somke of my bones, and it was really painful, but I don't think it lasted more than 2 seconds before it got back to normal because I knew it was fake.

Selport
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Wed 05 Aug, 2009  Reply with quote

BlueAndWhite wrote:
I do, but when you wake up you realise you acted (in the dream) like it hurt alot more than it actually did.
Like the night before last i had a dream a cut my wrist with a knife (sorry TMI?), and in the dream i felt a stinging and went "ow!" aloud, yet when i woke up and recalled the dream, the pain was pretty insignificant compared to what it probably should have been.

Hope this helped smile

I dunno, i had a dream where I was impaled and it sure did hurt.... I had actual pain the remainder of the day as well. Or maybe I just had a heart attack or something and it transistioned into my dreams, who knows. eek2

Muffles
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: A bunch

I've never felt pain in an LD. Last night I fell around 30 feet and landed flat on my back on highway pavement, which would've certainly killed me IRL, and felt no pain, and was also shot several times with an assault rifle and didn't even feel the bullets hit(There was enough blood to know I had definitely been shot though)

Magic Qwan
Obsessed Dreamer
Somniologist
Magic Qwan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 34-36

Well, I feel pain in ND all the time... however, once I become lucid, although my other senses become more vivid, my sense of touch becomes almost insensible... (I only feel things in ND, LD has almost no touch, exept if I'm touching something I'm really interested in, then I feel it a little...)

P90X
Leader of nothing,
Astral Explorer
P90X has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug, 2009  Reply with quote

I feel minor pain, like when paddling (which i do in real life(racing, not rec)) I feel the burn in my muscles, but it is not nearly as bad as IRL and, if it's a lucid dream you can just make it go away.

print