Trouble with WILD

I know this is the toughest to do since you are trying to go straight from being awake and only your body and what not fall alseep.

But I have been trying this method for a little over a month now I relax my body and slow my breathing and keep still and repeat “I will have a lucid dream” in my head and really believe it.

I have had two times that it felt like it started to work. I fell my body get numb a lot after a bit but I dont know if its from just laying there awhile without moving or what. So after awhile I do a reality check but im not dreaming. But the first time i thought i was close I asked in my head “Im ready, take me into my lucid dream” and I felt this zooming sensation like I was being pulled somewhere but all I saw was black (since my eyes were closed) then I got too excited and opened my eyes and it was gone. The second time I didnt get the zooming sensation but inside my head it felt really weird…my body felt numb so i did a RC while keeping my eyes closed and moving slowly but i was still awake…But haven’t had any success at all and havent had those two feelings since. I seem to not be able to get into the dream world while im saying stuff in my head. I lay there for close to an hour and still am awake.

The reason I dont try other methods is because i dont go to sleep until 4am so i cant really get up in the middle of my sleep since im trying to get as much rest as i can for work.

Any suggestions or anyone experiencing the same thing?

The trouble is that you are probably losing valuable sleeping time through trying to do WILD. You can do MILD on first going to bed too and it doesn’t keep you awake as long. Also just waking up for a short period really improves the chance of becoming lucid. FILD is a good method too … since it only takes less than a minute to do whenever you are really tired.