Yet another WILD thread (!)

Hey guys!
So, after much frustration but also alot of progress, I decided to reach out and try to get the help I need to get that final push towards my first real WILD experience.
I decided that I will list what I do when I attempt WILD to see if there are any misstakes that I should correct, or something I should improve on. Since I have been practicing trying to successfully WILD for over 3 months now, I decided to try and get some help. Im looking for helpful advice from people who had some kind of success with WILD, but hints and tips from others are welcome aswell. :smile:

So to begin with, this is probably going to be an awfully long post, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.

What I do when I want to have a WILD:

1. I go to sleep and sleep for about 5-6 hours.
  2. An alarm wakes me up.
  3. I usually visit the bathroom or drink some water before going back to bed.
  4. I lie down comfortably and start relaxing, not really thinking about anything special.
  5. After quite some time I feel myself starting to fall asleep, I then start counting very slowly from 1 up against 100-200.
  6. Most of the time I hit SP. ( Atleast I THINK it is SP ) Usually starting at my feet, I get a tingling sensation, and then it feels like my whole body is slowly being tightly wrapped in plastic. I now lie and keep counting while staying relaxed, waiting for “the plastic” to reach my whole body".
  7. This is were I always get stuck. The tingling sensation never fully takes over, I can feel it across (almost) my whole body, and I keep relaxing and waiting for it to take over even more, but it never does. Sometimes I get the feeling of vertigo for a split second, but that is the only thing that happens, I dont see any HI or hear any sound. And I know that I can still move, even though I feel the SP, its never strong enough to keep me from moving If I want to.

So basicaly, im looking for some constructive advice for what my next step could be, I badly want to cross the border and have a full WILD experience, but it feels like there is something Im missing. :meh: Sorry for the wall of text, would appreciate some help. :smile:

// Kris

I think you might be thinking too much when you are trying to WILD, just keep focusing on counting and then it will be eaiser to relax. If you still find it hard then take a deep breath, exhale out, and relax you whole body. Eventually you will feel yourself either sink into the bed or levitate above the bed, then you will be in your dream body

That might be the case. Im just a bit scared that if I lose too much focus I will fall asleep normally. I’ll give it another try this morning, thanks for your advice mate. :smile:

that’s what always messes me up, the thinking, or I just fall asleep. You seem to be doing everything right. It’s going to take practice. Do this every night with Mild also, and hopefully you’ll have an LD by the end of the week.

Are you moving your eyes too much? This may sound weird, but that is your body’s best way of knowing your mind is awake. You can look at Lucidology 101 if you need help on tricking your body into falling asleep.

When you do that, you will at least get some (mostly very vivid) hypnagogic imagery. The feeling of entering a WILD is, for me at least, very unforgettable. It feels like you’re getting sucked right into the dream, which is an amazing experience! It isn’t called WILD for no reason!

However, so far so good. You seem to be doing most of the steps right. It usually takes just a few tweaks to clear up those stumbling blocks.

Also, you might need to find the balance between too focused and too unfocused. If you’re too focused on your HI, you will see it disappear (it happened to me a lot of times before). If you’re not focused enough, you’ll slip into a normal, regular dream.

This is just my problem too. They only one time I’ve had a successful WILD I didn’t get the tingling sensations, I just did an RC and was in a dream, with no apparent transition.

Hmm, about the eyes. That could be one problem. Sometimes I get the feeling that I look at a certain direction without no obvious reason. Allthough im never quite sure if I move my eyes or not. :meh: I’ll keep trying!

I have a problem with WILD too. I only get to the part where I’m numb. And I count for so long up to 200. :sad:
I think what legendary said might be true, I always move my eyes to search for the HI. Tonight I’m going to try again :content:

May I just clearify something here? :tongue: Sleep Paralysis is Not a step in WILD. Most of the times you don’t even notice it. Remember that Sleep Paralysis occurs When you’re dreaming, not before. That tingling or heavy sensation is simply a result of your body relaxing. Focus less on your body and more on your mind and the HI.

Aznkelly- Remember WILD doesn’t work unless you’ve already woken up from a previous dream.

Okay, thanks MovieMe :content:

I find that I can only WILD if I focus only on HI. If I count or concentrate on my breathing, the WILD always fails. Try skipping the counting and focus only on the HI. Try not to interact with it though. Simply watch the HI as if it were a movie.