EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

Yoga Thread

Author  Message 
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

Yoga Thread
PostPosted: Sun 01 Nov, 2009  Reply with quote

we used to have one, my searches didn't find this, so you may definitely merge this with one if you know of it, mods

i wanted to share some really useful things i've found :
http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm
first is a wonderful book on Kundalini yoga , it has some great breathing techniques and is very scientific towards the practice

http://www.sahej.com/Sodarshan.html
then this breathing teaching Sodarshan chakra kriya is so powerful !

any yoga will produce greater peace joy and power and happiness, its very good!

tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2009  Reply with quote

Such useful guides, PoL! I'm definitely try to cram Sodarshan chakra kriya into my daily meditation routine ;D

Current LD goal(s): Healing
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2009  Reply with quote

:D I did the bhastrika breathing with a citrine near me and i didn't realize why i had such incredibly powerful energy ,

for a while! the crystals like this kind of breath work!
bhastrika is absolute perfection for if you are meditating and falling asleep, and you want to have clarity and be awake. it makes my whole body tingle and helps me focus on the top of the head!
i did tons of sodarshan kriyas today, i don't know what they did, at first it felt like they worked super well, then i didn't notice as much as i did the other day,
the left nostril makes you feel so smooth when you are inhaling through it, that it balances out the fire of doing intense abdominal pumping.

i also love the occasional head stand, my beagle was fascinated by it smile

PostPosted: Sat 07 Nov, 2009  Reply with quote

http://www.dlshq.org/download/pranayama.htm
!
Quote:
Today, for quick travel, the material world presents us the Railway, Steamers, Aeroplanes and so forth, but the Yogins claim that by Yogic culture the weight of the body can be so reduced that it can fly over the space to any distance in an instant. They can prepare a magic ointment, which when applied to the soles of the feet, gives them power to traverse any distance on earth within a very short time. By the practice of Khechari Mudra, by applying the elongated tongue to the posterior nasal openings they can fly in the air. By keeping a magic pill in their mouth they can also move in space to any place in the twinkling of an eye. When we are anxious to know the welfare of our own relations in a distant or foreign land, we take recourse to writing letters sending ordinary or urgent cables. But the Yogins claim that they can, by meditation (Dyana), know anything that happens in other parts of the world by a projection of the mind or by mentally travelling the distance which is only a matter of few seconds. Yogi Lahiri, whose Samadhi is still in Varanasi, travelled to London to see the state of health of his superior’s wife. For hearing a friend at a long distance the material world presents us with telephones and wireless receivers, but the Yogins claim that through their Yogic power, they can hear anything, from any distance, even the voices of God and other invisible beings in the firmament. Today when a man is suffering from a disease the material world presents us with doctors, medicines, injections and so forth, but the Yogins claim that by a mere glance or by simple touch or by recitation of Mantras, not only the diseases can be cured but also life can be given to a dead man.

Dazino
Present every moment
Astral Explorer
LD count: Often

Thanks a bunch for posting these! They look fascinating; I'll bury myself in them this afternoon. ^^

Sivanandas words are very inspiring and very technical,

I did a lot of the bhastrika breathing today and yesterday and can comfortably retain my breath for a minute sometimes a minute and a half or 1 : 15

which is ....... getting closer to the three hours of suspended breathing necessary for levitation ! :D

Dazino
Present every moment
Astral Explorer
LD count: Often

Wow, so many Eastern esoteric terms! It's a little too hard to read for me; I'll learn about kundalini from other sources.

I think the Sodarshan Chakra Kriya Meditation seems worth trying out, but I'm quite skeptical about all the amazing feats they promise you'll be able to do with extended practice.

ah no need to be skeptical, how can someone write so much about this if not for having experienced it ? where did yoga come from ?

like say for hip hop, there is some brilliant mind bending lyrics from geniuses, and there is not, yoga can take you as far as your master has attained, and you can tell immediately by their teachings what their attainment is !

i would recommend to skim through the second book I posted on breathing, while bypassing the words that do not make sense, as it describes the science of unviersal energy flow very well, even the first few paragraphs.

Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

I'll need to get reading...when i feel like reading. wink5 But there are some real goldmines in here.

Selen

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec, 2009  Reply with quote

oh.pranayama.dangerous practice as well-not quite sure if you mentioned that bit?
anyway, Presence of Light, how's it working for you? Mystical ecstasy is out of this world isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec, 2009  Reply with quote

I do yoga on practically daily basis, and I've been acquainted with it for a number of years. It's done wonders for me. It seriously helped to correct my scoliosis, and I've changed my practice to help with my shoulder that I'm having troubles with. It's great for reducing stress and keeping your energy levels up. I could go on and on. I would suggest yoga to anyone.

But just as a side note, if you've never previously practiced yoga, don't start on your own. Take a class with a certified instructor that can make sure you're doing your postures right, make sure you're breathing correctly, etc... that way you avoid injury.

PostPosted: Sat 05 Dec, 2009  Reply with quote

Selen wrote:
oh.pranayama.dangerous practice as well-not quite sure if you mentioned that bit?
anyway, Presence of Light, how's it working for you? Mystical ecstasy is out of this world isn't it?

hey hook me up with that, you're right it is,
i've not done this enough to be there, its a huge discipline, although have had glimpses and tastes,
maybe 2-3 hours of intense pranayama (or mantra!), not dangerous, no.

i'm gonna say almost what crow said, but certification is not mandatory to know what you are doing, some systems of learning from a teacher are informal and don't yield papers ,

it is very simple to learn yoga, and once you do can be done on your own, but it is helpful to go to classes first.

Spec (gone)
Spiritual Researcher
Lucid Initiate

Kriya (Kundalini) Yoga, among with Hatha Yoga practices (all in the realm of Tantra Yoga) are excellent for spiritual development.

One needs at some point expert advice from a developed being to advance rapidly.

It's not called the razor-edged path for nothing.

of course,

ahh i just did a headstand, they are lovely.

print