EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

Sharing Stories!

Would you like to join in?
Would you like to join in?
yes
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
no
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Kyri
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Kyri has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Four so far!

Sharing Stories!
PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

<mod>moved to playground, since it is similar to the RPG and continue the story topics in here. When it is ended the final story could be pasted together and posted in garden with a list of authors thumbs </mod>

Kyri just had the idea that she should start a sharing stories thread! When I was a little kid, my brother, my friends, and I would tell sharing stories and think they were the funnest thing in the world. They were just stupid and funny, and almost everyone of them included someone honking on a tuba (that used to seem really funny at the time.) And well... Kyri hasn't outgrown it, and thought it would be fun. ^^

I thought if anyone wasn't going to think I was stupid for this, it would be ld4all... So here are the rules:

1.) Keep it PG.

2.) Write however much you want, but it'd probably be good to write at least a sentence, and probably not too long.

3.) You can write as often as you want, but you can't write again right after yourself.

4.) If you're going to end a story, it would be preferable if you didn't just end the story abruptly if it was just starting to go somewhere. Write THE END at the end of the story.

5.) After one story is ended, whoever's next gets to start the new one.

6.) Stories are for entertainment purposes only. Don't be scared to post even if you don't consider yourself a writer. It's just for fun. grin2

So does anyone want to play? :D (I'm going to feel like a jerk if this doesn't work...)

Ang
Never Die
Dream Deity
LD count: 14

Sure, Kyri. I will struggle with the PG rating, but that is good. It will push my skills as a writer.

But by all means, I leave the opportunity to begin the story to any other member...

Kyri
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Okay, since I did make this thread... and I don't think anyone else will start, I guess I will. It's going to suck but whatever.

Once there was a man named Bob who lived in a dumpster. He rifled through garbage cans for his food, and spent most of his time roaming through the streets looking for trouble. It was when he was wandering the streets that one day he found...

Ang
Never Die
Dream Deity
LD count: 14

...a strange, metallic case, abandoned in the stillwaters of the gutter. Filthy fingers tracing the decorations of the alien box, a gloom swept over Bob in the hazy autumn sunrise. Back in the shady alleys...

moogle
To sleep perchance LD
Global Moderator
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: 46 LDs so far

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb, 2009  Reply with quote

.. a pair of red eyes watched him as his fingers rubbed the casing. Suddenly some smoke came out of the case and an enormous genie appeared. It loomed over Bob.

The genie said, "..

Current LD goal(s): perform 'magic' * visit hippo * ask DCs questions * shared dreaming with friends
Kyri
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb, 2009  Reply with quote

Bob, as you can probably guess, I'm a genie. I am obligated to give you three wishes now. So what will your first wish be? And make it good."

Bob didn't even need to take a second to think about what he wanted, or to question the genie. There had been one thing he had wanted for a long time, and wanted it bad.

"I wish for..."

moogle
To sleep perchance LD
Global Moderator
Chat Mods
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb, 2009  Reply with quote

... a good hot meal!"
A plate of hot food appeared before him. He ate it fast but then thought, 'I've wasted my first wish! I will have to be more careful now... he thought for some time and then..'

"I wish ...

Current LD goal(s): perform 'magic' * visit hippo * ask DCs questions * shared dreaming with friends
Yves
Frightened Butter
Astral Explorer

"...for a pair of pants whose pockets are always filled with gold coins!".

The genie did as he was commanded, enchanting Bob's pants with the power of neverendless supplies of small, gold coins. Bob was ecstatic; he could now fulfill his life as he meant it to be, not on the streets with nothing to his name.

However, he still had one more wish left...

Current LD goal(s): Stabilize a dream and explore it.
Kyri
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

"And lastly, I will wish for everyone to respect me, and no one will walk by me with disgust anymore!" Bob said, sure that he was making a good choice, and that the wish would never backfire.

However that was far from the case, and the next day...

Thith
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 12

PostPosted: Sun 15 Feb, 2009  Reply with quote

...as Bob was walking down the street all the homeless people in the city crowded around him saying "thank you Bob, thank you so much, you are so generous", Bob was flattered by the remarks and he continued to walk but they kept following him. He looked behind and noticed that gold coins had been spilling out of his pockets. He decided to...

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover
The Chroniclers

PostPosted: Sun 15 Feb, 2009  Reply with quote

pick them up. After all, they fell out of his pockets, so they must belong to him.

So Bob retraced his steps, picking up gold coins as he went, and stuffing them into his pockets. It wasn't until a few blocks later, when he reached into his pocket to examine one of these coins closely, that he realized something peculiar: his pockets were empty.

Bob glanced behind him. Sure enough, a trail of gold coins outlined his path.

Bob mused about this a moment, and decided...

moogle
To sleep perchance LD
Global Moderator
Chat Mods
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Thu 30 Aug, 2012  Reply with quote

... and decided to store the coins in the metallic case. He opened the case and dropped the gold into it. ouch! He smiled, surely the genie had enough powers to protect himself. Then there was a roaring noise..

Jessica
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 7

PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar, 2013  Reply with quote

A tandem on a motorcycle came racing past and Bob felt his pants being ripped right off his legs! "Thank you sir for your generosity!" the riders called out with glee, leaving Bob startled in his newly-bought clean white underwear. Lucky he had thought to buy a pair.

Bob sighed. There went his second wish. They had stopped working anyway, stupid genie. He looked down at what he had left: only three gold coins and an irritated genie (who could no longer grant him wishes) rubbing its head. He would have to make do with what he had...

Current LD goal(s): none
Wulf
Tawny wolf
Astral Explorer
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

so he decided to start on his hot meal. Sadly enough, it had grown cold by now and it was only barely edible. Bob let out a sigh and rubbed against the case one more time. The genie had tricked him and he would..

Gaila Thompson

PostPosted: Tue 09 Dec, 2014  Reply with quote

Off topic though. I enjoyed this kind of discussion. It gave me an idea on a new activity I should be giving my students that they will surely enjoy,

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare