Author  Message 
zymos94
Goose Chaser
Novice dreamer
LD count: 5 or so :D

Second Lucid, and some questions.
PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

Hi

I had my second lucid dream ever this morning. It wasn't anything special, it was short and pretty plain but it was still a lucid dream. One thing that really annoyed me was how I couldn't remember what to do once I was lucid. Which I guess brings me to my question:
1. is there anything you can do to make sure you remember what you want to fo and how to do it?
There are tons of things i'd like to do in a dream, but when I was lucid the only thing I could think of was a sword fight (which really isn't up there for what I want to do in my first couple of lucids), and my method of making it happen was closing my eyes and imagining it, and opening my eyes and hoping it would work. It didn't, I was still lucid after I opened my eyes but the frustration made the dream... sorta fall apart. Its hard to describe; I didn't see it fade or anything, it just sort of stopped being... relevant is the only word I can think of. So yeah is there anything you can do to help you remember what you want to do and how to do it?
Thanks in advance

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

Hmm, I used to have this problem too at my first LD's, but when I thought how the RCILD's worked I realised that once Im doing the RC I do it slowly and get the feeling. This also gives mee time to think what Ill do siiw

I hope this helps and good luck with the LD's :D

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
zymos94
Goose Chaser
Novice dreamer
LD count: 5 or so :D

PostPosted: Tue 02 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, il give it a try at some point. Whenever i next get the chance.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

I know a lot of people that will make a written list and read it every so often, that way when they dream they have the list memorized. Also, just like GHOSTIE11 said, relaxing helps a lot too. It's easy to get worried about everything you want to do when you first start out.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Colors
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: never enough!

you can make a list but I never remember mine in the LD. What was more effective was to read it each evening, and re-read dream journal notes, and also the dream journals of other members here.

With time, your brain get the habit of remembering things when you realise you are dreaming, you will maybe remember the forum, or what you put in your DJ. Then sometimes you will only remember the less important quests you wanted to achieve, but anyway it's a good thing. It also depend if you have a good memory of dreams.

Current LD goal(s): Meet a fictional character + Ask myself what my life goals are

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com Dream Journal / Full of Hope, a dream for each day
tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

A good way to get to remember a thing in a dream is, linking that thing to your dreams themselves.
The easiest way would be reading back your dreams in your DJ, being sure to remember all the details you can, then reading your list of objectives, try to see some details of you performing it as well, rinse and repeat. It should take not more than 4 or 5 tries to get the two connected enough for you to easily remember them the next time you are in a dream. smile

Current LD goal(s): Healing

print