EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Subconcious Information Generation (SIG)

Author  Message 
Spinny
Somniologist
Somniologist

Subconcious Information Generation (SIG)
PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2003  Reply with quote

I'm very curious about the subconcious mind's ability to generate or create information instantly, for instance within an LD. So I gave it a spiffy name and acronym, and now I wan't to run a few experiments on it. A lot of them will probably be difficult to perform, so they'll be for the LD veterans out there. Anway, here's what I wan't you to do:

In an LD, think of a topic. Anything will do. Then, create a piece of paper and will a song about that topic to appear there. Don't make it up; just will it to write itself. Then, read the song, remember it, and write it down when you wake up. It would be nice if you'd post it here, but if you don't want to, just give me the basic jist of it and tell me how good it was.

EDIT: Just removing a few typos.

dreamwalker
Ne Plus Ultra
Dream Deity

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try.

Jabbervock
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Sounds like a good Idea, I'll give it a try tonight, if I remember...

r3m0t
A head librarian
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

Pedro says in the mind-hacking post at Quest for Lucidity that the poem given was excellent.

The problem here is that your subconcious could start working on a poem or story right now as you're reading this, then when it comes to chosing a topic "at random" your subconcious will make you choose the one it had been practising!

Have you not considered that very fast and far exploration is or might be an example of SIG? We can't tell how much the area is planned, or how much of our "choices" are planned...

WaNnAbE
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

r3m0t wrote:
Pedro says in the mind-hacking post at Quest for Lucidity that the poem given was excellent.

The problem here is that your subconcious could start working on a poem or story right now as you're reading this, then when it comes to chosing a topic "at random" your subconcious will make you choose the one it had been practising!

Have you not considered that very fast and far exploration is or might be an example of SIG? We can't tell how much the area is planned, or how much of our "choices" are planned...

I'm pretty sure that everything in a dream is created spontaneously by your mind. I can't imagine that your subconscious would be organized enough to choose a subject in advance and write a poem on it. Also - I don't think it would need to.[/i]

r3m0t
A head librarian
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sat 31 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

But:

• You probably want the experiment to show an intelligent subconcious
  • Your subconcious tends to agree with you!
  • Your subconcious could sort all that out easily
  • Your subconcious might have actually done so!

There is actually a way to be sure - you wear those eye tracking goggles, then in an LD you request your topic by moving your eyes left-right-left-right...-left or something like that, then an audio plays IRL which gives you a topic.

Not that anybody in ld4all.com is likely to have an eye-tracker thingy and be bothered to do this neutral

Technodreamer
In mod disguise!
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sat 31 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

There is a way to talk to you sub-c in RL.

Get a peice of paper and draw a large cross. Get a coin or ring and attach it to a bit of string. Wave it along the upward line of the crosss and say "yes", and wave it along the horizontal cross and say "no. Do this several times. Now ask yourself a question you know the answer to, with the result as yes or no. Hold your hand as still as possible at the intersection of the two lines. Eventually your hand will smoving involuntry in one direction or the other. It usually goes diagonal or in circles if you ask it an impossible question.

Current LD goal(s): Remember dreams
waterstarrainbow
Finding the Loop
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 28 Oct, 2004  Reply with quote

This sounds like a dandy plan.

I shall make a mental note of this 8D

Placebo
LD Grandpa
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 10 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

Great idea - could be pretty interesting!
I've already proved for myself that the stuff that goes on in lucid dreams, happens at that point in time. I forget exactly how I did that tounge2

This could give some fascinating results though ^^

Jack
Dream Diety
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

Make the question "will i have ld tonight?"smile

philthemn
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 19 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

nothing happens instantly, your brain isnt made up of tachyons, capable of faster than light speed travel!
You mind still has to undergo the same physical processes to access/create this information.

Guru
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jan, 2005  Reply with quote

well things that happen instanly do... lachgroen
but than again,
Quote:
nothing happens instantly, your brain isnt made up of tachyons, capable of faster than light speed travel!
You mind still has to undergo the same physical processes to access/create this information.

is assuming the physical "brain" as opposed to the spiritual "mind"

N.B, Tachyons cannot move INSTANTLY...

Guru
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 03 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

man, this topic DIED! Does anyone have results, or are they all in the fruits?

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 19.augus

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

I had a dream a couple of nights ago, which was clearly inspired by this topic. I had to fill in a bit from what I could remember, to make the second verse stick together siiw

Quote:
I have inherited an apartment. There are several aquariums in it. In the basement, I find a small, red car. It has belonged to the previous owner of the apartment. The battery is flat. While it is recharging, I walk to the pet shop to look at some fish for the aquariums. The man in the shop put more fish in the bags then I pay for.

When I get back to the car, I find it is occupied by a young man. I then have a weird SRC dream, involving an IRL friend. I become lucid from it. Near the end, he just disappears! "Maybe it is impossible to go all the way using just the brain like this", I think. I give up, and watch the sky. The sun is setting. As the sky turns a deep red, a meteor shower rains down across the sky. "I would be scared if this happened in real life", I think. Everything turns dark.

I don't know if I woke up, or if the dream just continued.

-E and I are in a cafe. It looks a little like the dining car in a train. A woman and a young boy is sitting at the table besides us. The boy looks passive, and the woman looks sad. I wonder if the boy is sick? I wonder if she is a famous person, too. There is something I want to give her, and I look for her house when they have left. E tells me "This lucid dreaming is your thing. I will wait for you" Her comment makes me lucid again. I walk the very familiar way to the neighbourhood I lived in about 5 years ago, when I had the nightmarish job of looking after a violent child. A lot of amphoras and flower pots outside a house tells me that she is the person I am looking for. (?) I give something to her, but she seems either very shy or very tired.

I decide to pay my old employer a visit. At least, that was where I discovered what could be done in lucid dreams by reading on the internet. I remember the team name quest from Sealife too, and put my hand into the mailbox. There is a letter! I am very excited...but the letter only contains this song:

So this would be the day we go down singing
And singing all the way, I walk back home
I could see all that this day was bringing
I walk the rest of the way alone

To linger in the light would be so tempting
I find the best thing is to walk away
Soon, I would find the place gone dark and empty
And it would only make it worse to stay

I start singing the song. I love the way my voice sounds in a dream. I keep singing as I wake up, and before I know it, I am i my bed with the song in my head. The melody is pentatonic and sounds chinese.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back art or a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com

print