EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

I am a Lucid Dreamer: Commanding the Subconscious Mind

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 2 of 5Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author  Message 
Dreamghost
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 117
Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Last Visit: 24 Jun 2015
LD count: 20 + 1 pLD
 
PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

"(all tho I noticed you used ''am going to'', which is similar to ''will'', eh?).

If you say something in future tense, who knows when it could happen, but... "
and whats about "i am going... tonight"? Thats present or a clear point in the future. Or?


back to top
Martz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
24
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Last Visit: 24 Jun 2011
LD count: 10 so far =)
 
PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Lord Antares wrote:
Sverak wrote:
I would like to say that this has helped me quite a lot. Last night I read this post, it made everything seem much easier. Thanks Ben for this, I have been on an over 2 month dry spell and want to get back into Lucid Dreaming.


Hey, watch your words grin

Anyway...yeah, I knew this, I read it in NLP related books and articles.Thanks for the post anyways.

Your subconscious mind is more powerful than most people think.
Of course, mattias, no limits, as I already said somewhere else tounge1

Wording is important, because your subconscious mind takes no negations.
If you say ''I am not a lucid dreamer'', it's like you said ''I am a lucid dreamer.''

Or, if you say ''I will no longer have normal dreams'', it's like you said ''I will have normal dreams''.

Like Ben said, don't say ''will'', say ''am'' (all tho I noticed you used ''am going to'', which is similar to ''will'', eh?).

If you say something in future tense, who knows when it could happen, but...

If you say something in present simple tense, it is to become the present.I AM.

Period.


Now that I reread my post and then read yours, it appears I had forgot about what I wrote there. shy2

No big deal though, I got the idea of what it was telling me and successfully used it for one night, however. It seemed to have been totally random, my focus unfortunately, isn't really devoted to lucid dreaming and on most nights, I'd be lucky to even remember a normal dream.

I understand the idea of that it is simply your will and subconscious, but I do have a hard time really comprehending the implications of such things, it is hard for me to attempt, in a way, I don't know how to make anything easier.

I guess it was a fluke that one night when I posted that, that is what it seems like anyway, because I'm having no luck otherwise. sadblauw



Current LD goal(s): Become a dragon, explore my mind's universes, meet my Spirit Guide


Last edited by Martz on Mon 22 Mar, 2010; edited 1 time in total
back to top
FawnBrown
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
30
Posts: 24
Joined: 03 Mar 2010
Last Visit: 11 May 2010
 
PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

This really works...I almost had a lucid dream but i got to excited cry

back to top
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
30
Posts: 4348
Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 08 May 2016
 
PostPosted: Mon 22 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I usually have good results with auto-suggestion, but using "I AM" really helps! Like A LOT! grin

back to top
Sweet Dream
New member
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Last Visit: 22 Mar 2010
 
PostPosted: Mon 22 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

thanks for this great post.
one thing i hear in this is that it's important to believe what i'm saying;
that is as important as the words themselves
hidden doubts will sabotage my efforts.
i get it...


back to top
BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover
Posts: 1449
Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Last Visit: 09 Sep 2013
 
PostPosted: Tue 23 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Lord Antares wrote:
Like Ben said, don't say ''will'', say ''am'' (all tho I noticed you used ''am going to'', which is similar to ''will'', eh?).

That's a good point, Lord Antares. Personally, I don't see it as a conflict for myself; however, if it seems like something that doesn't specifically get the point accross to your subconscious (which it doesn't since you mentioned it), I encourage you to avoid "am going to" and anything relating to future tense.

I'm glad to hear all of the positive feedback from everybody. I do hope it can help you out in more ways than just lucid dreaming--I know it has for me!


back to top
Lord Antares
Limitless
cookie lover
Lord Antares has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
Posts: 1074
Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Last Visit: 26 Jan 2013
Location: Croatia
 
PostPosted: Tue 23 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Well, I always use the present simple tense so that's no problem...I just mentioned wink5

back to top
Lucid76092
Somniologist
Somniologist
24
Posts: 112
Joined: 08 Aug 2009
Last Visit: 30 Dec 2010
Location: Texas
 
PostPosted: Sat 27 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Amazing post. I feel like this is going to help me come out of my 2-4 year lucid dreaming drought.

No. This post will get me out of the drought.

Mind over matter.


back to top
teilnehmer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
27
Posts: 11
Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Last Visit: 06 Nov 2011
Location: Bonn, Germany
 
PostPosted: Sat 27 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Hello,

this is my first posting in this forum and i hope I can add some useful things to this topic! colgate

I'm very happy about your post, Ben! colgate It gives me many stuff to think about and to influence my life. I feel, it is very useful to me.

Perhaps I can add some personal thoughts, in which I relate to some previous posts:

mattias wrote:
- is it possible to "ask for too much"? (like "I am able to have long and vivid lucid dreams where I'm very conscious every night" or something like that...)


Sweet Dream wrote:
thanks for this great post.
one thing i hear in this is that it's important to believe what i'm saying;
that is as important as the words themselves
hidden doubts will sabotage my efforts.
i get it...


A concept which I think is very useful to deal with, is "truth". You can "aks for too much", if this, what you are asking for, is completely unrealistic. For example, you might say "I invent a time-machine." If you say so, this might be a useful illusion and helps you to learn many things about physics and to become a good physician, but it is an illusion and therefore a bad suggestion in my eyes. But if you say "I am a great physician", then you are right, because potentially you are a good physician. It lies in your possibilities. Maybe you don't have enough time and motivation to advance your abilities and to overcome possible resistances and maybe, you doesn't win the nobelprice and doesn't become professor ("great" is a relative word!), but this doesn't change my conclusion.
And because, we all have the possibilities to have extremly vivid and lucid dreams, we have extremly and lucid dreams. The only thing, we must do, we must accept that this is true! colgate
If you have underconcsious doubts, don't worry about it! Say to you "I have no doubts." This is the truth. And the truth doesn't need force. If you know something is true, your doubts will disappear automatically. Maybe there will be some anxious splits of thoughts, but they aren't important, they are meaningless.

PS: I'm Mirko and I have extremly vivid und lucid dreams.


back to top
Colors
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
32
Posts: 270
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Last Visit: 19 Dec 2010
LD count: never enough!
Location: South Yorkshire, UK
 
PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

wahaha Ben, thank you, you made me break my bad luck in having LD, which was simply, the fact that I forgot that autosuggestion works the best for me !!!

With those simple words, I am going to have a lucid dream during this nap, I made it ^^ First of course I was falling asleep, then I noticed this and decided to repeat the mantra, and it worked ! Thanks a lot !!



Current LD goal(s): Fight in a dream ! Improve a skill (drawing/storytelling)
back to top
Lord Antares
Limitless
cookie lover
Lord Antares has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
Posts: 1074
Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Last Visit: 26 Jan 2013
Location: Croatia
 
PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

teilnehmer wrote:

PS: I'm Mirko and I have extremly vivid und lucid dreams.


What the hell?

I am Mirko :D


back to top
#Six
Reality Checker
Astral Explorer
33
Posts: 456
Joined: 08 Oct 2003
Last Visit: 21 Feb 2012
Location: California2Canada
 
PostPosted: Thu 20 May, 2010  Reply with quote

Great post Ben,

This is my kind of thinking ^^ I know I posted something about hypnosis and affirmations on here a long time ago.

One night, over 6 years ago shortly after I found ld4all, I was walking around outside at night feeling miserable. I was down that I wasn't lucid dreaming. I really Wanted to lucid dream! < and I would tell myself this, but it wasn't happening, you know.

Then spontaneously, I just said out loud to myself, " Forget it! I do Not want to lucid dream. In fact I hope I don't lucid ream tonight. I hate lucid dreaming! I really hope I Don't have a lucid dream!"
-That night I lucid dreamed big time.

Well, this was reverse psychology actually. As I saw that the opposite of my wants was what was happening, but most importantly, it is What You Are SAYING to yourself. and How you say it.

So Is it true that I desire to be lucid dreaming when I got to bed after I type this? Yes. So then truthfully, with my heart and my soul, I say this out loud:

I Am Lucid Dreaming -right Now! wiske
6


back to top
LUCY777
New member
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Last Visit: 24 Jul 2011
 
PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

i AM going to have a lucid dream by thursday. Thanks ben.

back to top
Ambsi
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 81
Joined: 20 Sep 2007
Last Visit: 01 Feb 2015
 
PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

I told myself: "In 5 hours I will realize I'm dreaming."

Got lucid the same night smile Thanks Ben for these inspiring posts!


back to top
Dani1202
Lucid Firebird
Lucid Initiate
26
Posts: 87
Joined: 22 May 2010
Last Visit: 28 Jan 2012
LD count: 4
 
PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

I AM lucid! I KNOW I'm deaming!

Ich BIN luzid! Ich WEISS ich träume!

おれわ ルしーど だ (Ore wa rushiido da)

Writing it in english, german and japanese shouldn't hurt! mrgeen



Current LD goal(s): Stabilizing the dream after becoming lucid
back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 2 of 5Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


print   ShareShare 

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  

LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~
created and copyright by pasQuale. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB © 2001,2005 phpBB Group ~