EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

Waking up with a song in your head

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
mattias
Eater of Grues
Global Moderator
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Waking up with a song in your head
PostPosted: Fri 30 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

It's been happening a lot with me, it's kinda weird. I wake up with a song stuck in my head. Sometimes it's a song I've actually been listening to a lot, sometimes it's just a song that I like to hear. Most of the time though, it's a song I've heard once or twice and don't even like! overspannen

Anyone else ever wake up with a song stuck in their head?

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

Yea that happned to me the other day I forgot what song it was, but it was a song I havnt heard in years from a band I never listen to. What song did you hear?

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
The Chroniclers
LD count: Loads of them

Happens to mme Quite often rolleyes as long as the songs arent the ones I dont like I dont care, its become natural for me lachgroen

Happens some times though that I dont hear a song in my head at all

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
mattias
Eater of Grues
Global Moderator
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 01 May, 2010  Reply with quote

Kava wrote:
What song did you hear?

Oh, this has happened so many times I've forgotten most of them. I had Tool in my head the other morning, but I've been listening to that. Once I woke up with Pitty (a brazilian singer/group, which I never listen to!) Sometimes, I think, even commercial jingles lach1

Synneth Relmn
Needs Dream Censors
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Not enough

I have a song going in my head at almost all times, whether I like it or not. Waking up, going to bed, all the time. It's actually hard for me to actively clear my head of any song; usually when I want to get a song out of my head, I have to replace it with something else that will then get stuck. The selection is usually something I've heard recently, but sometimes it's completely random. It rarely bothers me since I don't listen to music I don't like, and only those songs get memorized enough to play in my head. Still, occasionally something both catchy and annoying gets in there, but that happens to everyone.

I've actually got a lot of old video game music catalogued in the back reaches of my brain, and sometimes it pops in as well. Guess what was playing in there during my last test? The Super Mario World intro theme.

BlueAndWhite
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BlueAndWhite has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds!

Yes, almost everyday. Once i started recording it in my dream journal - it was really interesting seeing which songs it was, i mean one was from the nineties - a mel b song, which i'd not listened to in years.

I got it today and yesterday come to think of it, really strange songs.

Rubiks_Cube_Man
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Rubiks_Cube_Man has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
The Chroniclers
LD count: lost count

The only songs i ever wake up with are ones that my SC made up. Theyre actually quite good, and normally I can easily pick out any tune by ear (yes i have perfect pitch) but these songs as soon as i try i cant. sadblauw

*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity
LD count: 24

When I was 12 years old and on holiday with my family in Barbados before Christmas in 1998 I had a dream of a mermaid sitting on a rock on the sea and singing a rather beautiful song.
When I woke up I got my guitar and wrote the sheet music for it, and I still remember the melody.

It's also worth noting that Paul McCartney heard the entire melody for "Yesterday" while sleeping and then kept playing it when he woke up so he could remember it.

Last edited by *Laurelindo* on Sun 02 May, 2010; edited 4 times in total
Synneth Relmn
Needs Dream Censors
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Not enough

Perfect pitch? You lucky bastards. tounge2

My SC produces awesome music from time to time, but like anything else in a dream, it slips away from me before I can record it. Only once have I ever successfully pulled any music from a dream, but I was never able to record it on my MIDI program because it turns out that it used some pitches that were in between the standard notes (how do you notate "somewhere between C and C#"?).

Kenty
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 58

PostPosted: Sun 02 May, 2010  Reply with quote

It happens to me also quite often that there is a song in my mind when I wake up. I really like that much, because it feels comforting. But this is not only the case when I wake up, but also when I fall asleep, and am awake long enough. Then the one or other song sneaks into my mind.

Somehow I think that this must also be the reason because of which mothers sing lullaby songs for their babies to let them fall asleep. And perhaps it also has to do with the theory that the right brain hemisphere is more active during sleep, and continues that while the awakening is in progress.

Raexis
Lurker
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 11 May, 2010  Reply with quote

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes they're songs I don't even like. They almost never relate to what I was dreaming about, so I have no idea why it happens.  
(・ω・?

Emily Emily

PostPosted: Wed 12 May, 2010  Reply with quote

Yesss, it happens every now and then.

Recently I woke up with a song in my head that played all through the dream in the background. It was a theme-song of a children's show I used to watch about twelve years ago, when I was six years old. I haven't heard that song since then and suddenly it appeared in my dream, haha. :')

Rhett
King Vanny
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Fri 14 May, 2010  Reply with quote

Yeah its so weird i wake up with a song in my head and when i shower thats i all i think about is the song

Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Fri 14 May, 2010  Reply with quote

Yup. I can't tell you most of them, but I can tell you about that song "I want you to want me" getting in there. Except in my dream it was a woman singing it...

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare