Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

this sounds really stupid....

Author  Message 
liglyglyg
LD count: over 9000

this sounds really stupid....
PostPosted: Fri 25 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

has anyone tried to meditate or lucid dream inside a lucid dream. I'm pretty new to this and haven't explored it much

MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count..

There's basically no point. Meditate I guess you could but for what purpose?

LD count: 50+

All of my lucid moments so far have been triggered by attempts inside of a ND to get a LD, so I know what that's like. Basically, I close my eyes, wait a moment, and then open them and do a RC. It's the same as a regular dream, so I think that a dream-in-a-dream is treated just like a scene change.

As for meditation, I would think that whatever occurs would be exactly what you expect (religious experiences, astral projections, or whatever).

Current LD goal(s): 15+ minute LD
DreamWalker_5
Somniologist
Somniologist

Well I tried to AP from a LD, for those who don't believe in AP it is basically the same as trying to achieve a LD within a LD tounge2

tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

Meditation in a dream can be extremely rewarding, since often the point of meditation is getting in communication with the deeper parts of yourself, and in a dream you're more than halfway there ^^ Just keep focused on the sensory, relax, ask what you seek, and you shall receive wink5

Current LD goal(s): Healing
liglyglyg
LD count: over 9000

Okay the thing about AP was what I was driving at. Because if you went to sleep, or performed WILD inside a lucid dream I wondered what would happen. I once tried that and the whole dream fell apart. I also get a lot of FA's so I try to go back asleep, and then I wake up. Anyway I'd just want to know what would happen if you dreamed you were in a dream where you dreamed you were dreaming (etc. etc.).

EllyEve
This is not an apple
Dream Deity
EllyEve has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 20+

PostPosted: Sat 26 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

Quote:
what would happen if you dreamed you were in a dream where you dreamed you were dreaming

That's the closest I've gotten to dream teleportation, actually. I couldn't control where I ended up, though. I would like to peel back that onion more thoroughly one of these nights, if only to balance out all those pesky FA's. wink5

As for meditation, well, usually when I close my eyes in dreams a new dream-image blossoms behind it, so I don't do it while I'm lucid in case I lose lucidity. One time I did it anyway and it gave me the focus to improve my dream control. Another time I split into two dream bodies, because it was an OBE meditation I was doing.

print