leaving dream views

Author  Message 
Cinder
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 11

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

Loaf wrote:
There are many alternative forums that are older, richer in content, have better communities, but best of all provide decent service and security.
TELL ME WHAT THOSE FORUMS ARE! NOW!!!!!
But anyways, looks like some russians killed the site now.

Current LD goal(s): Meditate for an hour in a dream
Spider
The path of patience
Astral Explorer
Scribes
LD count: >10

@Object
you are on one of them wink5

@Loaf
I think we have "be nice" policy here. I don't say to you that you cannot state your opinion, far from that.I, personally, am just asking you to choose your words when doing so, nobody likes aggression or similar things, and I think that you can, instead of feeling bad about DV, use the time here for your goals and not waste it on talking against something. It's not doing any good to you, Use that energy for other purposes.

I don't personally have experience with DV and cannot judge the mods there. All said is only my opinion and don't feel like you've done somethin bad wink5 I just think you'r not doing any good to yourself with that approach.

Welcome to LD4all Loaf, Object, and all other DV-ers that unintentionally missed.

Current LD goal(s): Make my dream defaultly begin in a Sanctuary... Every time :)
Loaf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

MortalMist has a rich community with user focus. I believe LD4All is older than DV is by a few years. A simple Google also reveals many hidden places with casual atmospheres like Lucidity Lounge, World of Lucid Dreaming, iAmLucidDreaming forums.

I even started my own website based on my own ideals of what a lucid community should be like a couple months back called DreamerBase.

Either way I feel that Dreamviews has pretty hollow up front content, and is just lucky it had SEO smart owners and got in early (I believe it was owned by a web company at one stage?). Is it the best lucid community out there? No, its just big.

@Spider: I didn't intend hostility, I'm sorry if it seemed aggressive. neutral I'll try to make sure what I write is a little more mellow in the future.

Cinder
Somniologist
Somniologist

By the way, since DV is on sale, why don't you buy it and reshape it into your ideal?
By doing so you will also effectively piss off Alex (the CEO).

Also, I heard about you in the Meta Forum.
It is quite true that you said your images are ruined.

Loaf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Its for sale? overspannen

Well the GoDaddy domain is a fake (it redirects to dream-views, not the valuable domain dreamviews).

Way out of my price range. Alex snapped it up for under $20000 in an auction I believe. Its worth twice that now (or was).

EDIT: Yep, he got it for $17,000.

Cinder
Somniologist
Somniologist

Loaf wrote:
Its for sale? overspannen

Well the GoDaddy domain is a fake (it redirects to dream-views, not the valuable domain dreamviews).

Way out of my price range. Alex snapped it up for under $20000 in an auction I believe. Its worth twice that now (or was).
Oh.
Well... I might help you on DreamBase
(Did you notice we're both in New Zealand?)

Loaf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Oh wow I didn't notice! :o

DreamBliss
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Mon 27 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

Loaf wrote:
even started my own website based on my own ideals of what a lucid community should be like a couple months back called DreamerBase.

Do you allow horny men to post tactful and humorous hookup threads at your forum, in case I am thinking of signing up?
- DreamBliss

Current LD goal(s): 1
gnargnar
The Platypus
Astral Explorer
gnargnar has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: ~50

DreamBliss: ...o.O

Everyone else: Welcome

Ohh loaf whats the url to your website?

Current LD goal(s): Master lucid dreaming
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

just a note to dreambliss.

it is certainly not allowed on ld4all. our members span a wide range of ages, and many are underage. a pickup topic, especially in the way you hint to in the last post, would also be deleted here.

sorry for the lack of proper formatting in this post, it is posted from a not very cooperative phone.

there is a big my website topic in the gathering. i don't have the url in my head, but a search will find it quickly. the gathering section is members only, so posting links in there instead means among other things a lesser chance of spambots finding your site.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Queen SD
Still Dreaming
cookie lover
LD count: Never enough

PostPosted: Tue 28 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

I got an email saying something about DV being hacked. I haven't been on it in ages anyway. In my opinion, nothing beats LD4all!

Loaf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 29 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

GnarGnar wrote:

Ohh loaf whats the url to your website?

I wasn't going to post it since it seems a little disrespectful to do so in a community I'm a lurker in. But its well cached by Google so, you can find it yourself easily if you wanted to.

Siiw wrote:

there is a big my website topic in the gathering. i don't have the url in my head, but a search will find it quickly. the gathering section is members only, so posting links in there instead means among other things a lesser chance of spambots finding your site.

Might have a look there then if there is an official place for it.

DreamBliss
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer
LD count: 5

Huh
PostPosted: Thu 01 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

Hey Loaf you didn't answer my question (I was being serious.)

Siiw

I'm a little confused here... When talking about dreams and astral projection sex naturally comes into the subject. Do you sensor all of that to protect your younger members? Also why don't you have an age restriction or a disclaimer or something? Finally you do realize that by censoring any adult content, you are only going to make younger forum members more interested in it?

Anyone here remember the whole "nude Laura Croft (Tomb Raider) phase? Or how about the "Hot Coffee" mod in Grand theft auto. Both classic examples of what happens when you censor certain subjects.

Now I'm not arguing here because I can't post a hookup thread. In fact I am glad you informed me of this site's rules regarding this. But I do want to understand why this site has taken that stance, because it excludes so much for so little.

Somewhere out there is a dream/astral projection/spiritual matter forums that doesn't exclude the base physical... If anyone has a link please post it here or PM it to me!
- DreamBliss

Current LD goal(s): 1
Qu
Founder
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

@Dreambliss the rules are quite clear on what we allow and what we don't allow. Discussion about those rules is not necessary in any topic and will therefore be removed.
If you don't agree with the rules here feel free to go elsewhere.

@everyone: please try to keep this one on topic as it seems this discussion is about 3 different subjects now. Expect this thread to be merged or split into separate discussions.

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

It's an old topic from two years ago, Loaf has been directed to the big website topic. So I'll lock, but if anyone wants to create a 'missing DV topic' or 'What you love or hate about DV' topic just go ahead and do it wink5

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com

print