High in the Sky
Astral Explorer
Scribes
LD count: 6

The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part V
PostPosted: Sun 07 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

<mod>This is a split topic, the links to previous parts are
Part I * Part II * Part III * Part IV
also there is a good article The Peril and Promise of Sleep Paralysis (by Ryan Hurd)</mod>

I experienced SP for the first time (at least, that I can remember) last night ^^

I was WILD-ing, and then I felt the vibrations. I wasn't too impressed- I get those all them- but then my body started convulsing. Just my arms and mouth, violently, like a seizure. I'm not sure if it was real or imagined, but it happened two or three times.

I heard my mom say something to me, and that's when I realized I was having HH. There was a TON of it. Mostly images and sounds. I was having so much fun, until it became scary. I wanted to move, I wanted to wake up. I felt a presence in my room, the dark seemed to get darker, the walls were closing in. It was all so real. I heard my own voice making a deal with me. "If you promise never to WILD again, I'll let you wake up." I immediately agreed to the terms eh (what was I thinking?). This led me on a series of three FAs, all of which are in my DJ.

I've gotten a new confidence from this experience. SP isn't so scary after all, it's actually kinda fun smile You just need to stay in control of your mind; nothing bad will happen to you.

Current LD goal(s): Increase length, talk to my subconcious.
Teraflare8866
Explorer of Eden
Somniologist
LD count: 110

PostPosted: Mon 15 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

That's very true - you need to be aware that SP can't harm you, and then it turns out to be fun. If you are scared, SP will most likely be scary. If you aren't scared, SP will most likely be, well...not scary.

I had another SP experience last night. This time, I didn't realise at the time and I was pretty scared - so it turned out to be quite frightening.
It was a shadow demon figure standing right infront of me, snarling and growling at me in an evil manner.

Adderad
New Lucid Dreamer
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 16 Feb, 2010  Reply with quote

I tried it just now 5 minutes ago.
It was pretty cool.
I just layed, counting in my head: 1, Im dreaming, 2 Im dreaming and so on.
When i reached like 80 i heard my friend say "Hello, Adrian."
Then i heard a knock somewhere, and i opened my eyes.

Skidzz
Oneirosaurus
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 06 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

Why can't we ever hallucinate a hot chick in lingerie straddling us instead of an old hag?

Chilla
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

If there is one thing I want to avoid, it is definitley SP.
Just the thought of it gives me the creeps.
I first heard about it on tv, I think it was on the Oprah Winfrey show, about people who suffer from terrifying dreams, such as SP's with the Old Hag. Pee'd my pants.
I always say that God is with me and will protect me from having SP's, and I also try to avoid sleeping on my back. I have had SP's in the past though, but luckily never accompanied by scary figures.

WalkinOnSunshine
LD count: My 1st So Far

Scared.
PostPosted: Mon 15 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I am completely, and utterly scared. and I know that you are going to say "its all in my head" but thats the thing, its all in my head, and I'm afraid that all of the dark and scary things will come out of my head and manifest itself during my WILD. I am expecting some old hag or anything worse to show up, and hear creepy things, so because i'm expecting that, its going to happen, right? scared

BlueMoon
Dream World Explorer
Somniologist
BlueMoon has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: lost count :(

PostPosted: Fri 26 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I think I have SPs regularly (Without doing anything). Is this possible (2-3 SPs per month)?

Before I found out about LD I was afraid of them. They were nightmares for me. Then I discovered that SPs are completely harmless. The last SP was funny. I tried to release (<- hope this is the right word) the SP somehow (I didn’t thought of the possibility to become lucid -.-) and suddenly there were coming voices from my alarm clock. They laughed at me, because I couldn’t release the SP. It was kinda motivation for me. I woke up and realised that I could have become lucid. hand voor hoofd

Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: count++;

PostPosted: Tue 30 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

2-3 times per month is easily possible.

Lately I've been reverting back to my old sleep schedule of about 4-5 hours sleep at night, get up do some stuff, then get another 4 hours or so. (When you get home from work about 1:30[am] and have to be up again by 8....I think it's the best option.)
Thus anything in the morning is like a long WBTB to me. In my naps I'll usually wake up once or twice, roll over and fall asleep again, but often enough I'll fall into a SP because of that.
Lately, it's been getting easier. Basically every time I get more than 8 hours sleep total, I will wake up in SP at least once. So it's really once every couple days.

It's funny though. I've NEVER been afraid of SP. I always enjoy it :D It feels sooo cool. And I'm getting better at AP'ing from it.
WILD is still a once in a blue moon thing for me though

Current LD goal(s): Have a game of nighttime-daytime.
Teraflare8866
Explorer of Eden
Somniologist
LD count: 110

PostPosted: Wed 14 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

My SP is getting really weird now. Basically, I wake up, and have the feeling I'm going to get SP. At the time I forget completely about LDing, but afterwards I kick myself and realised I could have WILDed. So anyway.

I get the feeling, so I repeatedly thrash my legs around to try and stop SP. 75% of the time I'm put into SP. When I'm in SP, I don't get any visual hallucinations, but I get a very obvious tactile sensation. I feel as if some huge, scary creature is on top of my body and begins jumping on me, and then it lays still. It feels uncomfortable because I feel as if my blanket isn't there, but the creature is. I then get some weird body distortion feelings, and it feels like I'm sitting upright at some points. I breathe rapidly to wake up.

Even though I find it scary, I find it fun at the same time when I feel as if I'm falling. My next step is to remember to try for a LD when I'm in Paralysis.

Joe650paraD
LD count: Had 15

Re: The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part IV
PostPosted: Sun 18 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

It seems to me that the blood rushing to your face was just being exited.

Queen SD
Still Dreaming
cookie lover
LD count: Never enough

PostPosted: Thu 22 Apr, 2010  Reply with quote

SP was never scary for me. I don't see weird pictures, or hear strange noises. I just feel like I am falling backwards and then into the dream. It's actually pretty boring -__-

eMander
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
eMander has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Fri 07 May, 2010  Reply with quote

I had an old hag just the other night. The interesting thing was that it wasn't some horrific monster or menacing ghost, but a young brunette lady who I perceived to be a professor or college administrator, standing at my bedside and berating me for neglecting my work. Still, I was somehow horrified of her and tried desperately to move. When I finally succeeded, she vanished (of course)

Raexis
Lurker
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 11 May, 2010  Reply with quote

Almost every time I wake up by myself (without the help of an alarm, other people, etc) I get SP. It's happened to me for as long as I can remember. I always hallucinate as well - I always see spiders. When I was a little kid, this terrified me and I'd end up screaming my head off as soon as I could. I'm used to it now. I just watch the spiders until they fade away.
One day there's going to be an actual spider an inch away from my face and I won't realize it. x3 That would prolly freak me out a bit.

Don Anonymus
Novice dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: Not specified

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

Hello people !

I never had had a SP before and I'm very happy I hadn't. I might have one, BUT I am prepared if I do. I read many techniques of how to get rid of SP so I'm not afraid if I want to wake up. For those who are experiencing strange noises things ans stuff like that. Itis because you are stressed out so hard that your mind starts going crazy ^^.

Now if you can't move and have these things you'll be shaking in fear. The first thing to do is to CLOSE your eyes and let everything be as it is for about 2 or 3 seconds. Don't try to do anything. Then in your mind say something like "God, please help me !". You will feel like you get just a tiny little bit more of courage. Then use that to relax. Just relax and let the nosies and everything you hear be. After a few seconds take HUGE breathings. About 2 or 3 will be enough. Next the feelings the sound and everything will dissapear and you will be able to move. Just be 100% sure about it.

The secret is: Atuosuggestion. If you say it and be 100% sure about it nothing can bother you anymore. Just remember: it is in your mind. The mind belongs to you and you can do whatever you want with your mind, ok ?

Good luck !

PS: you can use these SP's to have OBE's. IF you hear, feel or see strange things then you are 99% close to an OBE. For more info, pm me. smile (Because I can't poste here or else the post will seem long and boring)

Shayna711

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

I have never experienced SP before, but since I have been trying for LD's lately, I'm terrified of it happening.
My worst fear in the world is aliens or being abducted by them. I rarely have nightmares, but when I do it is ALWAYS about aliens. So I''m scared that if I end up having SP, it'll be aliens. And that will most likely send me into a 13 year old heart attack. overspannen
So, are there ways I can prevent SP? And if I do end up getting SP, what would be the best way to calm me down?

Page 1 of 4Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

print   ShareShare