Long hair...

Author  Message 
FretDancer
Truth Seeker
Astral Explorer
LD count: 2

Long hair...
PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep, 2010  Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've always been interested in having long hair, I was pretty close at the beginning of this year, but I just couldn't handle it anymore.

In my early teen years my hair changed drastically, it became semi-curly. And now when I let me hair grow more than it ''should'' it becomes a big puffy affro cry and it never seemed to fall, the cool way.

I'm planning on giving it a try one more time. My hair is short at the momment though.

I just wanted to hear some suggestions/experiences or anything regarding this, specially if you have long hair yourself!

Current LD goal(s): Explore Area 51, Go to the moon, Explore New Zealand and Egypt.

I've had both long, and very short hair.

Short hair is sooooo much easier to take care of, and if you don't have the time to take care of your long hair... then don't bother.

On the plus side, now that I have long hair again, I can hide my face, braid it, put weird things in it. Right now I have vertebrae and big glass beads woven in. I love it.

FretDancer
Truth Seeker
Astral Explorer

The Laughing Crow wrote:
I've had both long, and very short hair.

Short hair is sooooo much easier to take care of, and if you don't have the time to take care of your long hair... then don't bother.

That is another reason why I'm not sure if I should let it grow, but I just love how it looks specially in musicians.

But how do you 'take care' of long hair? Sorry if its a stupid question, I know it is tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Explore Area 51, Go to the moon, Explore New Zealand and Egypt.

FretDancer wrote:

But how do you 'take care' of long hair? Sorry if its a stupid question, I know it is :P

LOL. Well, most guys I know with long hair, don't wash it, and it looks unappealing.

I mean, I don't use products in my hair, I let it air dry, etc. I pretty much do nothing but wash it. It all depends on your hair I guess.... but at least wash long hair.

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

Try to wash your hair once a day, with both shampoo, and conditioner. And don't forget to brush it, and blow dry it!

You'll see compliments from all the pretty girls come rolling in. You'll make all your friends jealous!

: D

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
FretDancer
Truth Seeker
Astral Explorer

@ Crow: So is using products a bad idea? Well I think washing my hair as regularly as it needs to be wouldn't be a problem, but I guess I'd just have to wait and see tounge1

Quote:
Try to wash your hair once a day, with both shampoo, and conditioner. And don't forget to brush it, and blow dry it!

You'll see compliments from all the pretty girls come rolling in. You'll make all your friends jealous!

: D

Haha why do I have a feeling that thats some nasty sarcasm? tounge2

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

Actually, it's not. I'm being completely honest.

What do you think the members of Led Zeppelin did with their hair? ^^

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.

Last edited by Scarecrow on Thu 16 Sep, 2010; edited 1 time in total

FretDancer wrote:

Haha why do I have a feeling that thats some nasty sarcasm? :P

Um... I don't know. He's such a girl about his hair. It's niceee though.

FretDancer
Truth Seeker
Astral Explorer

Quote:

Actually, it's not. I'm being completely honest.

What do you think the members of Led Zeppelin did with their hair? ^^

Now that you mention it Robert Plant's hair is curly but very cool, its like it falls perfectly and still remains curly. Man I want that cry

Quote:
Um... I don't know. He's such a girl about his hair. It's niceee though.

Haha so WCH has long hair? coolrastaman

Last edited by FretDancer on Thu 16 Sep, 2010; edited 1 time in total

FretDancer wrote:

Haha so WCH has long hair? (8@

No, not really, just longer than the typical 'guy' hairstyle.

binaryb0n3
Revolutionist
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 1 (10secs)

well i had longer hair some time ago, and i washed it at least once a day didnt blow dry 'cause it always got mesed up by that and used conditioner and used a hair sraightener when it really had to lay down smile was quite some work and afterwards i shaved it all off xD
anyway i liked them too just that they dont fit me and as such everybody told me that i look way better now ^^

FretDancer
Truth Seeker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 17 Sep, 2010  Reply with quote

binaryb0n3 wrote:
well i had longer hair some time ago, and i washed it at least once a day didnt blow dry 'cause it always got mesed up by that and used conditioner and used a hair sraightener when it really had to lay down smile was quite some work and afterwards i shaved it all off xD
anyway i liked them too just that they dont fit me and as such everybody told me that i look way better now ^^

Interesting! How long did it take for the hair to reach a ''falling limit'' so to speak tounge2 . In other words, how long did it take for the hair to become sort of stable in a way that it reached your desired results.

morepurple
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2010  Reply with quote

<2.5mm rocks.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

I miss my long hair. I no longer look good with it. I look pretty damn good with a shaved head though. I even take the raisor to it. OMG that reminds me. I had a dream lastnight that my hair had grew back after I had cut it the day before. I really did shave it in waking life, and I was amazed in the dream, because my hair had grew back so fast. lucid opertunity gone. I have alot of dreams about having long hair, and I love it.

dntrecords
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 100!

I pretty much let my hair grow out for 1-2 years, cut it, let it grow back..it's easier than constantly getting hair cuts. I have curly hair so it's probably more annoying that it'd be if it was straight (curly hair takes longer to try, and gets tangled easier)

hair products will damage your hair. so it's up to you how healthy you want your hair to be (especially down the line). the only hair products I use is shampoo, and sometimes conditioner. I think using a brush/comb is the most important factor if you have long hair. brush it while it's still wet and you're pretty much fine from getting tangles.

you should be happy with what you have. love yourself for who you are (both superficially and spiritually)

print