EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

Do you support making of a lucid game?

Page 3 of 3Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author  Message 
Beat Doctor
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sun 19 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

amitruz wrote:
So this game should be like the game "Pheonix Wright" right? that lawyer game where you have to say the correct things and find clues to prove your opponent is guilty? if so then that would be really cool !! looking forward to seeing it finished!

I haven't played Pheonix Wright, so I can't say, but yes, it will be something like you described.

Everyone go to this thread:
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=613858#613858

Current LD goal(s): Visit outer space, summon the first lucid dreamer.
Scipio Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Scipio Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
The Chroniclers
LD count: 152
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Sat 16 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Beat Doctor wrote:
Elder Scrolls is not an adventure game. Its a RPG. Adventure games are not full of physical combat.

I think you're taking the definition of adventure game a little too seriously. To me, an adventure game is any game which includes adventure, combat or not. And besides, if you call an adventure game that has combat an RPG wouldn't it still have qualities of an adventure game? Don't be too strict with the definitions of games because genres are very fluid.

Current LD goal(s): Find a certain DC.
Beat Doctor
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Scipio Xaos wrote:
Beat Doctor wrote:
Elder Scrolls is not an adventure game. Its a RPG. Adventure games are not full of physical combat.

I think you're taking the definition of adventure game a little too seriously. To me, an adventure game is any game which includes adventure, combat or not. And besides, if you call an adventure game that has combat an RPG wouldn't it still have qualities of an adventure game? Don't be too strict with the definitions of games because genres are very fluid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_game
There are certain definitions you know.. If you ask gaming magazines the definition of adventure games they will probably say the same thing as on wiki. wink
You know, in video game industry, certain games define certain genres by setting standards. And they are not as fluid as you think. Adventure games have formed in the 90's, and Sierra and Lucasarts were the first to set the standards. And how is Elder Scrolls similar to, for example, Monkey Island series?
Need more explanation?

Scipio Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Scipio Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
The Chroniclers
LD count: 152
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

It's not so much as to how similar they are as to what they are.

Wikipedia wrote:
However, some hybrid games exist here, where role-playing games with strong narrative and puzzle elements are considered RPG-adventures.

I do not know if you have ever played one of the Elder Scroll series, but the further up the chronological chain you go, the more mixed its genre becomes. I admit the first few Elder Scrolls games (Arena, Daggerfall, etc.) were more RPG and Action based, but, as hybrid games do exist, the more recent one's definitely show Adventure Game concepts built into them.

To begin, almost any game you find nowadays has a very strong storyline built into. Albeit, storyline is not enough, but is one of the main components of an Adventure game. The second main component are the puzzles that give an adventure game more appeal than just an interactive book. And, from personal experience, the Elder Scrolls IV is riddled with puzzles.

Current LD goal(s): Find a certain DC.
Beat Doctor
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 18 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Almost any game is filled with puzzles, but not at the adventure game level. Have you ever played Broken Sword or Monkey's Island?
And yes, I've played Oblivion.

EmceeLew
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

did you ever start on this?

Current LD goal(s): To have frequent Lucid Dreams
Page 3 of 3Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

print   ShareShare