Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author  Message 
bored299
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: none... yet

Want to have a dream journal but don't want anyone to see it
PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

<mod>moved from dream journal forum to quest. I know it may seem illogical, but the DJ forum is only for dream journals and not for questions about keeping them. moogle </mod>

Ok well my problem is I'm a guy and I'm only 15. I want to keep a journal but I can't even imagine how awful it would be if anyone saw my dreams or even knew that I had a dream journal. Some of my dreams are really embarrassing and I am hesitant to write them down but I want to make progress. My first thought was to hide it so that they won't ever find it, but then I thought that right after waking up and having to look for my journal might make me forget some of my dreams? any advice?

Current LD goal(s): have an LD and remember all dreams and meet JD from scrubs in a dream
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

You shouldn't worry about it. Dreams are dreams, and what happens in dreams stay in dreams. Most people wouldn't care about dreams, no matter whose they were, so it wouldn't matter if they found out. If you need to hide it close by, but well hidden, you have a few choices. Under your mattress? In a drawer? (Though obvious, people aren't going to go looking for it, you know.) If you have a backpack or similar, in the back of it may work. It shouldn't be too hard for you to hide it somewhere close by.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Spasm
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 3

Or keep it on your computer like me smile

Current LD goal(s): Regain interest
Grigorios
Searcher
Novice dreamer

Fifteen year old guys never had a problem hiding things... smile
I am sure you can come up with some reliable way to hide your dream journal.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

I fail to see why having a DJ is such a big deal just because you're a 15 year old male. It doesn't make you any less masculine, and it's a well known technique to improve DR. Did you know that many famous authors and screenwriters keep one just in case they have a dream that gives them a good idea for a story? It's not like keeping a diary or something that you writing your thoughts and feelings into (though frankly I'm not entirely sure why that is considered so feminine either, but society is weird). Everyone dreams, and everyone has weird or emberassing dreams, don't let that stop you.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Writing them on the computer seems like a good solution to you.

If your gold is do improve dream recall without a journal then you can simply take 2 minutes directly after you wake up and think about your dreams and trying to remember them. I'm doing that most mornings and it's really effective.

RODDERS790
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2

don't give a rats left nut, if people see it. if they actually got a kick out of something like that (i think they probably wouldn't, but you know more than me) then its them that would have a problem, i understand what you mean though. when i was 15 i would not have kept one. but you would probably find that it is you that is more bothered about someone seeing it than, the person who actually read it.
if somebody does ask you why your keeping one , tell them "because you control your dreams" i think that sounds cool. i personally think being able to control your dreams is one of the coolest discoveries man has made...imo

Current LD goal(s): to stay in a LD
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

RODDERS790 wrote:
if people see it. if they actually got a kick out of something like that, then its them that would have a problem

That is very correct. But it can be hard to live by it. In this case for bored299 to make a journal. I know that what you say is correct but i still have problems similar to bored299 yet I know that they can be solved by what you say.

The fear of what other people think about you.

Drumm
Musician
Somniologist
LD count: 1

I keep mine on my computer, no one ever looks at it or cares to try. You can even password-protect the files if you're really that concerned about it.

TheChris
one within others
Lucid Initiate
TheChris has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: quite some

PostPosted: Wed 15 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

When you keep the DJ on your computer, I think you still use some paper for short notes. Just wanted to mention this, it would be hard to wake up and start your computer immediately. At least for me because I forget my dreams VERY fast after waking up.
I once tried it with audio files and also with speech recognition, but this is weird as my family can hear me talking wink

Beat Doctor
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Wed 15 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

There is a nice little Dream Journal programme. It gives you tasks for each month (this month its to hit a DC with a snowball) smile
And you must enter a password that you choose every time you enter it.

I can't find that software now online, but if you're interested, I'll upload it for you.

Current LD goal(s): Visit outer space, summon the first lucid dreamer.
Rubenknex
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I don't like my DJ being read by other people as well, I have found my brother reading through it xD. Now I have an ipod and I found a very nice app called Dream Journal, it asks you for a password when starting it.

At first I thought it would be slow typing but it's still faster then writing ^^ .

Jake Schmitt
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 8

I agree with you. I'm in the exact same boat. 15 in February :D

I just make mine in my iPod's Notepad. It's always right next to my bed, if not in my bed.

Rubenknex, I'll have to check that app out.

Current LD goal(s): Make an Intensity Dial; Program a DreamClock; AP
Drumm
Musician
Somniologist
LD count: 1

That's true, it's hard to get to a computer right when you wake up.
I'm sure that's why my dream recall isn't top-notch at the moment. I count on memory to type up the dream later in the day. Paper might be a good idea tounge2

And I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love for my friends to read most of my dreams. There are some that are private, but for the most part I think it's fun to exchange dream stories.

Doc Holliday
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

Lol bro use the search function. I posted about the same problem a while back turn3 . Anyway best of luck to you!

Current LD goal(s): Solidify Lucidness in my dreams and normalize them.
Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare