EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

Dream Clock

Author  Message 
Bootanza

Dream Clock
PostPosted: Sat 22 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

Would anybody be able to tell me how the idea of a Dream Clock works ?, like the one people use in their dreams to extend the length of their dreams. ^^

Phoenixatc
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

I don't know but now I'm interested.

What do you know already, if anything?

Current LD goal(s): More details.
jacklewis999
LD count: 7

dream clock
PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

from what ive heard i thinks its a sort of way of programming your brain
i mean say you are LDing and you walk over to a computer (this computer is a way of telling your brain something) and you type in 5 HOURS REAL TIME = 35 HOURS DREAM TIME. Therefore you have converted your dream into a longer time, basicaly you could type anything in, kinda like a way to directly talk to your brain.

Current LD goal(s): Fly.
Faith42
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 16 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

check out WritersCube's dream journal :D
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31969

shinju
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

In my longest LD ever I used this...
In the dream I suddenly felt my cell phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and this window popped up on the screen: "Do you want to: EXIT - CONTINUE ?" I was confused at first but I choose "CONTINUE". The window disappeared and I realised it was the dream asking me whether I wanted to stay or to wake up or so I believed at the moment and it worked. I got this "message" on the phone several times later in the dream.
I was in that dream for almost a day, lucid.
amazing experience

Faith42
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Also, if you just constantly steady yourself and stay busy. I did that once and I was in the LD for 2 days!

LD count: 50+

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

The dream clock is a tool of (to my knowledge) WritersCube's invention, which he uses to keep track of how long he can remain in his LDs before waking up, as well as to control the lengths of his LDs. I haven't read of anyone else using the clock like he does, so if you want to know more you should ask him--or read his DJ, since it's interesting and plenty of people have already asked him about his dreams.

Current LD goal(s): 15+ minute LD
Haddock
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Faith42 wrote:
Also, if you just constantly steady yourself and stay busy. I did that once and I was in the LD for 2 days!

So, is it like every minute felt like it was just as long as a minute irl; and you spent 48 hours in your dream? smile

Ya, WritersCube is probably the one who came up with the idea about the dream clock. I've only read about it in his DJ, and can't find anything like it when googling it either.

Current LD goal(s): Make my dreams more vivid, and fix my flying problem..
Faith42
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Well, yeah, it was like living every second. Of course, you can't actually know how long time is because you can't look at a clock or anything, but you just have to base it on how long it seemed; and it SEEMED that I was there for about 36ish hours (not 2 full days) and lived every second (second of dream time that is)! :D

Haddock
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

The experience must be wonderful!

But doesn't it get tiring to keep staying aware all the time? Is it like when you read many guides, that you constantly must keep reminding yourself that your dreaming, don't stop and look at things for too long and stuff like that?

Current LD goal(s): Make my dreams more vivid, and fix my flying problem..
Veloki
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

On continuing dreams, for a long while I'd be able to choose to continue a dream when I had woken up just slightly - I'd be just barely asleep, the image would be gone, but I'd choose to continue the dream, and on it went. The option didn't work after so long, though - the time that I was alotted in the dream started getting shorter and shorter.

For that matter, I didn't become lucid in any of the dreams I did that in. Go figure!

Current LD goal(s): a WILD success
WritersCube
OneiroTron 24.7
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 06 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

I created the idea of making and using my Dream Clock out of mainly from the challenge of wanting to do great things over the course of a single night's LD rather than having to make multiple revisits to that same dreamscape. Of course this was before I came to realize how I start to miss things when I'm gone for too long, which is why I only now use my Dream Clock when I really feel like taking a dream vacation droom

As for how it works, it works by keeping track of two different sets of time. How much real time I wish to spend dreaming, and how much dream time I wish to spend within that frame of real time.

For example--I wish to spend a week in a dreamscape, say the dreamscape of Tech, to jam to music for seven days straight. I'm going to go to bed and I wish to sleep for just a normal seven hours.
I key into my DreamClock:

[168 Hours Dream Time]
[7 Hours Real Time]

Upon doing that, I then press the simple green Start Button and off I go. Of course, this doesn't necessarily have to be done on some dream object--my Dream Clock can be used through the simple use of a Heads-Up Display.

Heck you can even put the Dream Clock on a singing fish, and it'll work all the same.

Current LD goal(s): Extended LD of 4-Months Dream Time... when I'm crazy enough to try it LOL
Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 06 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

WritersCube wrote:
Heck you can even put the Dream Clock on a singing fish, and it'll work all the same.
lach2

No but seriously, that's brilliant... that must be a LDing masterpiece and a copy should be stalled in a dreammuseum ^^
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Ayv
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Wed 16 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck with this technique? I plan to try it, but I've got to work on getting more LD's first .

Current LD goal(s): Flying for longr than a minute; talk to my Subconscious mind; Increase vividness
Lucidaider
mystic crusader
Somniologist
LD count: more then 25

dream clock
PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

i just started listening to bin. beats and it does help me become lucid in dreams but only for about 10 to 30 seconds im unable to make it stable. i think this dream clock may help me im going to try it thanks all.

Current LD goal(s): next is to meet my SG and earn my wings

print