EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

help!! :( new to this. lucidity questions.

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
snowleopard
just a person
Somniologist
21
Posts: 117
Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2012
LD count: 7
Location: everywhere but the kitchen sink
 
help!! :( new to this. lucidity questions.
PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

sorry! im new to this and i have a few questions shy2 could you please awnser them? even if you know a awnser to just one, post it!! i really need it! help! ok heres the questions:
1.How long does it take to master (normaly,average) wild,mild,so on so on
2. how much does a person lucid dream normally? (i heard a girl say she went lucid only 6 times in a year!!! sadblauw i dont want to work hard for some thing that only happens 6 out of 365 days!! cry
3.can you move objects in the physical in ur dream and actually make them shift??? (ex. pushing a vase over then waking up to find out it really worked)
4. how long does it normally take for reality checks to sink in?
5. Is it possible to teleport ur physical body into the astral or dream world? (yes i know this sounds completely stupid but some say i can happen, some say no, and some even say it happened to them!! it was the news one time eek2 )
6.is there a meeting place for lucid travelers beside the lucid crossroads?
7. is the lucid crossroad up and running?
thanks for any feedback!! smile i really need it too understand and make my path more clear. good luck in ur ventures!!!



Current LD goal(s): more LD's and control


Last edited by snowleopard on Thu 17 Feb, 2011; edited 1 time in total
back to top
OddDreamingDreamer
Some odd rank
Somniologist
28
Posts: 100
Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Last Visit: 09 Mar 2012
LD count: 2 MILD 4 DILD
Location: A particularly odd place
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

1). I cannot answer that, as I haven't done it yet, but I don't really care how long it takes so long as it isn't horribly slow. You shouldn't expect anything in a quantity of less than say, 3 months.
2). A normal person who does not work to have lucid dreams, that cannot be answered, for it varies too much. But for lucid dreamers, as long as they want to, their can have lucid dreams at will with a very low failure rate.
3). I'm not sure I get what you're asking there.
4). I myself would like to ask that
5). I know nothing about that topic, and cannot answer as I'm currently working on dream recall.
6). Haven't checked, so I have no idea.
7). You could check out the site and find out, but if you mean as in dreaming and going and finding it, I have no idea.



Current LD goal(s): achieving a steady sleep schedule, then getting proper dream recall
back to top
24
Posts: 96
Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Last Visit: 20 Aug 2012
LD count: 5 short ones
Location: Scotland
 
PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Im relativley new here aswell but will answer your quaestion as fully as i can smile
1:aswell as odddreamingdreamer i havent reached lucidity either but from talking to people it can vary some pick it up quicker than other but the average seems to be a couple of months.
2:If i was to answer i would only be repeating the above so i wont bother.
3:If your asking is it possible to move things in RL in your dream the answer is no , although it would be cool if you could tounge2
4:Again i would also like to know the answer.
5:As you say it does sound pretty farfetched, im not an expert on the topic but looking at it rationally it seems highly unlikely.
6 and 7: The idea of meeting dreamers only works if you beleive in shared dreaming , which in my opinion is impossible (although there is no way to prove if it can happen or not , so maybe) , as dreams happen in your head i find it hard to beleive that you could share dreams with others however many people beleive otherwise.

Hopefully that helped and good luck with your dreaming :D
6:



Current LD goal(s): have more and lengthier LD's.
back to top
snowleopard
just a person
Somniologist
21
Posts: 117
Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2012
LD count: 7
Location: everywhere but the kitchen sink
 
:)
PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

ritchie222 wrote:
Im relativley new here aswell but will answer your quaestion as fully as i can smile
1:aswell as odddreamingdreamer i havent reached lucidity either but from talking to people it can vary some pick it up quicker than other but the average seems to be a couple of months.
2:If i was to answer i would only be repeating the above so i wont bother.
3:If your asking is it possible to move things in RL in your dream the answer is no , although it would be cool if you could tounge2
4:Again i would also like to know the answer.
5:As you say it does sound pretty farfetched, im not an expert on the topic but looking at it rationally it seems highly unlikely.
6 and 7: The idea of meeting dreamers only works if you beleive in shared dreaming , which in my opinion is impossible (although there is no way to prove if it can happen or not , so maybe) , as dreams happen in your head i find it hard to beleive that you could share dreams with others however many people beleive otherwise.

Hopefully that helped and good luck with your dreaming :D
6:
thanks!! :D



Current LD goal(s): more LD's and control
back to top
Faith42
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
23
Posts: 325
Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Last Visit: 05 Jan 2018
 
PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

2) It just depends on you :D
Some people are less fortunate, some more. There are some people who get several a night and some who only have one every few months. My advise is to just keep practicing and trying new things :D Make sure you get REALLY good dream recall first though and try tons of tecniques- see what works for you because everyone is different! I would know because I was that "one every few months" person, but now, I can get like 1+ a week (which isn't TOO great, but a lot better!!!) :D


back to top
snowleopard
just a person
Somniologist
21
Posts: 117
Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2012
LD count: 7
Location: everywhere but the kitchen sink
 
PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Faith42 wrote:
2) It just depends on you :D
Some people are less fortunate, some more. There are some people who get several a night and some who only have one every few months. My advise is to just keep practicing and trying new things :D Make sure you get REALLY good dream recall first though and try tons of tecniques- see what works for you because everyone is different! I would know because I was that "one every few months" person, but now, I can get like 1+ a week (which isn't TOO great, but a lot better!!!) :D
great! i'll try to work on my dream recal then ^^ hehe



Current LD goal(s): more LD's and control
back to top
InsaneKid
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
28
Posts: 47
Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Last Visit: 26 Apr 2018
LD count: 23
 
PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Hm... let's see.

1. How long does it take to master a sport? <- It differs from person to person. Also, it is hard to define that word.

2. How often does one hit home runs in baseball? <- It differs from person to person. tounge2

3. Not that I know of.

4. People say it takes about 2 days to form a habit. So focusing on forming the habit should take roughly that long. Hopefully the habit should be carried into the dream instantly, but I can't say for sure.

5. I personally think OBE's, astral projection, etc. is BS. So I would say no. However, if I am wrong and there is such a thing, then I am not sure.

6. The "lucid crossroads" is questionable in itself. This delves into shared dreaming which has yet to be proven (And probably will never be, because if anyone ever succeeds there is no way to prove it).

7. Again, the lucid crossroads is questionable and highly depends if shared dreaming is even possible. So... maybe?


back to top
snowleopard
just a person
Somniologist
21
Posts: 117
Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2012
LD count: 7
Location: everywhere but the kitchen sink
 
ythank u!
PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Xzontar wrote:
Hm... let's see.

1. How long does it take to master a sport? <- It differs from person to person. Also, it is hard to define that word.

2. How often does one hit home runs in baseball? <- It differs from person to person. tounge2

3. Not that I know of.

4. People say it takes about 2 days to form a habit. So focusing on forming the habit should take roughly that long. Hopefully the habit should be carried into the dream instantly, but I can't say for sure.

5. I personally think OBE's, astral projection, etc. is BS. So I would say no. However, if I am wrong and there is such a thing, then I am not sure.

6. The "lucid crossroads" is questionable in itself. This delves into shared dreaming which has yet to be proven (And probably will never be, because if anyone ever succeeds there is no way to prove it).

7. Again, the lucid crossroads is questionable and highly depends if shared dreaming is even possible. So... maybe?
thanks!! smile i can't tell how much ur advice is helping me!!



Current LD goal(s): more LD's and control
back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~