Current Wings Quest 126
Lucid Rhymes

Why Are You Here?

Author  Message 
Faeline
LD count: 1/2

Why Are You Here?
PostPosted: Sun 01 May, 2011  Reply with quote

Exactly what it says on the tin: How did YOU get interested in LDing and why? What motivates you?

Current LD goal(s): No.1: Get back in the habit of remembering my dreams. No.2: Remotivate myself.
JJdreamer
Lucid Prodigy
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 12

good question, I'd have to say curiosity brought me to the LD world. I wanted a way to escape this reality, and do anything I wanted, and that led me to discovering lucid dreaming. That was about 2 years ago, and then 1 year later I began to take it seriously, keeping a DJ, etc.

as for motivation, just hearing about the possibilities in the dream world is what does it for me. Reading other DJ's and hearing about the amazing things people have done really inspires me ^^

Current LD goal(s): to have an extremely long and vivid LD
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

I've always been interested in dreams, as a kid I was amazed with things in dreams because I've never seen anything like that in WL. But normally I didn't even know that I dream every night, how to remember more dreams and how to control them.

One night I had my first LD, I've told that to everybody but I described it just like an amazing experience because I didn't know about lucid dreaming. Then passed a year or two and I was reading something about insomnia and I saw the term lucid dreaming and then finally I learn about lucid dreaming and then I knew what kind of dream that was.

After that I became member of LD4all and I've been here since then...

Peace!

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
avalinah
Learning composure
Dream Deity
LD count: 50+

i have always been interested in my dreams, cause most of the time they were much more amazing than reality. i've kept DJs for years (at least 5 years). i found out about lucid dreaming many years ago from a friend, but i wasn't interested because i thought that dreams would be boring and uninteresting if i could control them. back at that time i didn't know that in most LDs the environment is still random and unknown.
i started getting into LDing just a year ago, and then i had my first few. but then i somehow gave up, probably lost the motivation. i got in really enthusiastically this april. i've been at it ever since.

Current LD goal(s): DEILD
Huse
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Many

LD was really special for me but i was 8 at that time, no computer or internet. Then when i got internet of course i could look at everything that pops up in my mind. I remember watching LD videos on YouTube, it was so epic, how they explained how it works and stuff. Then i found this forum and really got into it more. LD was freedom for me.

dreamwalker
Ne Plus Ultra
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2011  Reply with quote

I'm here cause I've always been interested in dreams. Since my first one till now they have always intrigued me.

Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2011  Reply with quote

I very specifically recall spending many hours wishing for something along these lines, controlling dreams was top of the list. It would be my own little world to mess in, a dimension all my own. What fun I could have. I didn't finally make it to LD sites until one day, my join date, actually, I found a topic somewhere discussing lucid dreaming. Instantly, I googled the term, read up, and found this lovely site.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Becka
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2011  Reply with quote

Dreams have always interested me. I had my first LD as a kid but didn't learn much about it until my teenage years.

Now I'm here to gain more knowledge of my subconscious. Of the spiritual world. And perhaps a bit more insight in Religion.

Current LD goal(s): Enter the void
vbflame
Low Intermediate
Somniologist
vbflame has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 127

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2011  Reply with quote

My response:
Why would I want to waste ~ 1/3 of my life?

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2011  Reply with quote

I got interested in LD after I tried to fight off nightmares and I had an RL friend who was interested in LD too tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Hemming
Not quite here...
Somniologist
LD count: Countless

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2011  Reply with quote

I started lucid dreaming to fight off nightmares without realising what I was doing. Eleven years later I found an article on wikipedia about it, then this site. I thought everyone naturally was aware during their dreams.

eduardoloco
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 8

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2011  Reply with quote

I read in a magazine an article about dreams end their effects. It metioned LD. Since then, I started to look for more information and ended up here :D
Anyways, I like psychology stuff so it was just a matter of time till I get here =p

OddDreamingDreamer
Some odd rank
Somniologist
LD count: 2 MILD 4 DILD

I love lucid dreams and what is possible, infinite food, infinite food, improvement as a person, extra time for thinking out, creative boost. And the playground
I come here to spam a lot the playground

Current LD goal(s): achieving a steady sleep schedule, then getting proper dream recall
Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

A friend of mine and I heard about lucid dreaming some time, actually I'm not sure how exactly... but we got interrested and I wondered if it could be learned. Enter my good friend google. LD4all seemed like a pleasant site and the guide was extremely clear and helpfull, not to mention friendly. A lot better then all the others I found... three cheers for Q ^^

Actually I don't have enough motivation to LD... I'm not really putting any effort into it. But what motivates me to spend time on this site is that it is a nice place to be, to come to rest and have a good time with some nice people ^^

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2011  Reply with quote

Found out about LD's in the local paper and LD4all came up in the search engine. I joined, was mildly active for a month, gave up. Three years and a new account later (forgot the old user/pass) I got interested again. LD4all has been my home page since ^^.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!

print