EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

Have a problem with sight in lucid dreams.

Author  Message 
Prashn64
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 100

Have a problem with sight in lucid dreams.
PostPosted: Fri 20 May, 2011  Reply with quote

Usually in my lucid dreams, it feels like one of my eyes is glued shut, and whenever I try to pry it open, my dream either fades away, or my eye will feel a bit painful after being opened and that pain ends up making the dream go away.

Any ideas to make this go away? I thought I could stop it by realizing it's all in my head, but it doesn't seem to help for some reason.

fedepiz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 20 May, 2011  Reply with quote

I had the same problem, and with talking and even walking!
But I went out of it by just not thinking about it: instead of trying to open your eyes in the "phisical" sense (moving your eyelid up), just try to "see". For me and speaking, I figured out that if I just think of the words, then I speak. Same thing with walking, sometime I feel like I'm glued to the ground or constrained in other ways. When this happens, I simply focus on the fact that I want to go to that specific place. So...try to see "thru" your eyelid: if you think it's possible, you will (worked for me)

LD count: 50+

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2011  Reply with quote

If willpower alone won't do the job, the next best thing would probably be to try using tools to get your vision back--glasses, contact lenses, DCs, etc. Also, you should remember that the problem isn't necessarily that your eye is shut. It could be that you're blind in that eye, or that there's a sticker covering it, or whatever you decide it is.

Current LD goal(s): 15+ minute LD

print