EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

Dream fears vs. Waking fears

Author  Message 
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

Dream fears vs. Waking fears
PostPosted: Fri 03 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Last night in an ND I was crossing a catwalk without any handrails. There was plenty of space to cross, but as I crossed I had a serious fear of the height. I even thought to myself that I would be fine if only it was a dream, but I was too preoccupied trying to not fall.

I don't have a major fear of heights in RL. I was wondering, have any of you also felt random fears in dreams that they don't have while awake?

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
monstah
King Nothing
Lucid Initiate
LD count: o(1/t)

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

I just read a biography of H.P. Lovecraft (who is said to be a biographist's dream, because of his volumous correnpondence, photographic memory, and detailed acconts of daily activites to friends) that most of his tales were attempts to control his frequent nightmares by putting them on paper.

Curiously, even though most of them came from actual phobias of his (such as the ocean, vast enclosed spaces such as caves, and xenophobia), the actual pure sense of dread and terror (as he put it) wasn't there when he woke up and started writing.

Current LD goal(s): Ride Nightgaunts to Kadath; build my own Dark Tower
Limitles
Without Limits
Astral Explorer
LD count: 38ish

PostPosted: Sun 05 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

yeah i think sometimes i do.... but i would have to double check in my DJ . But ive noticed sometimes in dreams --- my fears are gone , or rather i ignore them- for example. In one dream i was yelling yes we won we won! in the dream we had won a baseball game but then a kid on the other team yelled no you didnt! and he shoved me. Normally in real life if i was shoved or pushed i would be mad and kinda scared too but in the dream i just smiled and walked away

Current LD goal(s): shared dream, spend a week surviving in the wilderness, FLY!@!@
Black Bird
Sky high
Novice dreamer
Black Bird has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 75

PostPosted: Sun 05 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

I somtimes feel fear of heights in my dreams although i don't fear heights IRL. I had this dream recently, where I was standing on a helipad at an oil-rig, pretty high up. And I was terrified! I was so afraid of falling that laid down and dug my fingers through the grating, holding on for dare life. I haven't thought about it, but it's kinda strange

Current LD goal(s): Stop jumping trough windows and walls. Try to use the door instead...

print