the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 67

[mod]
This is Part 67 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic.

The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.

Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .

(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: ) :moogle: [/mod]

Hi everyone! You can call me dakotah!

A little about me.

I can MILD at will. I just got out of a dry spell that lasted almost three months. (I wasn’t trying to ld)

I’m great at DEILD. I have even written a tutorial on it. Maybe I’ll post it here one day!!

Hi Dakotahnok! That’s awesome that you can MILD so easily, and I’d love to see that article :content:

:welcome: everyone who are new (long time since I welcomed here, and did I see a swede among the new ones? :tongue: )

I hope you will enjoy this place and have a pleasant stay, we are all very nice and helpful here :content:

Hey there guys, I’m Roberto, from Italy :grin: I found this site some days ago and I have to say that it’s pretty good! I discovered techniques never read before like the FILD…
However, I never managed to have a lucid dream; I found about this “phenomenon” something like 3 months ago, seeing the movie Inception; since then I tried but with no results and thinking to try again when I have more time on my hands.
Well, school’s out now :tongue: I will try again, starting from writing a dream journal :smile:

:wave: hello dakotah and rocoloco, welcome to LD4all

good luck :thumbs: you WILL do it :content:

Hello everyone! :smile:
My name is Matthew but you can also call me Mattata, as you like :smile:
I’m interested in lucid dreaming for a very long time, something about three years. There were a periods in my life when I wasn’t doing anything towards LD and there were also a periods when I’ve been doing a lot. Suddenly, yesterday, the “hard-working” period has begun for me! Lucid dreaming has been on my mind since few days, but yesterday I decided to start trying obtaining LD’s again, and, guess what - I managed to have my first Lucid Dream using the WBTB+WILD technique! :smile: Unfortunately it lasted only a minute or two, but this success is clearly a good start which makes that I want to repeat that :smile:
I decided to be a member of this forum :smile: Hope this will help me or even I’ll help some of you in the future!

Greeting for all members!
Mattata

:wave: Mattata

congrats! :yay:
I’ve never had a WILD (except in a dream which doesn’t count :wink: )

Thank you! :smile: I don’t know a lot about all the LD techniques and feelings, but the moment of paralysing body in WILD is strange, but also amazing at the same time, I recommend it to anyone to just try, 'cause I’m impressed! See ya! :smile:

Well I’m not exactly new here, but I never actually introduced myself, so I’ll just post here.

I used to go on LD4all quite a lot, and my old account was Milesbh, but then I came on here less and just sort of gave up lucid dreaming. Then I sort of came back on here sometimes, and made this account, but I wasn’t actually attempting to lucid dream. Now I’m interested in lucid dreaming again and want to involve myself a bit more :happy:

I’ve just finished my last A level exam and I have no commitments, so with all this freedom I want to get back into lucid dreaming again :smile: And also be a part of this community :smile:

Arandur :hugs: Must feel odd making an intro, so long after joining.

Hi everyone. Just joined here. Used to post a lot at dreamviews.com. Been a ld’er for a long time. lost interest in it for a while, {life got in the way, lol}, got back into it recently after watching Inception. Want to interact with other LDers.

Yes it kind of does :razz: But then again I’ve been lurking more than contributing so not particularly hehe

Great to see this place, this actually isn’t my first time checking this website out. I browsed this site way back in 2004-2005. I’ve been a member of dreamviews for 7 years. I’m amazed to see that pasQuale is still around, after seeing dreamviews site admins come and go so many times over the years.

But yeah I’ve just always liked the look of this place, and decided to sign up. Dreamviews was getting congested it seems, so many people in chat I feel like I have to barge my way into every conversation.

Well, it can get noisy sometimes here in IRC (but other times it’s dead silent), but if I’m around I’ll yell at us for you (although that might include yelling at myself too >.>). :tongue:

/me must resist the urge to nom a new member…

Welcome, alvin115 and Beef Noodles! flashes a big grin, full of teeth

ahem

Hope you enjoy your stay! :wave:

newbie walks in, stands arounds, waves my hand hi!
Hey guys. New person here saying hi!

Yup. Found my way here from the Minecraft forums after looking at the thread about Lucid Dreaming.
So far im loving this comunity, Nice people.

Im 17 years old high school student, going to my senior year this fall.
Im a gamer, I play video games (for both past times, and to get a great story out of them). And im also teaching myself to play guitar.
i also like biking.
Im huge into technology and computers also.

Im one of the nicest people you will meet. Im forcing myself and teaching myself to speak more formal than any other teenage because im kind of getting tierd of this slang that kids throw around. I do call my a couple of my friends “dude” at times, but thats really an exception.

Hope to explore Lucid Dreaming and try and get it down.

PS: Dont let my avatar fool you. My Avatar is the video game character “Sue” from the briliant game Cave Story. My favorite character in the game :happy:
Im actually a guy.

Hi I’m a 13 year old boy from england and i found out about this site from guys talking about it at school and it got me interested in lds. i haven’t had many but i will try to have some in the near future.

Hello and Greetings. I am new to the site and haven’t been on LD forums in years. I know it is time for me to learn and share about Lding again and I liked the looks of this site so here I am. I have been Lding on and off for roughly 25 years. I created prototypes for now popular lucid dream inducing devices about 15 years ago. Recently I have been having immensely vivid dreams each night but only becoming lucid a few times and minutes each week, so after much distraction I am ready to dive back into my LDing practice and research and get back to reality(the dream world). :content: How is everyone?

Hello Everyone :smile: I’ve been coming on this site for a few weeks now but haven’t signed up until now, and I just wanted to say HI. I’m a 15 year old girl, and lucid dreaming has always fascinated me but I have only ever had one and that was a while ago, I started trying to lucid dream a few month ago, but I didn’t have much time because of school, and I got discouraged rather quickly, but now that it’s summer I am trying again. Its been about 2 weeks, no luck so far, but I did have a dream about being lucid so I know lucidity is getting into my mind, I now just have to patiently wait and try out the different methods. I’m very exited, and can’t wait to hear peoples expertise, and maybe some day have expertise of my own to share with everyone on this site.

Hello, Mystic Carrot and Starlet! :welcome: Welcome to the community, etc. Good luck, Carrot, and glad you joined the forums, Starlet! Hope both of ya stay with the forum for awhile.

I just joined up, it’s lovely to be here.
I only recently learnt about LD; I went to a talk by Todd Acamesis (meetup.com/journeyoftruth/) it was amazing, an eye opener. I have been trying some of the techniques and keeping a dream journal. I kept a dream journal years ago but hadn’t heard about LD back then. I’ve had two LDs, the second was this morning. I got so happy and excited about becoming Lucid that I nearly lost it / woke up, I remembered to keep calm just in time.
Look forward to getting to know you!
xxx