LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens 13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles

Introduction

Welcome to LC #32, I am glad to be hosting this!!
Please feel free to correct any typos/errors as i am doing this real quick…

The LC is a method that has been carried out in order to motivate participants in their quests for lucidity and provide them with short-term goals that will hopefully be interesting and enjoyable. It is an opportunity for lucid dreamers to improve their dream-skills and creativity, while also competing with other dreamers for the chance to host the next LC.

The following are the rules. [/list]

LD Points

You get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!

Points awarded for each dream:
[color=green]- You wonder if you’re dreaming. + 5pts

• You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly (generally 30 seconds or less for most dreamers). + 10pts
  • Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. + 20pts
  • Medium/Average LD: You have what you would consider a medium size LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. + 30pts
  • Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts [/color]

Everybody is to provide an average length on signup (unless you have never had an LD before), and point calculating will be done accordingly.

For those who have never had a lucid dream before, there will be no short LD option. Dreams over 30 seconds and less than 5 minutes will be considered medium length, and dreams over 5 minutes will be considered long LDs.

A dream is considered a single one until you get out of bed and/or write down your dreams.

If you have your first lucid dream while the Challenge is running you will get +75 pts!

If you become lucid through a technique you never succeeded in before, I will also award +50 bonus points to you.I f you’re about to try a new technique, or are simply new to lucid dreaming and want to find out which technique suits you best, this is your chance. However, these extra points are not awarded for your first ever lucid dream.
Please be clear about this when you mention it, because I don’t want an extra entry in the signup-form for each technique succeeded yet .

As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else’s medium and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD’ers to work hard too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.

Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 5 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.

Task Points

These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.

This challenge will ignore all the wise stuff and sagacious knowledge gathered over centuries (well, not really ), and focus on action, active creation and exploding. Er, I mean, exploring . You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. I can also award bonus points for outstanding creativity or spectacular solutions, but no more than 10 points pr. night and person.

So:
Any task can be attempted any number of times, however the scores are not cumulative among the same task. Only the best score is awarded for each one. (Example: You earn 50 points on first attempt but only 20 on the second. You will only earn points from the first).

For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:
+30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from lucid points)
+20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep)
+10 creativity points (for using creative solutions in your LDs)

Base idea for awarding points in each task:
Generally, the basic points-tree of LC 30 will be as follows:

1. Completing the basic task. (30-50 pts)
2. Completing secondary tasks. (10-50 pts)
3. Points earned per action or variation. (5-20 pts per tick)

Quest Points

The monthly Quest counts as task, and awards 50 points for completion.

Personal Goal/Task

When you sign up, also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LD’ing. I will award up to 120 points in total pr. person for completing your tasks.

If you submit one personal goal, you will earn 120 points for completing it. This cannot be repeated. If you submit several goals, you will get 120 points divided with the number of tasks you submit. For example, if you have five goals, completing one will award you 24 points…

Be careful, personal goals and average LD lengths cannot be changed while the challenge runs.

Deadlines and Calculation

Deadlines will be right within the week - Friday 8pm (GMT-7) or 15:00 GMT.
If you have any questions about Deadlines please pm as i am not very good with time conversions :content:

You have two options for the point calculation process:
You either write whole dreams here or post a link to your online DJ.
Or you can just specify which basic task and secondary tasks and repetitions you completed and your points calculating will be again done accordingly. However, by doing this, you will lose your chance of getting creativity bonus points.

I will accept entries as late as exactly one day after the next task is posted for early points. The reason for this is the variation in time zones between LD4all members.

Don’t worry about the point calculations, I will be calculating all the scores. (It is required, given the possibility of bonus points.)

If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don’t like how I reward points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules!

As per tradition, the Challenge will be open to up to 20 participants with a minimum of 10. When the minimum amount is reached, the first task will be posted on the soonest Friday

I’ll allow signups after the first task is posted, but not if this means we reach more than 20 participants. (I also need some sleep )

To quote LC 27’s TM: The main aim of all this will be letting the dreamers grow in their ability to explore, use and interact with the dreamscape, plus developing confidence in their actions as well as new techniques, skills, and methods. This is more than a challenge - it is a personal adventure, that will guide you through the world of possibilities that is your dreams, growing better at this awesome and useful skill we call Lucid Dreaming, making it grow steadily, day by day, task by task.
^- I totally agree to this

Good luck everybody! I hope this LC will leave each and every one of you with a sense of accomplishment afterwards.

Sign-up List
1.(Name); (Average LD length); (Personal goal(s))

Getting in again. I’m a bit disappointed at my poor performance last challenge, as they were my favorite tasks yet. :sad: Hoping for a better run this time, since adjusting to a new sleep schedule isn’t an excuse anymore.~

Sign-up List

1. Thorn; 3-5 minutes; swim underwater

GM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

2. Scipio Xaos; 1.5 minutes; Reach the Portal

I’m in!! And Limitles, quote the previous post (LC 31) and add a link to LC 31 at the bottom of the list using URL bbcode.

k cool thx :content: i also found that last LC my LD’s increased alot!

GM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

3. Mimmo; 3-5 minutes; Find my other self and have him answer some questions

I’m in too.

GM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

Thorn; 3-5 minutes; swim underwater
Scipio Xaos; 1.5 minutes; Reach the Portal
Mimmo; 3-5 minutes; Find my other self and have him answer some questions 
c0ffee; 2-5 minutes; Fly oversea

Joined the forum just for this challenge, definitely worth trying.

GM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

4. c0ffee; 2-5 minutes; Fly oversea
  5. BeRightBack; 2-5 minutes; Teleport

hopefully we can get those 5 more people! i have some really interesting tasks, hehehe so dont be afraid people! just copy list and add your name

Ah, I guess this is that time of year when people get super busy with school and whatnot :tongue:. Come on people! It’s a great way to get motivation up!

Edit:
GM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

6. Rhewin; 5-7 minutes; Defeat Xander

Whaaat? I was already signed up… this is your imagination >.>

Edit to my edit: yeah… I had a “[b]” before my “[ /b]” <.<

GM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

7. ZRVera: 5 minutes; Rifle shooting practice

Also Rhe, it doesn’t show you’ve edited underneath your post until after someone has posted after you. :tongue:

TM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

8. GHOSTIE11: 2-5min; Getting to Ceeia

Silly people thinking its GameMaster when it is TaskMaster :tongue:

TM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

9. Nicklebrick : 10-25 minutes : Fly a dragon

Edit: Curse my lack of mod powers in Adventures!!

Er… this post doesn’t exist <.<

Everyone, Rhe? Not everyone. : P

TM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

10.noobdreamer: 3-5 minutes : transform into a cat

let’s see if i can do it :happy:

TM Limitles
LC #32 Sign-up List:

10. noobdreamer: 3-5 minutes : transform into a cat
  11. Puce; 7-10 minutes; board a ship and travel to a random location

Awesome! we have reached 10 so the first task will be starting the nearest Friday. Which with time differences im ganna have to figure this out… :neutral:

10. noobdreamer: 3-5 minutes : transform into a cat
  11. Puce; 7-10 minutes; board a ship and travel to a random location
  12. Geekboy; 3-5 minutes; meet a dear friend of mine

IM in im in!

Whoops, guess I shouldn’t be going “D: I dun wanna do my DJ this morning” since I should be keeping it again for the LC… Oh well, takes just two days to get it back. XD

Also, yay geeksie!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The first task will be posted a couple hours earlier due to conflict with me tonight :smile: