The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

Cult TV shows

Page 3 of 5Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author  Message 
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Wed 18 Feb, 2004  Reply with quote

cry Now in addition to Buffy having ended, they are cancelling Angel after series five! grrr

A few quotes...
'Bye mom. Thanks for storing my body on the lice pile instead of the maggot heap.'
The Host
There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb

'I didn’t ask for this responsibility, unlike some people, who shall remain lifeless!'
Cordelia
Parting Gifts

'I do not, however, understand why the woman who brutally tortured me last night gets pastries!'
Wesley
Sanctuary

'As much as I like your family - and they're great, honest, I'd really prefer if they didn't cannibalize me.'
Doyle
The Bachelor Party

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
odd2k
horribly unmotivated
Astral Explorer

If I remember correctly, one of the episodes of Buffy involved lucid dreaming. Giles dreamt that he was in this graveyard/amusement park. He entered a crypt and found Spike, who seemed to be the owner of the park. Suddenly, Giles took up his watch and looked at it, looked away, and back again. He then said "I know what this is."

He did not get a chance to do much, though, as he was hit in the head by some astral plane demon or something shortly after. wink

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

My favorite now is Babylon 5 and Stargate.

When i was younger it was MacGyver, i was so into MacGyver that i must have seen every episode atleast 5 times grin .

Rarosu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

The best show I've seen, by far, is 24. It's simply excellent. The story is so tight and the actors are wonderful. And the fact that Kimberly is the cutest girl I've ever seen doesn't make matters worse grin

sno_isulli
Lovestruck
cookie lover

PostPosted: Thu 19 Feb, 2004  Reply with quote

For all the huge Buffy fans (of which I am), did any of you guys watch Firefly (also by Joss Whedon) when it was on? True, it didn't last a full season on stupid Fox but that show absolutely rocks! So many laughs. . .

Sphynx

gone

Current LD goal(s): many

Last edited by Sphynx on Fri 07 May, 2004; edited 1 time in total
WaNnAbE
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

bowelfish wrote:
I concur. Very dark and surreal, yet with out saacrificing laughs, of which there were plenty. I loved the man wrongly convicted of murder who couldn't adjust to modern life. Doesn't sound funny, you had to see it, it was great.

Yes. I'm glad someone else watches it - not many people I know have even heard of it.

bowelfish wrote:
Nobody has mentioned spaced yet so I shall do so...

[really big Space picture here]

You know, I only ever saw 10 minutes of Spaced. At the time I didn't get it, but I think if I saw it now I would enjoy it. I think it involved someone dreaming they had woken up, and then something happening in the dream (can't remember what) and then waking up for real, and the same thing actually happening in real life. Or something like that. I could well be thinking of a completely different programme.

sno_isulli
Lovestruck
cookie lover

PostPosted: Fri 20 Feb, 2004  Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Arrested Development is great! I love how their crazy dad used to teach them not to do irresponsible things by always tying in the moral with the man who kept losing an arm. "And this is why you always leave a note!"

WaNnAbE
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2004  Reply with quote

Bowelfish - Almost solely on your recommendation, I've decided to buy the entire series 1 of Spaced on DVD.

It had better be good, or you're in trouble, punk!

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Tue 02 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

Since I am on post 1999 ... it reminded me of the series space 1999 that I used to watch. (mm showing my age a little )

There was an alien female in it who could shape shift into any animal she chose... Which is also a lucid dreaming ability that can be developed. ^^
Gerry Anderson created it.

Quote:
In the year 1999, Moonbase Alpha, nestled in the Lunar crater Plato, is a scientific research colony and watchdog over silos of atomic waste from Earth stored on the Moon's far side. On September 13, 1999, magnetic energy builds to cause an explosive chain-reaction of the waste, blasting the Moon out of Earth orbit and off the plane of the ecliptic, out of the Solar System. The inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha are unable to return to Earth and must survive on their wandering Moon as it is displaced further into unknown space by freak space warps. Along the way, they are joined by an alien woman with the ability to change herself into any living creature at will.

Here is a website about it http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/ showid-4026/Space_1999/

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com

My favorite show is The Twighlight Zone. I bought a compilation of the best episodes for about $70 a few months ago. If they bring out another volume of them, I will probably buy that also.

I have never been a fan of Star Trek or X Files. Don't know why.

As for Buffy and Angel. Can't stand that crap. Sorry for you die hard fans, but those shows are trash. Sorry to be so blunt. neutral

I really don't like any shows on television now. The only shows I watch are comedy shows and news. The comedy shows I watch now are Mr. Show, Upright Citizen's Brigade, Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons, Arrested Development, and MadTV. If it was a few years ago SNL would be on that list, but I can't watch it any more. They lost all of the good cast members.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

I love :
- "Twin peaks"
- Lars von Trier's "The Kingdom" (a TV show about a haunted hospital in Copenhagen)... (not the american remake with Stephen King's screenplay, I didn't see it).

linnun
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

Basilus West wrote:
I love :
- "Twin peaks"

Yay! Me too! I first time saw it when i was 11 years old, so it certainly had an impact on me. Scary, surreal and genious.

Also i liked Babylon 5 many years ago. Though im no longer sure if id like it these days, so i dont want to take the glow out of it by trying it out again.

Robin of Sherwood (1984-1986)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086791/
Excellent serie. I saw it as a little kid and now that i saw it again, im just amazed how damn good it was. Starg┼tes and such dont come even close in my books. Magick stuff is at least trying to be seemingly realistic. Like Robin in the Hood gets initiated by Druid living in forest for his job. There are christian leaders that do occult black magic in witch covenant. Hashishins (saracen merry man in picture) and Templar Knigts also appear. But most of all, it has great atmosphere, music and characters you really care for. Even the evil guys in this one are intresting and symphatetic.

+ TV movie Robin Hood and the Sorcerer (1983)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086202/
This TV 'movie' was like longer pilot episode for the serie.

Cynster
Twilight Princess
Somniologist
LD count: 1 maybe 2 LDs

The Simpsons, etc.
PostPosted: Mon 13 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

There is a Simpsons episode where Bart is dreaming about winning first prize for something and he wakes up and Lisa is saying "first prize, first prize, first prize", just messing with his mind while he dreams. That's a good one. ^^

There's another episode where Homer eats insanity peppers and trips out, which is more like a dream than a psychedlic trip if you ask me. Also a good one.

Other favorite shows of mine are (BBC) Absolutely Fabulous, The Young Ones, Coupling, The Office, and (USA) Family Guy, Futurama, That 70s Show, Buffy reruns (I never watched it when it was new for some reason, I love it now), Viva La Bam, South Park of course, and Starting Over.

Paradox
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 13 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

Whew, lots of these have already been listed, but I'll slap my list up here:

Farscape, Stargate (sg-1 & atlantis), Firefly, Jeremiah, Buffy, Smallville, Andromeda (before Michael Hewitt Wolfe left as lead writer), John Doe (was cancelled before the end of the first season, like Firefly...curses!), ALF, 7 Days, MacGuyver, and ummm, probably some more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head for fav TV shows, or cult or whatever.

Page 3 of 5Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

print   ShareShare