EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

Have any of you died in your lucid dreams?

Author  Message 
PaceMaster
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 26

Have any of you died in your lucid dreams?
PostPosted: Thu 10 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I want to know what dying in YOUR lucid dream is like and where YOUR mind took you after you died!

Current LD goal(s): To live
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

I've died a few times, sometimes in NLD and sometimes in LD and every time I woke up. Either was caused by my actions or by actions of DC...

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
lucidshinobi
Somniologist
Somniologist

i once died in ND.it was pretty good.i was standing in this place that i know.when someone kame and jsut puled a gun and shot at me.i didnt feel any pain and i slowely felt .it was like slow mo my head touched the ground and i slowly closed my eyes and just.....died neutral and woke up with this very odd felling.this felling of peace !!!

dreamincolor
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 320

I haven't met many people that actually continue their dream after they die, they usually wake up, so this one dream I had about 5 years ago always gives people the creeps when I tell them about it.

I was depressed at this time of my life and probably watched too many horror movies, so I attribute that to the dream. I was on top of a tall, probably 10 story building and I just stepped off the edge, wanting to kill myself. I felt myself land and crumple, heard snaps and crunches of bones and the skin on my back split open as it hits the pavement. I don't remember a whole lot of pain, just a little, but I do remember the feeling of wetness as blood dripped out of my split back. I got up, and struggled to crookedly walk down the street. I tried to get people's attention but they couldn't see me, I was dead. I could still feel the wet warm blood dripping down my face and down my leg. I was trying to find my family after that, to tell them I was dead.

Current LD goal(s): walk through a mirror
shinju
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

I died many times in dreams, but there were only 2 times the dream continued after I died

In one of them, it was the end of the world. I died, but my ...let's say, astral body flew to my house and soon enough I discovered I was completely alone and trapped in my house, I couldn't get anywhere else and after a while I woke up

In the second one, I don't remember how exatly I died, but again, there I was with my astral body flying around a completely empty white room with no exit. Again, I couldn't escape (even though I might have been able to fly through the walls, as my body wasn't solid...but yeah, it was a ND and I didn't)

But in both dreams, I remember feeling totally helpless and frustrated, and those feelings were so strong... it was awful.

/edit: aah, it was supposed to be dying in lucid dreams overspannen I guess this post is kind of offtopic, then

PaceMaster
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 26

That's awesome! ND stories are awesome as well!
@dreamincolor That is a very eerie dream! What were your emotions when you woke up?
@shinju I get that helpless feeling all the time in my dreams. Not fun.

Current LD goal(s): To live
miguelsoul
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 per Day

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I dont think so, but you let interested! Ill try to died!

Current LD goal(s): Discovering the possibility of Dream Within a Dream!
dreamincolor
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PaceMaster wrote:
@dreamincolor That is a very eerie dream! What were your emotions when you woke up?

lol I was a little weirded out, but I actually thought it was super cool! I wrote it down in my journal as detailed as I could. At the time I thought it was some poetic representation of my depression, but looking back now I think it was because I watched the japanese movie Suicide Club too many times ha ha.

BeRightBack
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BeRightBack has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 73

I once died a couple times in a row in a ND and re-appeared somewhere else a couple seconds later. Very interesting dream. During the dream I concluded there had to be life after that death, since I could continue to think for exactly 5 seconds after my body was vaporized by a nuke. When I realized it was just a dream, I was kind of disappointed that I still didn't know the true answer.

dreamincolor
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

BeRightBack wrote:
When I realized it was just a dream, I was kind of disappointed that I still didn't know the true answer.

I hate those dreams where you feel like you've revealed the answer to a divine question, and then you realize it's just a dream! but who knows, maybe you were right.

LordSameth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

In a ND I once died tripping over a bag of apples (really weird story) and instead of waking up I got to watch from a distance several people talking about my death.

In a LD I went to my death to save someone (I wasn't aware enough to just easily get them out) and I witnessed everything in detail all the way to a few seconds after. The dream ended there ...

Current LD goal(s): To master animal shapeshifting. Success in Eagle, Wolf, and Fish~
Ayv
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

When I died in the dream, I diedin real life...lol! But seriously, the few times I have died always caused me to wake up. It's rather boring, really.

Current LD goal(s): Flying for longr than a minute; talk to my Subconscious mind; Increase vividness
LordSameth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Tue 15 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

Ayv wrote:
When I died in the dream, I diedin real life...lol! But seriously, the few times I have died always caused me to wake up. It's rather boring, really.

If I die suddenly in a dream it wakes me up, but if it is slow and peaceful I can see past it.

Current LD goal(s): To master animal shapeshifting. Success in Eagle, Wolf, and Fish~
Magnificus
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I died in an LD I had like two years ago. I was flying straight upwards on this hover car, and I was like 20000 feet in the air when it suddenly stalled. I fell out and crashed into the ground really really hard. It killed me instantly and caused me to wake up.

Current LD goal(s): - Have a lucid dream by the end of July - Completely recall a dream
goog10
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 35 so far...

PostPosted: Thu 24 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I once had this lucid dream where i was flying over these tropical mountains and came to a village. There i went into a house, but then i lost control of the dream. A large man stuck me in a cage and broke my sisters leg and proceeded to kill me (despite my yelling 'This is a dream! He isnt real!') I just woke up rather annoyed. Usually when i die in nd's I just wake up, except for two times...

print