Why did I do this thing last morning?

Author  Message 
*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity
LD count: 24

Why did I do this thing last morning?
PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

This is pretty fascinating, and a little weird.
When I woke up this morning I for some reason opened Text Messages and sent this message to myself:

P:20

When I woke up a little later I noticed this in my inbox and I can't understand why I would do this.
The best explanation I have is that I was trying to set an alarm at 7:20, but why on Earth would I go into Text Messages and actually send it to myself?
Could I really have been so groggy that I believed this was how I set a new alarm time?
Because I've never done this before, not even in the mornings when I've felt super-tired.

Last edited by *Laurelindo* on Wed 04 Jan, 2012; edited 1 time in total
Faraday
Outworld Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: ~49

I understand how you feel , happens sometimes to me (not as fascinating as you , you sent a text message to yourself! :O) but, sometimes when my alarm goes off , i'm still half in the dream, and i turn the alarm off for a dream reason...
i.e: The dragon must stay asleep! I'm in trouble if he hear this alarm sadblauw

And of course when i wake up later i'm wondering why i stopped the alarm...

Current LD goal(s): Increase Lucidity / Find a way to LD when i want./ Find a DC i already met.
Tggtt
Quest Doctor
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

YES, you've answered your own question, *Laurelindo*!

In a way, you are lucky you didn't send to someone else than you!

I've done something similar more than once: I've set my alarm off thinking I was already awake, however, I slept instantly after that and got really late.

NibDreams
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 21

Sometimes when you have just woken up, you are still very confused and do things that don't make sense. Some have this more than others.

I even wake up sometimes seeing a wasp in my room, while not even thinking it's kinda odd to have one suddenly in my room. Then about 10 seconds later I slowly begin to realise it is a hallucination and I understand there was no wasp at all.

When I was younger I even talked to friends who appeared in my room. But they weren't really there either.

But in your case though, I think you were totally confused and just thought you were doing the right thing.

Current LD goal(s): Step into the world of my favorite game
BeRightBack
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BeRightBack has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 73

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

Alarm clocks can be really hard to understand when you wake up, phones probably even more. Sometimes I end up pulling every single plug from the sockets, because I'm clueless on how to end the annoying sound.

Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
LD4all addict
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d

I've forgotten how to turn of my alarm clock a few time myself. tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Limitles
Without Limits
Astral Explorer
LD count: 38ish

Things like this happen to me the second i wake up as i don't really understand whats going on. For instance one time my dad was waking me up for school but i was still REALLY tired and still basically asleep and i make up completely nonsense explanations for what happened. I would be thinking that i needed to turn on a lightbulb or what not before being able to get out of bed.

Current LD goal(s): shared dream, spend a week surviving in the wilderness, FLY!@!@
efstajas
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

When my mom wakes me up in the morning and instantly asks me something, like "what do you want on your toast", I sometimes reply total nonsense like "please let it stay over there" or "come on, stop throwing that book". However, when I'm fully awake a little later, I often still know that I said those things, like I was fully awake.
Also, alarm clocks sometimes don't work for me at all. I set them up in the evening and wake up late in the morning with the clock turned off. I can't remember turning it off then.

Strange.

Current LD goal(s): Flying.

print