The Signal

Phone Experiment

Author  Message 
GuardiaN
Somniologist
Somniologist

Phone Experiment
PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

Next time you are having a lucid dream get to a phone, pick it up, and dial a random number. Talk to them for a minute and see who they are. Post results here. I think it will either be somebody you know, a complete stranger, or the phone wont even work.

daysong
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

Sounds like a neat idea..

Also it might be cool to dial a number with intentions of speaking to a certain person. Instant dream contact! It might be helpful if you're looking for someone in a dream and can't find them.. maybe even a spirit guide siiw

GuardiaN
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

Yeah maybe the person you talk to is also dreaming, and they can hear your voice? But anyways people get going on this and tell me what happens ^^! I am going to try this to if I can remember in my next LD.

aydira
Somniologist
Somniologist

I had an LD where I was talking to my DC friend on the phone. I didn't have to dial a number though, I just picked up the phone and started talking to him. I saddly don't remember what he said but it worked for a bit and it was cool. grin Good experiment!

GuardiaN
Somniologist
Somniologist

Sounds interesting aydira! Last night I had a dream I was talking to somebody I know in r/l on MSN. It seemed so real, too bad I never tried reality checking the clock on the computer, or text on the screen. Everything she said made sense too, it wasn't random numbers and letters tounge2.

Nazca
Somniologist
Somniologist

If it's long distance, remember to call collect though, you don't wanna be stuck with any of those annoying dream-fees. :D
1-800-4-SPIRIT
In the event I have time, I WILL try this....Hm.

GuardiaN
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

I had a LD last night but it slipped my mind meh.

sparrowhawk
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 21 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

This sounds really cool.... if I ever have enough control in a dream I'll try it out... ! Anybody talking back to you would be interesting...

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Wed 21 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

A phone rang I a dream for me. When I answered a man I know was in the other end. I had a hard time hearing him because there where alot of people around me and they where making alot of noise.

PuddingBunny
The Pudding Watcher
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 24 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

I have called 3 persons this week. A friend, someone from the dutch forum and someone from the english forum.

It doesn't really matter which number i dial, but i usualy dial something that what i think is correct.

When i called my friend, i got his mother on the phone and she wouldn't let him on. I didn't succeed in contacting him, but he came walking by shortly after.

When i called the guy from the dutch forum, i got a decent conversation with him. I'm doing an experiment in which i'm looking for something at his house.

When i called brandi from this forum (not sure if forum nick is the same), i only got nonsense and couldn't get a word through at all tounge1

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

well last night.... i was having great difficulties in my dream, very frustrated

i wanted to have sex..... i know this is one of the most pointless things i can do in a dream, but i didn't care at the time.

so... i found a phone... and I dialed 0 for operator..... hoping to interface with my subconscious.... well.. i got a "this line has been disconnected" message.... angry, i hung up, and dialed 1-800-lucid-dream now... don't ask me how i did this, the key pad was hard to read and nonsensical... but.... i did it desiring to talk to a sort of dream hotline manager

so i asked him to find me REAL dreamers to have sex with.. he said he could...... he said there were like 3 in my area that met my desired specifications... and i said "great take me to them" or something... but it wasn't that simple... so.... I went, and I flew... and I invisioned a front desk... and came to a lucid dream center.

the guy was there, he had a computer, with the matches... none of the girls were very good looking at all.... i asked him, while he was at it, if he could find me real life people that would be willing to have sex with me from my high school.. he looked it up.. said he found a few... none of them on the computer were actually real people though.

the dream gets more pointless after that.

so let me go back to the phone, the second time i picked it up, someone was having a conversation on the other end, i think it was either my mom or my grandma talking to someone... i really really wish i had listened to it, because I remember one time hearing my mom talking on the phone while half awake, and I KNOW everything she said was REAL becuase she was talking to the cleaning lady about something... about her coming over this morning (on my day off) and about me sleeping, or something.... when I got up she told me that the cleaning lady WAS coming over today.

So I really really really should have listened to the convo, but anyway....

My other experience, is in trying to get people to visit me, sometimes I dial a random number and will the person to answer... when i did this in the particular dream i'm thinking of (almost a year old, if not more so) some guy answered, i asked if the girl i wanted to speak to was there, he said no....

i ended up getting "her" to come but it wasn't really her.

phones in dreams are very interesting.

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

i'm sorry to double post, but i can't seem to edit my posts in lucid laboratory, i guess that might be to keep people from cheating in collaborations or something, but maybe we should be able to for 15 minutes or so?

I also dialed 411 or 1411, or both.. trying to ask for help in getting an operator or something.

I just thought that might be important to include, as I just remembered it... I'm not sure if they gave me the number to call, the 1-800-lucid-dream or whatever... or if I just figured it was worth a try... but they weren't helpful at all.... didn't make much sense.

Pilot
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

...I end up lucid downstairs, getting the cordless phone to call my subconscious. I dial 0 but other numbers are on the display, END button also not working as in actuality. I reset it by putting it on the stand, again dial 0 for operator to connect me to subconscious. She tells me something about University but can't make out a part. I ask her to repeat four times, still no clue what she said...

PuddingBunny
The Pudding Watcher
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 02 May, 2004  Reply with quote

I tried calling moogle this morning, however i failed in that. I don't know anything about her number, so i just pressed random buttons with the intention to get moogle on the line.

I got someone on the line, a girl i think, but she was making annoying sounds, like singing or smth. I'm 100% sure that it wasn't moogle.

Hivemind
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 04 May, 2004  Reply with quote

I might of had a partial LD once because of a phone.I was trapped on this mountain with some people and couldn't get down,but I had an emergency telephone I could use.I found out that in dreams you couldn't call 911, but you had to call a random 7-digit phone number and hope that a DC would call 911 for you.

I don't know why I never figured to fly down the mountain.At least I knew it was a dream,sort of.

print