EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 117
The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

Can You Describe A Feeling From Lucid Dream?

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author  Message 
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

Can You Describe A Feeling From Lucid Dream?
PostPosted: Wed 14 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

It looks to me like there is no way to describe with words that feeling when you are lucid or when you become lucid. You are somewhere unknown or better yet known place and it's all very real and then you do RC, all that rush, excitement, fullness amazingness and I don't know what else.

But all that is like describing a magical place without magic, if you get me. Why I started this topic is because it seems that what ever I do or however I try to describe to people lucid dreaming they are not just amazed as they could be.

For instance take my best friend. He's very open minded person but he just don't want to gave in on idea of lucid dreaming. I've talked to him about that, with time he started to mention lucid dreaming and asking me questions. With some time he noticed improvement in DR just because we talked about dreams. Even some dreams he explained me and some states he found himself in. I thought him everything I could, he's amazed with idea yet he's not trying, why?

I guess part of guilt for his rejection is on me because I told him that achieving lucidity requires quite a work and dedication and he's feels at the time that he doesn't have time for that kind of dedication...

So I thought if I could just describe him the feeling until he gets to experienced it for himself I could motivate him to try and learn lucid dreaming but it seems that words just can't do the work...

If you have any thought on that share them! ^^

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
Slumbie
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I think the feeling(s) might depend on the dreamer and how experienced he/she is. But I think excitement, freedom and omg-I-did-it-i'm-lucid-huzzah-I'll-fly-away-now are the usual feelings. Someone might be shocked a little too, though I doubt it. tounge2 Then there's an increase in creativity for me and a rush when I try to decide what to do.

Current LD goal(s): To have my first long and vivid lucid dream.
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

I'm not talking directly about creativity or what you can do but the sensation of knowing that you are in a dream or better to say in a place that is amazing yet you know that you are actually asleep and you can actually think and make decisions just like in WL, you can stop and think, think man, dreams are not radical as they were to you before, it's like crazy reality yet dream then again reality because your brain doesn't know whether is a physical sensation or mind sensation - that kinda feeling!

But thanks on the reply! Cheers! ^^

LD count: 5 short ones

PostPosted: Thu 15 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

I tried for a year with no luck then evetually managed and although hard to put it into words ypu can tell him it would have been worth waiting ten years for.

Current LD goal(s): have more and lengthier LD's.
Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

PostPosted: Thu 15 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

Besides the usual excitement and what was already mentioned, my feelings can vary. I might feel like the whole dream, with all its details rushes towards me, inside me, becomes a part of me. Or maybe, I am the dream and the dream is me, I can feel everything that surrounds me, and I'm not only talking about physical things of the dreamworld, but I can feel the dream, the emotions, my emotions, just a hundred times stronger than in real life.

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
Slenderfan
shhh only dreams now
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 24

PostPosted: Fri 16 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

Quote:
But I think excitement, freedom and omg-I-did-it-i'm-lucid-huzzah-I'll-fly-away-now are the usual feelings.

I had no feeling when i noticed that i´m in lucid, i instantly started experimenting turn3

Don Anonymus
Novice dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: Not specified

The feeling when becoming lucid is a mixture between a lot of excitement, joy and freedom, which tend to be overcome by the fear of the unknown and of something going wrong. Amongst ones first LDs, it would just be anxiety and panic attacks, as they are not used to it. But slowly the delight, rush and most of all, the 'emancipation' of struggle to reach the goal will make one forget about all their fears.

dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

@ Leijona:

Exactly, but mine concern is that this is very hard to describe someone that doesn't know what you're talking about, to me it makes perfect sense but to others it may feel just like words. Something like if you describe someone that you've been on Hawaii and how great it was that and that's all they have, just a description of a place or feeling...

@ Dri0m:

Quote:
I had no feeling when i noticed that i´m in lucid, i instantly started experimenting

It seems to me like you just went on automatic mode even though you were lucid, that's what I'm trying to change, I'm trying to be lucid in every aspect, sometimes when I want to stop if feels like the dream is pulling me forward, but that's discussion for another topic!

@ Don Anonymus:

Agree, but the first experience doesn't have to be terrifying, I guess it's very different from person to person but there is nothing like that feeling, at lest I didn't experienced it... ^^

Thanks for the replays!

Slenderfan
shhh only dreams now
Lucid Initiate

Quote:
It seems to me like you just went on automatic mode even though you were lucid

hmm, i don´t think so, because i walked in that dream and tried to fly, then i woke up.... and i still fully remember that dream, just like if it was real smile

*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

I think you can actually get a fairly similar taste of what a lucid dream feels like even in real life.
Stop for a moment and observe yor surroundings, then really imagine that all you see, hear and feel is actually part of a dream.
Then start walking around and observing everything, and never take anything for granted - imagine that anything may await you around the corner, pretend that there are lots of strange and unfamiliar creatures in that forest in the distance, and look at houses and buildings and ask yourself "what will I find in there if I walk inside?".
All these surrealistic thoughts, combined with the LD imagination, will eventually create a feeling very similar to a LD.

dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

*Laurelindo* wrote:
I think you can actually get a fairly similar taste of what a lucid dream feels like even in real life.
Stop for a moment and observe yor surroundings, then really imagine that all you see, hear and feel is actually part of a dream.
Then start walking around and observing everything, and never take anything for granted - imagine that anything may await you around the corner, pretend that there are lots of strange and unfamiliar creatures in that forest in the distance, and look at houses and buildings and ask yourself "what will I find in there if I walk inside?".
All these surrealistic thoughts, combined with the LD imagination, will eventually create a feeling very similar to a LD.

But can you actually tell someone what you experienced or how it felt? Can you put this into words?

But I get what you are saying. I develop tendency to just stop with everything and observe, specially if the surroundings is awesome by itself... then a little imagination and that can work very well for the mood! ^^

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

I've never been in that situation, but I can sort of imagine it. I've always dreamed (horrible pun) of something like a LD, but never got to it.

I guess it feels lonely, but a good, personal kind of lonely like "I'm free now and nobody will bother me". Besides the obvious excitement of course. It must also feel like you're out of time and space, knowing that on the outside you're lying in the dark and the world is more or less at sleep, but it doesn't affect you now, life can wait for tonight.

And when you get to do what you've always wanted to do, it must feel...it must touch you deeply. You'd feel satisfied and gain insight about yourself or something else. And you'd probably wish it would last forever too.

Paulius
Carbon-based lifeform
Dream Deity
LD count: 31

You know the feeling when you are in a rollercoaster, upside down, excited, full of adrenaline? Well, multiply that by 10x, add some freedom, remove the laws of physics, give yourself some magic abilities and you should be somewhere close to what a LD feels like.

Current LD goal(s): Have a lightsaber duel with a DC.
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

Paulius wrote:
You know the feeling when you are in a rollercoaster, upside down, excited, full of adrenaline? Well, multiply that by 10x, add some freedom, remove the laws of physics, give yourself some magic abilities and you should be somewhere close to what a LD feels like.

grin Well said Paulius. Oh and congrats on your 2 LD's in one night! (saw that in what made you happy topic smile )

ChristyDreams29
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Yeah

I think you should tell him that he could get a Dream recorder, a digital tape recorder to record dreams, then he'd be able to do that in no time. He can sum up a really huge dream, it works for me. I have experianced feelings in my dream like all the sudden my throat was hurting and all the sudden I'd have to go to the bathroom. I feel that one alot. Anyways, that's all I have so far. haha. smile

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare