The 'Natural High'

Hey guys :smile:
So I’ve always been interested in the mind and all it has to offer and lately got into recording my dreams, I must admit I’m never really strict with anything I do e.g. I did start mediation once which lasted about a two days xD
Anyway lately I’ve been experiencing some kind of natural high every now and again sometimes a few times a night such as now, I’m not sure what brings it on, I’m really into music (Drums) and I sometimes get carried away when listening to a song but recent weather also had me in a very good mood as well as just random times of feeling really excited lol
I can’t decide if its hormones (me being 18), the weather, music triggered or just the fact I’m feeling good nowadays but its kinda cool :smile:

Yeah, it’s not just you, it’s something all humans experience.
When you listen to music and drift away, it’s a kind of a trance, but it’s very normal and nothing to worry about.

Weather can also make you happy, I tend to be happier when it’s sunny than when it’s cloudy. Songs can also do that, either because they are simply cheerful songs or because of what they are ‘‘anchored’’ to. Now I’m going into NLP and hypnosis, but basically if you listened a song when you were happy several times, it becomes an anchor for happiness so it would go in reverse in future; if you listen to that song, it triggers happiness. I hope all that made sense :smile:

Yeahh that makes sense, I wasn’t worried or anything though :smile:
I find this very interesting if anyone else wants to post their similar ‘random’ moods and what triggers them =]

I sometimes get “natural high” from music I listen (mostly jazz and psychedelic rock). It makes me feel some way different. I can’t say it in words, but sometimes while listening to music walking home from somewhere I start to feel like I am no longer walking in street. Rather walking somewhere in a strange dream. It is a really strange feeling. I have heard that when you are under certain situations and you hear or see something amazing in your brain distinguishes some materials (I don’t know how to call it) you start to feel strange or good. It works kind like drug :happy:

Physical exercise combined with music can give an amazing feeling. If the mood and music is right, I get goosebumps all over, chills, cold sweat, and it feels like my energy is more than doubled. My favourite so far is the rowing machine at the gym combined with epic soundtrack style music.

Everything makes me high, it’s all a drug :smile:

I used to meditate alot during the stressful school year. After coming out of a 20 minute meditation, I’d feel extremely relaxed and the most amazing natural high.
Another great one is working out or exercising. It gives you those bodily sensations that just feel fantastic and relaxing.

[color=green]Every once in a while music would make my natural high kick in, but now it usually happens when I’m really sleepy, when I get a random thought or just at random. But I wonder exactly how the natural high happens within the brain chemically. :uh: Guess thats something to look up in spare spare time

:yinyang: Reading a few of these posts helpped me realize that I need to stay consistant with my meditation. :om: