EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 124
The Spirit of Giving XIII
print ShareShare 

Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SSILD) Part II

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 13 of 15Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Author  Message 
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
47
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

Lucid Wolf wrote:
cosmic.iron wrote:
One other thing I'd like to mention is the use of supplement. I highly suggest the combination of Galantamine + Choline Bitartrate + Alpha GPC. This is proven to enhance WILD, but it is even better with SSILD.

Very interesting! I don't supplement so my knowledge in this area is a little weak. I'd sort of been under the impression that galantamine and choline fit best with those who used the WILD method. But my own experience with SSILD is that it generates lots of DILDs (especially DILDs via false awakening.) Is there something special about SSILD that makes it uniquely well-suited for this supplementation or is this the general "lucid dreaming cocktail" that you like the best, regardless of technique?

Also, what dosages and timings do you typically use/recommend for this combo? Is this a "right before bed" thing or "right before you perform SSILD cycles" thing?

Is supplementation you still do yourself? Even though you clearly have no need for supplementation in order to have LDs (as you have thousands!), do you still personally prefer the enhanced clarity and recall that comes from this supplement mixture?

The combination is used as both a "trigger" and a LD enhancement. When used as a trigger with WILD, it generally takes a long time to work. First the supplements have to cross the blood brain barrier, and that takes time. Secondly, WILD itself is not that quick -- between getting relaxed and entering the trance it may well take an hour or even more! SSILD, on the other hand, does not require you to stay awake for that long. You do your normal cycles and fall to sleep. As you sleep, the supplements begin to have effect on your brain. Now combine this effect with SSILD, you will end up having a VERY high chance to have multiple DILDS, OBEs, FAs, and etc. With this combo you have very high success rate, and at the same time it is not very demanding and works quickly.

As for taking supplements I mainly do it for experiments which I do all kinds. You should see my wife's face when she saw me wearing all those magnetic chips and wires from the Shakti device, LOL. However, I do find the supplements very beneficial so I take them from time to time. SSILD is like a good sports car but it doesn't run well on low-grade fuel, and the supplements are like premium gas which will bring out the performance.

This is what I do on my "supplement day":

1. Take Melatonin an hour or two before I go to bed. This allows me to take advantage of REM rebound.

2. Wake up after 4 hours (I do this naturally).

3. Take 8mg Galantamine, 500mg Choline Bitartrate, 300mg GPC.

4. Stay awake for 5 to 10 minutes.

5. Go to bed and perform 5-6 cycles of SSILD.

6. Go to sleep.

That's all it takes. Just in case you wake up without experiencing LD, you should remind yourself to perform an RC, and then do another round of SSILD.

Hope that helps. smile


back to top
Lucid Wolf
Canis Lucidus
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Last Visit: 10 Dec 2012
LD count: 52
 
PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

cosmic.iron wrote:
As for taking supplements I mainly do it for experiments which I do all kinds. You should see my wife's face when she saw me wearing all those magnetic chips and wires from the Shakti device, LOL.


I had to get Google to tell me what Shakti was! smile Ha ha, that's hilarious... I am trying to imagine the look on my wife's face if I announced that tonight I would be sleeping with a flashing electromagnetic helmet! So funny.

Thanks for all of the other info on your supplementation approach. Very interesting stuff.



Current LD goal(s): Stand on top of the Great Pyramid.
back to top
NAIAD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
25
Posts: 24
Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Last Visit: 31 Jan 2013
LD count: 0
Location: UK
 
PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

Cosmic, are reality checks necessary with this method?


Current LD goal(s): Have a lucid dream!
back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
47
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

NAIAD wrote:
Cosmic, are reality checks necessary with this method?
It's not mandatory, but why not? Please try to read the entire thread as there are a lot of valuable information buried inside.


back to top
SnakeBelt
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 56
Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Last Visit: 18 Jul 2015
LD count: Lots and lots
 
PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

Last night I set my alarm for 4am. I stayed up for twenty minutes. I went to bed and did the SSILD cycles. I lost my place a couple of times. At the end I was sort of half asleep, half awake. I drifted off to sleep. I woke about three times, did an RC each time and each time I was awake. I had zero dream recall. What now?


Current LD goal(s): Fly faster
back to top
NAIAD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
25
Posts: 24
Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Last Visit: 31 Jan 2013
LD count: 0
Location: UK
 
PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

After a few nights of nothing with this method I extended the WBTB time, and something strange happened. I had two dreams and sort of analysed them while I was still asleep, I thought, these seem weird, then I woke up a bit into sleep paralysis before going back into the dream but when I tried to speak there was only a static sound. The next few dreams were a series of false awakenings where I was at home (I'm at university now) and I noticed strange things, but in each one I tried to change the scenery, so it was like a dream inside a dream, before I came back to my bedroom again. I even told a dream character I was dreaming. So was this low level lucidity?


Current LD goal(s): Have a lucid dream!
back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
47
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

SnakeBelt wrote:
Last night I set my alarm for 4am. I stayed up for twenty minutes. I went to bed and did the SSILD cycles. I lost my place a couple of times. At the end I was sort of half asleep, half awake. I drifted off to sleep. I woke about three times, did an RC each time and each time I was awake. I had zero dream recall. What now?

Getting close actually. Try wake up one hour later, reduce wake up time by 5-10 minutes, and see how it goes.


back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
47
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

NAIAD wrote:
After a few nights of nothing with this method I extended the WBTB time, and something strange happened. I had two dreams and sort of analysed them while I was still asleep, I thought, these seem weird, then I woke up a bit into sleep paralysis before going back into the dream but when I tried to speak there was only a static sound. The next few dreams were a series of false awakenings where I was at home (I'm at university now) and I noticed strange things, but in each one I tried to change the scenery, so it was like a dream inside a dream, before I came back to my bedroom again. I even told a dream character I was dreaming. So was this low level lucidity?

This is quite common with SSILD and no need to worry. It indeed is a low level lucidity.


back to top
SnakeBelt
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 56
Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Last Visit: 18 Jul 2015
LD count: Lots and lots
 
PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

cosmic.iron wrote:
SnakeBelt wrote:
Last night I set my alarm for 4am. I stayed up for twenty minutes. I went to bed and did the SSILD cycles. I lost my place a couple of times. At the end I was sort of half asleep, half awake. I drifted off to sleep. I woke about three times, did an RC each time and each time I was awake. I had zero dream recall. What now?

Getting close actually. Try wake up one hour later, reduce wake up time by 5-10 minutes, and see how it goes.


I woke at 5am and did the cycles. I felt quite awake during the cycles - mind didn't really wander like it has done when I tried SSILD at 4am - and after I was too awake to get back to sleep. Waking at 5am is quite unusual for me so I'll keep trying for 5am (unless you advise otherwise).



Current LD goal(s): Fly faster
back to top
NAIAD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
25
Posts: 24
Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Last Visit: 31 Jan 2013
LD count: 0
Location: UK
 
PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

cosmic.iron wrote:
NAIAD wrote:
After a few nights of nothing with this method I extended the WBTB time, and something strange happened. I had two dreams and sort of analysed them while I was still asleep, I thought, these seem weird, then I woke up a bit into sleep paralysis before going back into the dream but when I tried to speak there was only a static sound. The next few dreams were a series of false awakenings where I was at home (I'm at university now) and I noticed strange things, but in each one I tried to change the scenery, so it was like a dream inside a dream, before I came back to my bedroom again. I even told a dream character I was dreaming. So was this low level lucidity?

This is quite common with SSILD and no need to worry. It indeed is a low level lucidity.


Last night I think I was on the verge of an OBE again: I felt this energy and ringing in my head, I tried to go with it but nothing happened. Am I doing anything wrong?



Current LD goal(s): Have a lucid dream!
back to top
NAIAD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
25
Posts: 24
Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Last Visit: 31 Jan 2013
LD count: 0
Location: UK
 
PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

Last night I had a burst of awareness but the dream collapsed almost instantly, and I ended up in a fuzzy state between sleep and being awake, only aware of my paralysed body. Am I getting closer?


Current LD goal(s): Have a lucid dream!
back to top
Resa
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Resa has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
23
Posts: 58
Joined: 04 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 16 Oct 2018
Location: United Kingdom/the Netherlands
 
PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012  Reply with quote

Just something I wanted to share with you all:

Last week a very good friend of mine died, and I really couldn't accept it. There was just so much I wanted to say to her. So I then I thought of lucid dreaming, and I wanted a quick result. So I thought, let's try this easy sounding technique, SSILD.

And it worked better than I could have imagined. Woke up at 5, did the cycle 5 times and fell asleep straight into an LD. I called my friend and there she was. We had a good conversation and said goodbye. She really comforted me, told me I was the one who was sad, and that she never had any pain. Now I can finally move on. I promised not to go to her again.

I really want to thank the person who started this thread. I recommend it to all of you.

And, this is a great example of how LD'ing can help you with dealing with problems.



Current LD goal(s): Be more consistent with RC's.
back to top
Kache_
Night King
Somniologist
24
Posts: 225
Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Last Visit: 19 Feb 2018
LD count: a lot
Location: Ottawa
 
PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2012  Reply with quote

Wings wrote:
Last week a very good friend of mine died


Really sorry for your loss. Congratulations with your success though!


back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
47
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2012  Reply with quote

Wings wrote:
Just something I wanted to share with you all:

Last week a very good friend of mine died, and I really couldn't accept it. There was just so much I wanted to say to her. So I then I thought of lucid dreaming, and I wanted a quick result. So I thought, let's try this easy sounding technique, SSILD.

And it worked better than I could have imagined. Woke up at 5, did the cycle 5 times and fell asleep straight into an LD. I called my friend and there she was. We had a good conversation and said goodbye. She really comforted me, told me I was the one who was sad, and that she never had any pain. Now I can finally move on. I promised not to go to her again.

I really want to thank the person who started this thread. I recommend it to all of you.

And, this is a great example of how LD'ing can help you with dealing with problems.

Wow... Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us. We spent a great deal of effort to develop this technique, and your post single-handedly made all that feel worthwhile!


back to top
KimokaJane
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 70
Joined: 07 May 2012
Last Visit: 10 May 2014
LD count: 15
 
PostPosted: Fri 26 Oct, 2012  Reply with quote

That's a nice story. Thats pretty awesome, Wings.

Wings wrote:
Just something I wanted to share with you all:

Last week a very good friend of mine died, and I really couldn't accept it. There was just so much I wanted to say to her. So I then I thought of lucid dreaming, and I wanted a quick result. So I thought, let's try this easy sounding technique, SSILD.

And it worked better than I could have imagined. Woke up at 5, did the cycle 5 times and fell asleep straight into an LD. I called my friend and there she was. We had a good conversation and said goodbye. She really comforted me, told me I was the one who was sad, and that she never had any pain. Now I can finally move on. I promised not to go to her again.

I really want to thank the person who started this thread. I recommend it to all of you.

And, this is a great example of how LD'ing can help you with dealing with problems.


back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 13 of 15Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next


print   ShareShare 

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  

LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~
created and copyright by pasQuale. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB © 2001,2005 phpBB Group ~