Rainbow Connection

Lucid dreams can easily be forgettable

Author  Message 
Mr18111
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Lucid dreams can easily be forgettable
PostPosted: Wed 27 Jun, 2012  Reply with quote

So the other night I recalled a dream where all I really remember is becomin lucid. I went back to sleep that night after a wake back to bed and started to dream. THe first thing I remember is that I should be dreaming so I do a nose reality check but it fails. Next I look at my hand and see seven fingers. I know I'm dreaming. I also try to put my hand through my other hand but it doesn't work.

The few parts I remember are not vivid and have low lucidity. The only other thing I remember is looking up at the horizon and rubing my hands together to enhance the dream, it worked a little. Then there is like a whole 15 minutes of memory that are just blank. A whole dream lost to bad recall. After that I only remember telling my friend Ben I was dreaming and then I woke up. I have The strongest feeling that my recall shorted out for the whole duration of my lucidity sadblauw

I just figured I'd remind every to keep working on their re call so they dont loose any opportunities like I may have done, sweet dreaming!

-Matt

ChristyDreams29
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

me too

I don't forget Ld's but I have a hard time the second week remembering dreams that I would like to remember. I think we should just keep trying. smile

Mr18111
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Well how do you know you have not forgotten any? And yes it would always be wise to keep trying with recall smile

Paulius
Carbon-based lifeform
Dream Deity
LD count: 31

Yes, it's pretty easy to forget LD's. One morning I did the routine of writing down my dreams that I recalled. Then I went on to my daily stuff. When I was eating breakfast, I was thinking about lucid dreams. And then it hit me - I've forgotten to write down one more dream during which I was actually lucid. I jumped to my DJ before that memory faded away :D

Current LD goal(s): Have a lightsaber duel with a DC.
Mr18111
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jun, 2012  Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
Yes, it's pretty easy to forget LD's. One morning I did the routine of writing down my dreams that I recalled. Then I went on to my daily stuff. When I was eating breakfast, I was thinking about lucid dreams. And then it hit me - I've forgotten to write down one more dream during which I was actually lucid. I jumped to my DJ before that memory faded away :D

That's sort of how this went for me. Haha I did not even realize that I went mildly lucid the other night until a little after waking up

Frequent
Class 2 Lucid Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: 26

I had a couple of lucid dreams to where all i remember is becoming lucid. Just lie in the bed until the dream comes back, if it dosen't it's ok you will have more lucid dreams.

Current LD goal(s): Eat apple pie , spray web like spiderman
Mr18111
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

It's kinda funny how sometimes a dream fragment or even a whole dream will pop into my head in the morning even when I think I can't remember any more. I just find my self thinking "where the hell did that come from?"

print