Can't stop having dreams

moved from lounge :moogle:

The love of my life left me about a year ago for another girl he had been seeing behind my back. A few mOnths ago I moved to Florida to get away from that wretched town I oncE lived in. Ever since I moved here I have had 4 or more dreams a week about him and other women, although were still together in thedream. I havent succeeded much at lucidity so I have trouble just changing my dream. Any suggestions to stop it??

All I can say is to make peace with it. I’ve had similar nightmares countless times. Sometimes I resigned myself, other times I proudly decided to move on instead. Getting those hopeless situations out of my mental “wishlist” was the best thing I could do about it.

It isn’t easy and it isn’t fast, but which good things are afterall?

I have tried very hard. The only time I think about it anymore is when I wake up from a dream. I just can’t get the dreams to stop. I have no desire for him anymore:( it just sucks dreaming o him often

Then it will go away in time. It has to.

You can still have occasional dreams like that, I do too, but they won’t be as emotionally charged. Maybe even not at all.

Have you tried using that as a dream sign for getting lucid? :content:

Well see that is my problem. When I am in a dream I really can’t tell it’s a dream. I assume everything is real!

Check out the tutorial about recognizing dream signs here on LD4all, it might be useful. When I had a reoccuring and very emotionally strong DS, it helped me to think a lot about what I haven’t realized in the dream and what exactly should have made me realize that I’m dreaming. Telling myself over and over again (mantras) that said thing is my DS which is easy to realize and which I WILL recognize in future dreams was also very helpful.

Yea, I’ve had stress in my day to day life and my dreams reflect that. I got over the “thing behind me” and running slo-mo but it’s the “I can’t catch it” dreams that get me! I had them alot for about 2 months when I was super stressed in life. Like, someone would steal my bicycle and I would chase them, almost catch them, they’d disappear, I’d ask other people if they saw it and they say yes but i search and search. I read someone’s article onconcentrating on what you WANT to dream about as you fall asleep. It seemed to help distract me a little. Don’t give your subconcious a chance to torture you. Think of a happy memory as you doze off. I’m going to keep an eye on your problem as I haven’t seen a satisfactory solution (that works for me) to avoid certain dreams

sandy, I will do what I can to keep you updated. I will try it :smile:
It will be tough, I am the type to sit up for hours trying to fall asleep dwelling on all the bad things in my life.

I get something similar too. As soon as I try to sleep, a dam opens and every worry, regret, fear and negative thought in general starts tormenting me. Thankfully I fall asleep fast.