How much time do you need to write your dreams every morning

Author  Message 
Tenoz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

How much time do you need to write your dreams every morning
PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012  Reply with quote

Hello,

I just wanted to know how much time do you need every morning to write all the dreams you had during the night ?

Personally, I think I waste too much time... Maybe 30min every day to write 3-4 dreams and thanks to that, I'm often late at work !

I should try to write faster, but I have to remember precisely the dreams, to think of any interesting details etc. so... ^^

What about you ?

DaveTheJoker
The Gangsta of Love
Novice dreamer
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2012  Reply with quote

Keywords help when I am pressed for time. If I am not, I usually take up to a half an hour to write them out.

Current LD goal(s): Ask a DC:
Ryley
Eater of Oatmeal
Novice dreamer
LD count: A whole bunch

You could voice record them if you feel it to be more efficient. I usually take about half an hour also.

Current LD goal(s): Wrestle a bear, and possibly a lion. It must be fair.
Bean Head :D
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

I usually take about 15 mins at most, I used to take about 30 mins but I learned to write faster + write the most important details down.
also set yourself a target, E.G: wake up 10 mins early which already would give u an advantage, and then say I will be done by (whatever time is in about 15 mins) and when it reaches that time literally stop straight away or finish off by writing down the most important stuff and finish off later or leave it at that because u will proabably remember what happened from the keywords, just think about the dream so it is embedded in your mind while your driving to work + getting dressed.

Hope I helped. :D

Current LD goal(s): Get back into Lucid Dreaming [ ]
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 353—19/07/11
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

Sadly, I'm out of proper habit and wait until the night before bed to write my dreams down. When I do write them though, the times vary depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Some nights I finish within half an hour, and others, like tonight, take me over an hour as I'm busy IRCing away simulataneously... ^^

Current LD goal(s): Engage L.E.A.F. Extras for the VALGEAR.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Tenoz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I already wake up 10min earlier (7h10 insteand of 7h20), but i think i'm gonna wake up at 7:00 now wink5

As I'm still looking for my dreamsigns, I prefere writing everything I remember. Not just principal ideas hoping I will remember the whole story later.
I usually have a pretty bad memory due to my lack of concentration in my daily life.

It was kinda frustrating this morning when I woke up. I was dreaming about lucid dream, talking about it to every DC, and didn't even think to RC or take conscious of what was going on !

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

That sounds pretty fast for me. Yesterday it took me 30 minutes to write down 2 detailed dreams...When I noticed that it takes me quite some time to write down my dreams I also began to set my alarm a few minutes earlier than before.

Don't be frustrated by the dream, I would give a lot for such a dream right now. wink It means that you are focussed on the subject of LDing. Just add a bit of extra awareness and you will get your LD's!

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
Lucid Wolf
Canis Lucidus
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 52

It's usually about 15 minutes to do my dreams in the morning. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can manage to stagger out of bed to write in the dream journal, those dreams will take about 10, sometimes 15 minutes.

Lucid dreams sometimes take longer, though, because the recall is so vivid (and the dream is so important to me.)

Tenoz wrote:
It was kinda frustrating this morning when I woke up. I was dreaming about lucid dream, talking about it to every DC, and didn't even think to RC or take conscious of what was going on !

Heh heh heh... don't feel bad. I've been there too. I once had a long, quite vivid dream that took place in "The Lucid Sports Bar" where every television in the place was showing broadcasts about sports that people play while lucid dreaming. I just sat there watching those televisions, thinking how great it would be if I could only have a lucid dream. This went on and on and I never thought to reality check!

Current LD goal(s): Stand on top of the Great Pyramid.
Tenoz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Lucid Wolf wrote:
I once had a long, quite vivid dream that took place in "The Lucid Sports Bar" where every television in the place was showing broadcasts about sports that people play while lucid dreaming. I just sat there watching those televisions, thinking how great it would be if I could only have a lucid dream. This went on and on and I never thought to reality check!

Haha, we feel so dumb when we wake up ! tounge1

Anyway guys, thank you for the support !

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

I never write my dreams down on a paper, if I want to remember a dream I play through entire dream (at a faster rate) and thus I remember the dream, I sometimes use keywords if I feel I cant trust my mind tounge1

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Mr18111
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Ten to fifteen minutes

Wulf
Tawny wolf
Astral Explorer

For a long dream around 15 minutes, always straight into my dreamjournal (no pens or paper). I am a very fast typer, but I always check my English grammar 3 times kiekeboe .

Zan
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

I usually take... about 5 minutes or less? Depends on how long the dream is and how much I remember, though... often I need some time so sit around and think if anything else comes to mind. Also, I'm still new to this and rarely remember more than 2 dreams, usually just one (though I guess this gets better as I remember more and more)
It helps to wake up a bit before you have to, so you have time to write any eventual dreams.

Current LD goal(s): Trying to get more LDs, making the LD last longer
busesandtaxis
dreaming is free
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

This is a great question.

It usually takes about 15 minutes and it's the first thing I do in the morning. My problem is my handwriting... sometimes I can't understand what I wrote whatsthat
And I thought about writing it down again later but it seems like a waste of time.

Also, what do you do when you don't sleep in your house and you don't have your journal or something like that? For example, I went to my aunt's house for a few days and I didn't take my journal but I took some notes and when I got home I wrote them with more detail (luckly I remembered most of it).

Current LD goal(s): To LD more often
Autumn
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 20 +

PostPosted: Fri 01 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

I kept a written journal and it would take me an hour! Then I started typing andthat worked better. Now I just voice record on my phone while I'm driving to work! I like this method the best!

Current LD goal(s): speaking with SC, Find dream guide

print