EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Is lucid a sin?-Part II

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
sage
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Posts: 604
Joined: 20 Jan 2003
Last Visit: 04 Mar 2014
Location: Neither here nor there.
 
PostPosted: Tue 28 Oct, 2003  Reply with quote

mike_dpw wrote:
if you're gonna argue this, please give an actual argument and not just meaningless filler like...


Like all this talk of "past lives" that you seem to regard as fact? overspannen

Everyone has their beliefs and ultimately none of these beliefs can be proven, no matter what they are. Someone believing in Jesus is no more less logical than you believing in past lives. Everyone at some point has to make a blind leap of faith and place their whole belief system on a foundation that could be dubious. So really, the only question is "Does your belief system serve you?" If so, great; if not, change it. But don't judge another's beliefs because you don't agree with them, even if they seem illogical.... because ultimately, yours are too.


back to top
clarkkent
cookie lover
cookie lover
Posts: 1103
Joined: 01 Oct 2003
Last Visit: 06 Apr 2013
LD count: 100
Location: Smallville
 
PostPosted: Tue 28 Oct, 2003  Reply with quote

mike_dpw wrote:
Clarkkent - I really hope you sit down and do some serious thinking. It seems as though you (like many, many other people) simply accept what they were tought by their parents and church as fact, and don't question it at all. And I know that is not easy to do, these things are ingrained deep in your brain, and it's hard to even consider they might not be correct. If you were to do this, and you still thought that god is the most logical explanation. . .then thats fine. But I don't think you have, you have just accepted it without question.

Oh and by the way, cursing is not a sin. so eat me.


mike, I don't simply accept what I was thought - I questioned it all, researched it, had various personal spiritual experiences with God and made my decision as I suppose you must have chosen yours. I have seen things which were out of the world which includes phenomena such as smelling of roses during prayer (when there are no roses), experiencing God's love for me, multiplication of things such as cassettes used for religious recordings, broken things simply mending themselves, even finding rose petals out of nowhere in my car or house... What else do I need, really?

I could do like you tend do and simply judge you, but that's not helpful to anyone, is it?

Yes, God is the logical explanation to me. Let's just respect our different choices and try to LD instead... smile


back to top
clarkkent
cookie lover
cookie lover
Posts: 1103
Joined: 01 Oct 2003
Last Visit: 06 Apr 2013
LD count: 100
Location: Smallville
 
PostPosted: Tue 28 Oct, 2003  Reply with quote

sage wrote:
mike_dpw wrote:
if you're gonna argue this, please give an actual argument and not just meaningless filler like...


Like all this talk of "past lives" that you seem to regard as fact? overspannen

Everyone has their beliefs and ultimately none of these beliefs can be proven, no matter what they are. Someone believing in Jesus is no more less logical than you believing in past lives. Everyone at some point has to make a blind leap of faith and place their whole belief system on a foundation that could be dubious. So really, the only question is "Does your belief system serve you?" If so, great; if not, change it. But don't judge another's beliefs because you don't agree with them, even if they seem illogical.... because ultimately, yours are too.


There are many beliefs.
My opinion here is that I disagree with some beliefs, maybe I think some are dangerous to the individual's health or well-being. But should I post on that subject, I think I won't really induce the individual to act differently and I would be ignored. It might be somebody posting about taking drugs to induce an LD etc. I am leaving that kind of posting to others, plus there are warnings on the internet.
I tend to simply post things which can be helpful, to someone, even if that someone might be simply myself. If you don't agree, that's fine (especially with regards to faith which is not something everybody sees in the same way).
These are choices which we make. I say we should respect them even if we see them as different from our own. There is some good in everyone and this is what we should see.


back to top
mike_dpw
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 123
Joined: 09 Jun 2003
Last Visit: 02 Jul 2004
Location: Indiana
 
PostPosted: Wed 29 Oct, 2003  Reply with quote

past lives, what the hell. . . I don't believe in past lives, what the anus are you talkinga bout? did you confuse me with somebody else?

back to top
Artie J
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 106
Joined: 06 Jul 2003
Last Visit: 18 Oct 2018
Location: NC
 
PostPosted: Wed 29 Oct, 2003  Reply with quote

I refuse to try certain things in LDs not because
there may be a God with a list of rules, but because my heart
and mind guide me in what is healthy, good and right.

Some Thoughts on the larger issue:
When I first started experiencing LDs, It was like a
great revelation. I felt like I was coming face to face
with the POWER OF THE MIND. I became aware how the
mind can create a virtual world that can seem real.
(I guess I should have known that, having experienced
normal dreams like everyone else, but unconscious dreaming
usually seems like a vague experience, buffered by
varying degree of recall.)
So, now I had a possible explaination for NDEs, OBEs,
religious experience type "visions", paranormal experiences,
probably even UFO abductee stories, etc.
When you couple the POWER OF THE MIND with a strong
willingness to believe in something, the reality of that something is
immediately suspect.

I think the only logical approach to the possibility
of a spiritual dimension to our existence is
agnosticism.
Look at the big picture: myriads of cultures around
the world since recorded history, each with their own
religious beliefs, each claiming to be the one true
way. Follow these rules, and you will be blessed!
And yet good things happen to bad people and horrible
things happen to good people. Hard to believe there's
a God that concerns himself with the affairs of
individuals.
What IS interesting is that this time-spanning world-wide
persistent preoccupation with religion exists. Some argue this
is the spiritual world yearning to be expressed and understood.
But, we humans have a strong willingness to believe that death is
not the end of our existence. In legal terms, we're not a very
reliable witness; we have an agenda.
So, not having had a religious epiphany lately, I can only
conclude the existence of God is doubtful, but not impossible.
I remain a hopeful agnostic until further evidence presents itself.


back to top
Jeff
Guest



 
PostPosted: Fri 31 Oct, 2003  Reply with quote

Ok here is one thing that i never do in a lucid dream...
tell a joke thats so good that it kills a dc because of an overload of laughs!
I mean iam cruel but not that cruel grin

Jeff


back to top
Dm7
Nonexist
cookie lover
Posts: 1932
Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Last Visit: 04 Oct 2007
Location: nonexist
 
PostPosted: Fri 31 Oct, 2003  Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
Ok here is one thing that i never do in a lucid dream...
tell a joke thats so good that it kills a dc because of an overload of laughs!
I mean iam cruel but not that cruel grin

Jeff


Bwhahahahaha! You crack me up! LOL! And you're killing me! Just kidding. wink

I don't think doing anything LD is a sin... what I mean is that it's your own subconsciousness and sometimes you want to do something in order to express your feelings. I have been doing that lately to express my feelings that i am unable to share IRL. Am I making any senses?

geenidee


back to top
lucid-chicken
New member
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Jun 2003
Last Visit: 15 Nov 2003
 
there back!
PostPosted: Sat 15 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

hahaha i see my post has caused some controversy... i like it. No i didnt leave because i thought it was a sin... ive been busy since school started so i havent had much time. But im back into it so here i am 8D thanks for all the replies, and im pretty certain that in my opinion its not a sin now. thanks guys and gals.

back to top
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
62
Chat Mods
Posts: 17056
Joined: 11 Aug 2003
Last Visit: 21 Aug 2019
LD count: 49 LDs so far
Location: Lancashire England.
 
Re: there back!
PostPosted: Sun 16 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

lucid-chicken wrote:
hahaha i see my post has caused some controversy... i like it. No i didnt leave because i thought it was a sin... ive been busy since school started so i havent had much time. But im back into it so here i am 8D thanks for all the replies, and im pretty certain that in my opinion its not a sin now. thanks guys and gals.

Glad you are back lucid-chicken. You must have a record for the most impact on the forum by making one post! I take it we convinced you that it wasn't a sin then. 8D



Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
back to top
dreamer_chick
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 213
Joined: 21 Jun 2005
Last Visit: 02 Jan 2008
Location: U.S.A
 
Lucid dreaming is a sin?!
PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

hello everyone! I was searching for a particular message, when I found some contraversial (sp?) topics about whether LD'ing is a sin or not.

I don't understand people's reason for thinking that LD'ing is a sin. I plan to get closer to God and Jesus through my lucid dreams, and I believe there is a small verse in the bible about lucid dreaming! (i think it's in song of songs...) One of my first goals for LD'ing is to grow spirutually from them. I can understand why some people may question the content of particular LD's as sinful (like, if you wanted to go an a killing spree or whatnot), but LD'ing in itself? hmmm...

What are your views on LD'ing being classified as a sin?


back to top
Alex D
Rarw
Novice dreamer
Posts: 30
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2007
 
PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

The way I see it, there is no God, so lucidity is all good.

back to top
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
62
Chat Mods
Posts: 17056
Joined: 11 Aug 2003
Last Visit: 21 Aug 2019
LD count: 49 LDs so far
Location: Lancashire England.
 
PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

dreamer_chic, I have merged your post to the original topic

associated topics are
A question, hopefully this wont offend anybody.
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3920&highligh t=
and
Lucid Dreaming and My Lord?
part I http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3441
part II http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4689&highligh t=



Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
back to top
dreamer_chick
Somniologist
Somniologist
Posts: 213
Joined: 21 Jun 2005
Last Visit: 02 Jan 2008
Location: U.S.A
 
Is lucid a sin?-Part II
PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

Thanks for the links moogle!
btw, are you Catholic? I think I read that somewhere ... I'm just curious, I plan on becoming catholic wink


back to top
omega3
Generic Lurker
cookie lover
31
Posts: 1301
Joined: 12 Feb 2005
Last Visit: 26 Jun 2008
LD count: 200+
Location: San Joaquin Valley, CA
 
PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

It goes toward dreaming in general... In the Middle Ages a sector in the Bible about witchcraft was mistranslated to mean dream recollection or similar. (correction?). I don't see how this is possible since God sent several vital messages using dreams.

I have heard of/seen LDing mistaken for witchcraft by the misinformed. It deals with perception/reality altering, people think you must be a witch/druggie if you do either. It is simply being aware that you are dreaming, but there may be religious issues with how this is attained.

The actual state isn't the issue I think, maybe mistaken for what people do in that state. I personally see actions in LD variant of a ND and not something too be too concerned about. The rule is if you have problems with an action or think you may don't do it.


back to top
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
46
Posts: 2510
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Last Visit: 05 Mar 2015
 
PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

It seems alot of Christians, want to be bored stiff. There overall view of life, is not to enjoy it, and one day our suffering will end, and will be in heaven. What a bitter way to look at life.I think alot of Christians are afraid to do anyting new, like LDing, it probaly scares the hell out of them. Your alive now, so live.

back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~