WildMan -- app for Android

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
dunlar
Astral Adventurer
Astral Explorer

WildMan -- app for Android
PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Hey folks -- in the process of writing a little app for Android to help with WILD, and was wondering if anyone would like to try it out and post feedback. There's currently an issue with multiple touch detection (easy to fix). You'll also need to make sure the device doesn't lock when idle (it should be in the settings somewhere)

The idea is as follows... You lay down to sleep and keep your index finger poised above the touchscreen -- when you fall asleep, your finger drops and hits the touchscreen, triggering an alarm. Right now it (hopefully) supports vibration and audible alarms, but will be adding some flashing light alarms too. The alarm can also be set on a delay (which is what you would typically want to do).

Disclaimer wrote:
THIS PROGRAM IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AUTHOR WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

Anyway, please give it a whirl and let me know your thoughts on it or how to improve it -- Thanks
WildMan

theevil
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 6ish
Location: A small rock moving through space at 390 kilometers per second.

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

As someone else interested in DIY solutions to LD gadgets, this sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not quite clear on how it works though. Won't your hand fall down when you enter the dream anyways? Unfortunately, I don't own an android, so I won't be able to test it. sadblauw

Good luck with your app,

Nsmurf

Current LD goal(s): MOAR DREAM RECALL!
Czaranis
Y HALO THAR!
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Sounds interesting... unfortunately I, too, am androidless.

Cool avatar btw, dunlar. ^^

Current LD goal(s): Practice flying without jetpack, replicate an awesome hover-tank I found in a ND
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 314—17/06/2
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

I own an Android, but it can only single touch and has no market. To top it off I can't update it from 2.1 so the app would have to be in that version. tounge2

I'd love to try it out, though. Reminds me of when I tried to fall asleep holding my arm in the air. I did once. eek2

Current LD goal(s): To Actually LD Regularly Again... Jeez...
dunlar
Astral Adventurer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Have improved the design and renamed LDMini -- could an admin please be so kind as to lock this topic?

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare