EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

What is the weirdest/coolest ability you have had in a ND?

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author  Message 
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 98

What is the weirdest/coolest ability you have had in a ND?
PostPosted: Thu 03 Oct, 2013  Reply with quote

For me it's when I was able to travel through space and time, but every point in this space-time was mixed, like If I moved to point A, point B right next to it could be light years away and a few billion years into the future. I experienced this ability by visually seeing these different locations flashing in front of my eyes as I flew through them, searching for one single point in space and time: a frozen planet where these people I wanted to help were trapped. You can imagine how hard it is to find a single point in a four dimensional system with every point being randomly mixed. There are innumerable amount of points. I never found my way back to the frozen planet in that dream.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 314—17/06/2
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

Hmm... playing Minecraft? tounge2

I'll have to get back to you on this. I can recall the abilities I've used in LDs off the top of my head, but I don't recall every ability I used in an NLD.

Current LD goal(s): To Actually LD Regularly Again... Jeez...
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Wolfgame

I have been a variety of videogame characters in ND's. I have been in Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, Dayz and probably many more that I can't recall

Being able to save game, restart from checkpoint, slow or stop time and see these "info" screens float in front of people :D I felt like I could do none of those in my short LD's that I have had. Only thing I was able to do was teleport/ change scene sadblauw

epona77
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

Not sure this counts as an ability, but I flew on a dragon and did loop-de-loops and dives without a harness or saddle or anything else. I just sat on the on the dragon.

tomelis
LD count: 15+

PostPosted: Sun 23 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

epona77 wrote:
Not sure this counts as an ability, but I flew on a dragon and did loop-de-loops and dives without a harness or saddle or anything else. I just sat on the on the dragon.

Did you play video games like skyrim before that? smile

epona77
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

tomelis wrote:
epona77 wrote:

Did you play video games like skyrim before that? smile

I do know even know that game! I only play World of Warcraft, but I had that dream before I started playing that too. I wasn't playing any games when I had that dream. I have always loved dragons though. smile

HeadInTheClouds
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
HeadInTheClouds has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: a lot

I just saw this topic. Its a shame more people haven't posted here. I have had so many interesting things happen in my NDs, that it is hard to choose just one. Thus, I will go ahead and go with the most recent thing that happened to me. I was with my family somewhere, and there was an explosion. I could see the fire coming at me and them, but it didn't happen instantly. We were then all on fire and everything was burning; it was starting to almost turn into a nightmare. Then I realized that something wasn't right (I never actually became lucid, although I suppose some might call this a FLD over a ND) and realized I could control the fire. Everyone and every thing was still on fire including myself, but I didn't care as I could control the fire so it didn't harm me. Then I realized that it was harming my family, so I concentrated real hard (Don't know how to describe it) and pulled all the fire into me and every thing ceased to be on fire. I probably don't do the dream justice in describing it, but having absolute and total control over fire was pretty awesome siiw .

Current LD goal(s): Have a LD every night; Have longer and more vivid dreams
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Tue 25 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

HeadInTheClouds wrote:
... having absolute and total control over fire was pretty awesome siiw .

I agree. I have probably told this a million times already but I had a ND where a monster was unkillable. It turned into a FLD but slicing it into pieces or shooting fire didn't help. I ended up concentrating on the image of the whole beast in flames. Every cell on fire. For a few moments all I could see were flames, massive flames destroying this monster that was the size of a large island.

Another cool ability that I have been paying more attention to lately is the map. I can cover my vision with this map and it's different depending on what I want. It can show me the layout of the building I'm in. I can look for a specific location and teleport there using the zoom ability of the map. And it also shows everything happening in real time at the location I'm looking at. I like it tounge2

WasPeace
Novice Dreamer!
Somniologist
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Mon 21 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Once i was invisible !!! I was helping a friend avoiding some bad cops, And my enemies couldn't see me lol he was like just infront of me but nop.. He didn't see meh tounge1

Current LD goal(s): Meet My CHAKRAS !
Bom
Lucid Panda
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 65

PostPosted: Tue 22 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Seeing the future. It was awesome. I saw this guy and he grabbed my hand to help me stand up from the ground and I saw his future(getting shot). When I stood up from the ground that's exactly what happened. Or one time I could hear my enemies heartbeat from like 1 km away.

Current LD goal(s): Spawn Sunny and Dani
CaptainBee
Pirate Captain
Somniologist
CaptainBee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I had a dream not too long ago where I was sleeping in class but couldn't wake up, and my teacher was mad at me so she took out a box of doughnuts and the only way to get them was to get up and go get them at her desk.
Suddenly I projected my consciousness outside of my body; basically I made a clone, and in that state I could be anything like in any ol' dream, so I made myself the size of a mouse and scurried over past the students' feet, up the teacher's desk and towards the box of doughnuts. I was a little too small to get into the box, and in my attempt I accidentally tipped it and all of it's contents on top of me. Not that I was complaining, hehe.

I'm actually making a story based around this superpower. You can see the sketches here (the first few sketches in the yellow): http://cptbee.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-Dump-7-447318 391 The story's description is in the artist's comments if you want to know more.

Current LD goal(s): Meet my OCs
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Wolfgame

Really cool sketches, CaptainBee! I wish I had any artistic talent so I could draw some of my more memorable dream settings and characters.

Xazo-Tak
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 23 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Being able to comprehend text.
Though as for things that would be abnormal in real life, never had anything, and my semiformed tulpa has only done one abnormal thing, appearing out of thin air through a portal (Though not abnormal by design of the character).

Current LD goal(s): Stable LD
Mismagius
~Korrina's Lover~
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 19 May, 2017  Reply with quote

I liked this one dream where i was flying around my house as some kind of green 'ghost' (lol, i'm saying this and i'm named after a ghost type pokemon xD haha).

That dream was kinda scary but it was also really fun smile I'm pretty sure it wasn't a lucid.

EDIT: Another non lucid ability i liked a lot was my "Espeon Magical Girl" form i had in one dream in 2004.

I had like gltter powers and stuff and showed off to my ash ketchum poster (that i also have irl). It was epic XD

JimMorrison
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 50

PostPosted: Sat 20 May, 2017  Reply with quote

For me time travel too. I had a dream I was with a friend in my room and the entire room traveled through time and space each time we closed our eyes for five seconds. Amazing looking out the window and it's day time in the Netherlands, closing your eyes and seeing it's night time and you're in Spain. :D

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare